IGNORED

Worst 4A game EVER?

Willsy

Worst 4A game ever?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst game in the history of the 99/4A? An absolute turd of a game that you were ashamed to show to your friends?

• Indoor Soccer
    • Beyond Parsec
    • Miner 2049er
    • Chisolm Trail
    • Tombstone City
    • The Attack
    • Car Wars
    • Hunt the Wumpus
    • A-MAZE-ING

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

"Miner 2049er" by far. Playing that game was like seeing blood in your urine. It is horrid. The music is horrid. The graphics are terrible. Yet it received such acclaim back in the day, perhaps because it was available on every platform in existence. I have to say I played it once on the Atari and thought "eh, it's okay."

I finally got my hands on one last year sometime. I finally got rid of it this year in a batch of other games. Lost money on the deal, over-all, but I just cannot keep a polished turd just because it might be "rare" or whatever; it be a turd, still.

Damn Dude! Tell us you REALLY think! You're delivery was so damn funny, I had to go pee before I could reply to your message I was laughing so hard!

Damn Dude! Tell us you REALLY think! You're delivery was so damn funny, I had to go pee before I could reply to your message I was laughing so hard!

That is some funny s#@t :D.

I voted for Chisholm Trail and Tombstone City - although I think Alpiner might be worse. BTW - I don't think Hunt the Wumpus should be on this list, nor do I think it should have as many votes as it does :x

I would like to add Moonsweeper.

Although it had some elaborate graphics, this was mainly all it had to offer.

while (ships>0)

{

Shoot some objects in the orbit;

Go down on a moon;

Pick up people;

Lose some ships because of being hit by alien missiles;

Don't miss the accelerators;

Go back in orbit;

}

That is, you had a good chance to see the complete gameplay in the first minute.

But Hunt the Wumpus SUCKS THE ROOT. What are you thinking?

But, for me, Indoor Soccer is the absolute worst game of all time. A bulbous puss spewing haemorrhoid on the heaving steaming ass of Satan himself.

:lol: - well, I think we'll have to disagree on both these fronts :P. My little brother and I would play for title of world champion on Indoor Soccer.

• Like 1

Hunt the Wumpus was never intended as an *action* game. It is a sample game for Artificial Intelligence. People in that area know about the Wumpus but usually can't believe we put humans in control. :-)

I believe you are thinking of Eliza. Wumpus has fixed mazes and just uses random numbers to place and move things.

I believe you are thinking of Eliza. Wumpus has fixed mazes and just uses random numbers to place and move things.

If you search for "Wumpus" and "artificial intelligence" you will find an abundance of papers, slides, and references to AI literature. However, I don't know which one was first - the game or the application in AI. I presumed it was an original AI problem, but as I saw, it may also be the opposite. Anyway, the Wumpus world is well-known in AI but not for the game.

I read an article once on the origin of the Wumpus game... Ah the magic of the Internet:

http://www.atariarchives.org/bcc1/showpage.php?page=247

Nothing about AI. A very simple game actually.

It was also one of the first games I ever played on my 99/4A and I spent quite of a bit of time on it. It is kind of like minesweeper in a very limited way. But like most TI-produced games the graphics and sound absolutely sucked, and the way they made it more "challenging" was to implement features that really made it almost impossible short of flat-out guessing.

• Like 2

I'm surprised to hear the hate for Miner 2049'er as it really is a good game and a nice Donkey Kong type variant. It's the 2600 version that blows chunks (too damned slow), but that's been fixed now with a hack. Only thing I don't like about the TI cart is that it plugs into the side expansion port! Was there a technical reason why Tigervision did that with Miner and Espial, or were they just trying to be different? It's different alright. And not in a good way. :lol:

I'm surprised to hear the hate for Miner 2049'er as it really is a good game and a nice Donkey Kong type variant. It's the 2600 version that blows chunks (too damned slow), but that's been fixed now with a hack. Only thing I don't like about the TI cart is that it plugs into the side expansion port! Was there a technical reason why Tigervision did that with Miner and Espial, or were they just trying to be different? It's different alright. And not in a good way. :lol:

I would not really call it hate. Unadulterated and unmitigated vitriol, perhaps. I apologize if I gave the wrong impression ;)

ANYWAY, I felt the Atari computer version was "meh," and the rest pretty much sucked. The side expansion, as I recall, was to overcome the GROM lock-out introduced with the v2.2 consoles. I do not think it offered anything else special.

Speaking of worst games ever. I think it was called "Wizard's Dominion?"

It was an Extended Basic game where you go through a 10x10 maze, which was all too easy. There was just 1 type of monster you fought. Some aspects of your character had to be written down, for it wasn't incorporated in the game(Temple of Apshai had that same flaw).

Anyone remember this? The game was just awful.

If you search for "Wumpus" and "artificial intelligence" you will find an abundance of papers, slides, and references to AI literature. However, I don't know which one was first - the game or the application in AI. I presumed it was an original AI problem, but as I saw, it may also be the opposite. Anyway, the Wumpus world is well-known in AI but not for the game.

I believe several AI projects arose to have an AI "agent" solve the game but the original game didn't involve AI.

I think people liked wumpus for AI because the game gave you feedback based on senses.

Speaking of worst games ever. I think it was called "Wizard's Dominion?"

It was an Extended Basic game where you go through a 10x10 maze, which was all too easy. There was just 1 type of monster you fought. Some aspects of your character had to be written down, for it wasn't incorporated in the game(Temple of Apshai had that same flaw).

Anyone remember this? The game was just awful.

Oh yes, I remember it... the manual was cooler than the game. I'm glad I never bought this one from Triton in the day, I'd have been pissed.

Adamantyr

• 3 weeks later...