IGNORED

All-time Games Ratings and HSC Records

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I broke the WR on Donkey Kong for the A8 (at least I broke the one that is mentioned on TwinGalaxies):

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4881.0;attach=4980;image

My set-up ( LOVE the XEGS :)):

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4881.0;attach=4982;image

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

I think I broke the WR on Donkey Kong for the A8 (at least I broke the one that is mentioned on TwinGalaxies):

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4881.0;attach=4980;image

My set-up ( LOVE the XEGS :)):

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4881.0;attach=4982;image

That's a cracking score Level42 :thumbsup: It's a great game. What level did you get to? Did you start on level 1?

Hope you'll play here too, we usually have a bash at DK each season, you'll then face the pressure of HSC competition :-D keep an eye on the next vote ;)

Yes it's a brilliant port, I honestly think that is better than the original arcade version for various reasons. DK gave me the final push to buy an Atari 600XL BITD. I had played the Coleco version and was already in awe by that, but I HATED the controller.

I had been looking to buy a C64 or something, but I already owned a 2600 so I was already a bit Atari minded. The slow C64 floppy drive, the lack of support of graphics and sound in it's basic and some other things pushed me towards the XL, but DK gave the decisive push in the right direction and despite not having much software in the beginning I never regretted it. It is still the system I love most of all consoles and computers that I've owned.

I started at the default level (barrel). I didn't keep track enough but I think it was L7 or L8. I have a feeling that the game might not be getting much harder after that but I'm not sure. It's still hard enough then though ;)

In all honesty, I am living in The Netherlands so I'm running a PAL system, which makes the game a bit slower than the US guys experience. To settle things officially, Mr.Atari (Sijmen) kindly offered me a NTSC 800 (not XL) to borrow for practicing "NTSC speed" and hopefully record on video an official record session :)

I'll focus on this for now, but the HSC looks like fun :)

Something I wondered what you guys have experienced. I have a feeling that the game keeps track of how long it's been running OR the number of "starts" were done. I say this because when I freshly boot up the machine, the first game the barrels almost NEVER come down flying (only the first one that always goes straight down of course).

However, if you've kept the machine on and do a couple of games after each-other (wether you re-start a running game or simply finish all your lives) it will give much more random flying barrels. Of course this _might_ be simply an effect of the pseudo-random generator that probably is used to "generate" these flying barrels, but I have a hunch the programmer somehow tricked this in on purpose.

It's not something I have felt only recently, even when I had 600XL and cartridge new BITD I noticed this effect.

Anyway, I'll keep doing some practicing and hope to arrange the NTSC 800 soon (LOOOOOVEEE the 800, I'm the proud owner of one, but it's PAL (which makes it rather rare ;))

Most 800's that arrived here BITD were self-imported NTSC machines. I don't think Atari Netherlands (Benelux) ever imported the 800 officially, they only started with the 600/800XL as far as I know.

Anyway...I'll keep you guys updated !

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Quite amusing that there are some of my ZONG-games in the list, as well as Zador. But I wonder why Tecno Ninja has not been played, since this is quite challenging.

Nice to hear from you - which ones are the Zong games?

I will add Techno Ninja to a poll soon (if it also runs on NTSC systems). I did check it out after reading Markus's review in Pro©Mag, looks an interesting game. My friend bluecat loves Zador :thumbsup:

:)

Some of my games on the list are:

Ball Harbour

Berzerk (KE-SOFT)

Daredevil (if it's the one I made, I don't know if there's another one with the same name)

Kong

Miner 1049er

Weihnachtsspiel

X-Mas House

Zador

Zador II

Some happy memories playing these in the HSC, Didn't realise Ball Harbour and Kong were yours. Yes DareDevil was part of The Devil May Care (HSC10 R15) :)

We will play some others too :thumbsup:

[EVERYONE: Checkout Kemal's great Atari web site and download some of his games] :)

Don't suppose you found the source files for Zador to make the timer longer so NTSC players can enjoy the game too?

I didn't find my sourcedisks, unfortunately. I can't believe I threw them away, so I still think they must be somewhere, but I have no idea.

Especially because I want to make Tecno Ninja II, and also maybe Zador III.

Any graphics artist around that would like to join these projects?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...