IGNORED

Brown ECS module and music synth?

OldAtarian

Hey, did you guys know that the ECS module and music synth released in Australia match the colors of the 1st generation Intellivision and not the white Intellivision II? I saw a commercial for them on YouTube today. Does anyone know if they are compatible with NTSC Intellivisions or if any brown ones were released in NTSC markets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aTyvdOLBdA

Edited by OldAtarian

Hey, did you guys know that the ECS module and music synth released in Australia match the colors of the 1st generation Intellivision and not the white Intellivision II? I saw a commercial for them on YouTube today. Does anyone know if they are compatible with NTSC Intellivisions or if any brown ones were released in NTSC markets?

I don't know if they are compatible or not, but you could probably switch the guts from a US one into the Australian one to make it work. There is currently one up on ebay:

brown ecs: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507136207971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250713620797&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I don't know if they are compatible or not, but you could probably switch the guts from a US one into the Australian one to make it work. There is currently one up on ebay:

brown ecs: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507136207971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250713620797&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Unfortunately, it would probably cost more to ship that lot from Australia than the whole thing is worth. :sad:

I don't know if they are compatible or not, but you could probably switch the guts from a US one into the Australian one to make it work.

I've got a brown ECS, but it didn't come with a power supply so I sued the one from my US version. Works like a charm with my US Intellivision so I'm guessing they're all the same on the inside?

Tempest

I don't know if they are compatible or not, but you could probably switch the guts from a US one into the Australian one to make it work.

I've got a brown ECS, but it didn't come with a power supply so I sued the one from my US version. Works like a charm with my US Intellivision so I'm guessing they're all the same on the inside?

Tempest

Hi,

I need a power supply for mi ECS, do you know how to get one? an unicersal adaptor could work? i know is 10 V, but i can´t find any 10v Universal Transformer in my country..

Greetings..

Hi,

I need a power supply for mi ECS, do you know how to get one? an unicersal adaptor could work? i know is 10 V, but i can´t find any 10v Universal Transformer in my country..

Greetings..

I don't have an official power supply either. I was told to use a Nes power supply and it does work.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/118273-intellivision-ecs-power-supply

Hi,

Greetings..

I don't have an official power supply either. I was told to use a Nes power supply and it does work.

http://www.atariage....cs-power-supply

Thanks a lot for the tip, I just needed to ask earlier, i have like four month with the new but incomplete ECS, hoping to get a sealed one, but seems to be depleted that stash.

Now i just need the Melody blaster to test my Synthetizer..

Thanks a lot, dude.:D

• 1 month later...

there is one on Ebay right now. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1505251141521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150525114152&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Too bad the description is misleading. The 4000 production model was the one with the built in cassette player that cost them a fortune to produce, not this one. This is probably just the Australian unit from the video that someone imported and may not be any rarer than any other ECS module.

Edited by OldAtarian

there is one on Ebay right now. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1505251141521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150525114152&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Too bad the description is misleading. The 4000 production model was the one with the built in cassette player that cost them a fortune to produce, not this one. This is probably just the Australian unit from the video that someone imported and may not be any rarer than any other ECS module.

you are right, this isnt the ultra rare one. i bet these are a dime a dozen in australia.

it is just rare to see them boxed and sealed and in the U.S.

I send a message to the seller about his confusion, I don´t know if he will listen, but some inescrupulous buyer (or a distracted one) could ask a refund for the bad description

I did, too. I actually saw that listing before I saw it mentioned in this thread. Usually trying to correct people on ebay only gets you a nasty message back telling you to mind your own f'ing business or gets you banned from bidding on the listing. I think people deliberatley set out to deceive people sometimes and don't want anyone getting in their way. That's why anonymous bidding is bad. I used to be on a coin collecting forum and a few of us used to police ebay for counterfeit or altered coins and when one appeared we would warn the bidders about it so they don't get ripped off but you can't do that now. Ebay should have left it as it was. A lot more people are being robbed now and don't even know they're being robbed until it's too late to do anything about it.

I send a message to the seller about his confusion, I don´t know if he will listen, but some inescrupulous buyer (or a distracted one) could ask a refund for the bad description

I did, too. I actually saw that listing before I saw it mentioned in this thread. Usually trying to correct people on ebay only gets you a nasty message back telling you to mind your own f'ing business or gets you banned from bidding on the listing. I think people deliberatley set out to deceive people sometimes and don't want anyone getting in their way. That's why anonymous bidding is bad. I used to be on a coin collecting forum and a few of us used to police ebay for counterfeit or altered coins and when one appeared we would warn the bidders about it so they don't get ripped off but you can't do that now. Ebay should have left it as it was. A lot more people are being robbed now and don't even know they're being robbed until it's too late to do anything about it.

I suspect in this case most of the bidders know that it's not the keyboard component and I believe the winning bidder will know what he's getting and won't be asking for a refund. :)

That said, hopefully he'll listen to Ed's advice.

He do a correction, maybe not perfect (he need more information) but is something

As my short experience as Ebay seller I notice some respetable (I mean good reputation, morals is in question) people who do scams only when the system (ebay) allowed. They worked the system in their favor and get out with the perfect crime.

I just get scammed by a German Reseller, He get like 400$ on items for free.

So buyers also scam people, not only sellers, and he was allowing a window of oportunity for someone with not so strong morals..

Hey guys,

nice to see discussing about the ECS ;) A few months ago I posted some pics and facts about my brown ECS model: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/164729-intellivision-prototype/#entry2034408

It's different from other systems, so I believed it was a full working prototype. But today I know it is a demonstration model for promotion pics. I found some old pics in a catalog, but this brown ECS with red stripe was never sold. Maybe one of you know more about it?

I can't see paying a 10x premium for it.

I can... even if $721 is too much for me ;)

But I can't understand do purchase it over ebay and such an unkind and vague offer. The description is crap, the pics also. I think somebody is pushing these auction. Look at the 3 different bidders. Only two of them are still bidding. Don't take it too seriously!