Photo

Pinball FX2

91 replies to this topic

#1 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• 7,940 posts

Posted Mon Nov 1, 2010 7:40 PM

With all due repect to Pinball Hall of Fame Collection (it stands on its own as the best collection of pinball games).

I have to recommend Pinball FX more now than ever. It really is even better than the last version. It's got a poor mans game room center now where all your pinball machines reside. You can import your tables from the first FX game and for 800 points you get a bunch more tables.

Totally worth it and playing it now. :P

Anyone else grab it?

#2 moycon OFFLINE  

moycon

Quadrunner

• 21,401 posts
  • moycon?? What the hell is that??

Posted Mon Nov 1, 2010 8:21 PM

I got it and played some of my old purchased tables (Street Fighter, Haunted Mansion)
Pretty neat you can snag the front end, play your old tables and get new achievements for free. I haven't bought the new table though, no need right now, I'm having a blast playing the old titles with new physics and upgraded graphics. :thumbsup:

#3 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,940 posts

Posted Mon Nov 1, 2010 8:54 PM

I know it's fantastic, I was playing my old stuff and then decided what the heck I have the points and got the new tables. Really good improvement.

#4 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,505 posts
  • Berzerk (Atari 2600) champ

Posted Mon Nov 1, 2010 10:43 PM

I absolutely love it. In one game I got all the xtreme achievements, 2 of the speed machine, 2 of the agents, and a few others. I really like the new physics engine, after playing the first one for quite some time, I had to relearn shots. Haunted Mansion's side ramp shot is easier to hit now.

I didn't buy the new tables, but I will soon. :D

#5 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel

River Patroller

• 4,000 posts

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 8:11 AM

The new tables didn't wow me. But it otherwise seemed like an excellent continuation of the efforts in the original and Zen Pinball.

#6 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,940 posts

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 9:11 AM

Yeah the new tables were average at best but for me it was worth getting them just to have a variety. The physics are MUCH better. I can aim shots easier and rack up better scores all around. Way to go to the devs on working on improving this.

#7 moycon OFFLINE  

moycon

Quadrunner

• 21,401 posts
  • moycon?? What the hell is that??

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 9:32 AM

I agree with Gabriel. This would be a real treat if the tables were licensed tables.
Would make a great game...an awesome game! Especially if they had tables available from every decade.

#8 Lord Helmet OFFLINE  

Lord Helmet

AtariAge Anomaly

• 9,883 posts

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 9:46 AM

I loved the first one. I think I'll snag this on this evening.

#9 ComputerSpaceFan OFFLINE  

ComputerSpaceFan

Stargunner

• 1,727 posts

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 6:21 PM

I've been hearing a lot of people praising this one. It's only for XBox 360 right? I'm a PS3 owner.
I know there was Zen Pinball but I wasn't impressed with the physics so I didn't get that one. Maybe a Zen Pinball 2 is coming for PS3 with these better improvements?

#10 Cliff Friedel OFFLINE  

Cliff Friedel

Dragonstomper

• 592 posts

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 7:33 PM

I've been hearing a lot of people praising this one. It's only for XBox 360 right? I'm a PS3 owner.
I know there was Zen Pinball but I wasn't impressed with the physics so I didn't get that one. Maybe a Zen Pinball 2 is coming for PS3 with these better improvements?

It's only for Xbox 360.

#11 Cliff Friedel OFFLINE  

Cliff Friedel

Dragonstomper

• 592 posts

Posted Tue Nov 2, 2010 7:35 PM

The new tables didn't wow me. But it otherwise seemed like an excellent continuation of the efforts in the original and Zen Pinball.

I really liked the Rome and the Persian table. The other two I would say were ok. What I really liked were the remakes of the old tables. It's like playing the game new all over again. A lot better than the first revision.

BTW, drop me your Live IDs and I will add you guys. Would love to play some multiplayer.

Cliff

#12 Cliff Friedel OFFLINE  

Cliff Friedel

Dragonstomper

• 592 posts

Posted Wed Nov 3, 2010 8:52 PM

It's only for Xbox 360.

I made a mistake. There is a version for PS3 also. Sorry.

#13 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 24,973 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 AM

Downloaded the demo the other day and it sure has improved. I hated the first one. It was horrible, but now it looks like they have learned from most of their mistakes. I might actually buy this when I get some money.

#14 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,940 posts

Posted Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 AM

What would be really cool is if they can license some classic boards!

