IGNORED

PCjr Writing Disk Help

dstone

So, I'm trying to load the original Ghostbusters game on a 5 1/4" floppy to play on my PCjr. Can't seem to make it work. Presently, I've been transferring everything over to my 486 to write to the floppy. I was able to successfully write the image to a floppy, however it wouldn't boot on the PCjr since I had used a 1.2mb drive instead of a 360kb drive. I removed the drive from the PCjr and put it in my 486 and was able to format disks and copy files without any problems. However, when I tried to use rawrite, rawrite2, or dskimage to write the image to a disk, I would get all sorts of errors along the lines of "Sector not found" and "Address mark not found." I do not get these errors when using the 1.2mb drive or my 3 1/2" drive. I formatted a disk with the PCjr drive and then loaded the image on using the 1.2mb drive, which worked, however when I would try to boot it on either my 486 or PCjr, all I would get was a flashing cursor. Thinking it was a problem with the image, I tried writing it to a 3 1/2" disk, which worked, but it also gave me the flashing cursor when I tried to boot off of it.

A friend double-checked the image for me, he also got the same results when writing to a disk but was able to successfully load the game using DOSbox.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should look at next? I'm assuming there's some sort of problem with the software I'm using to write with. I've been trying for the past few weeks to get Ghostbusters onto a floppy but was faced with numerous setbacks, including one of my 486s actually catching on fire. My original goal was to have the PCjr on display at OVGE (tomorrow), but at this point I'd be happy to just see the game boot off a disk on any machine.