:)

#15 Cliff Friedel OFFLINE  

Cliff Friedel

Dragonstomper

• 592 posts

Posted Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 AM

I would love to see some licensed machines on there. I can't imagine the companies (or places that own the IP) settling on a portion of the $10 or so they would get out of the selling of the game or machine packs though. I think the engine definitely would make them shine though.

Cliff

#16 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,505 posts

Posted Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 AM

I absolutely love this game. My only issue is that I'm blowing up tables, and I'm only at 8,000 or so wizard points. The robe is a whopping 100,000 points. I do know it is based off of friend's super scores also... anyone want to add me on XBL? :D

Hoyoooo is my gamer tag.

I REALLY like 3 of the 4 of the new tables. I really like Junkyard, so Spirits of the Deep is an amazing board for me. I didn't like Rome that much, Pasha I'm starting to get ahold of, and biolab is... weird. All the older tables play great, but I can't seem to bust my old score on Speed Machine.

#17 Cliff Friedel OFFLINE  

Cliff Friedel

Dragonstomper

• 592 posts

Posted Wed Dec 1, 2010 10:43 AM

I absolutely love this game. My only issue is that I'm blowing up tables, and I'm only at 8,000 or so wizard points. The robe is a whopping 100,000 points. I do know it is based off of friend's super scores also... anyone want to add me on XBL? :D

Hoyoooo is my gamer tag.

I REALLY like 3 of the 4 of the new tables. I really like Junkyard, so Spirits of the Deep is an amazing board for me. I didn't like Rome that much, Pasha I'm starting to get ahold of, and biolab is... weird. All the older tables play great, but I can't seem to bust my old score on Speed Machine.

I will send a request today. My gamertag is Mithrandir1775 if anyone wants to add.

#18 SoulBlazer OFFLINE  

SoulBlazer

River Patroller

• 3,969 posts

Posted Fri Dec 3, 2010 6:38 PM

Didn't play the first one much, but really liking this new version! I had bought all the old tables but not purchased the four new ones yet.

Please add me if you play! Would love to gloat when I break your records. :P

My username is SoulBlazer07

#19 SoulBlazer OFFLINE  

SoulBlazer

River Patroller

• 3,969 posts

Posted Mon Dec 6, 2010 12:32 PM

Added in the four new tables (so I have all the pinball tables now) and sent in add requests to a bunch of you so I can compare scores.

Which tables are your favorites? I'm enjoying Secrets of the Deep, Street Fighter II, and Excalibur the most.

#20 HammR25 OFFLINE  

HammR25

River Patroller

• 4,544 posts
  • Happy Fun Ball

Posted Mon Dec 6, 2010 12:51 PM

Four more new tables out this week.

http://www.marvelpinball.com

#21 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,505 posts

Posted Mon Dec 6, 2010 4:47 PM

Added in the four new tables (so I have all the pinball tables now) and sent in add requests to a bunch of you so I can compare scores.

Which tables are your favorites? I'm enjoying Secrets of the Deep, Street Fighter II, and Excalibur the most.

I cannot STAND Street Fighter II.

I'm stoked about the new tables. I have nothing going on Wednesday also.... I know what I am doing :D

#22 Cliff Friedel OFFLINE  

Cliff Friedel

Dragonstomper

• 592 posts

Posted Mon Dec 6, 2010 10:50 PM

Hammr25 and others: Can you please resend the requests. Wasn't sure who sent them and rejected them. Sorry. Was getting some CoD requests and thought it was from them.

Cliff

#23 HammR25 OFFLINE  

HammR25

River Patroller

• 4,544 posts
  • Happy Fun Ball

Posted Tue Dec 7, 2010 7:16 AM

Hammr25 and others: Can you please resend the requests. Wasn't sure who sent them and rejected them. Sorry. Was getting some CoD requests and thought it was from them.

Cliff

:lol: I figured it was something like that.

#24 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,940 posts

Posted Tue Dec 7, 2010 9:31 AM

You guys can add me too if you want:
cimerians

If I get the chance I'll add anyone I missed this week.
Been busy with other games as of late.

#25 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,940 posts

Posted Tue Dec 7, 2010 9:34 AM

I cannot STAND Street Fighter II.

I'm stoked about the new tables. I have nothing going on Wednesday also.... I know what I am doing :D

I also thought Street Fighter II was a bit of a letdown. I didn't like the Bullwinkle table that much either. Sometimes it feels that some tables are not that much different than each other.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users