IGNORED

Intellivisionworld website

tz101

Has anyone ever actually gotten a valid response on the forums for this site?

I posted a question there over a year ago and all I get are spambots responding with links to "free offers".

Checked other posts and sure enough, the replies are nothing but spam.

Why would the admins even set up such a site, with seeming potential for Intellivision fans, and then let it be taken over by spammers?

It is sad when spammers overtake any forum... unless there are controls to help the admin block them, they can easily flood the site to the point it is an unrecognizable shell.

I feel for the admins of that site and hope they figure out how to block it so they can get back on track. Good Intellivision sites are always welcome on the web. :)

I posted a question there over a year ago and all I get are spambots responding with links to "free offers".

Why would the admins even set up such a site, with seeming potential for Intellivision fans, and then let it be taken over by spammers?

i signed up for that forum a year or 2 ago. it was dead and still is.

There is no other forum for intellivision out there at all. (maybe except intellivisionlives facebook)

That is why i begged Albert to make this sub forum on AA. :cool:

• Like 2

i signed up for that forum a year or 2 ago. it was dead and still is.

There is no other forum for intellivision out there at all. (maybe except intellivisionlives facebook)

That is why i begged Albert to make this sub forum on AA. :cool:

+1

last time I went there is maybe 6 months ago and I don't think I will go there anymore.

THIS IS THE PLACE FOR INTV FAN !!!!!! thanks AA

Yep. Pretty bad. Actually, rediculous. I'm betting the admin(s) got it set up, then lost interest and never bothered to set up proper security.

It'd be interesting to see if they'd be willing to pass the URL on and allow someone else to rebuild. Of course I wouldn't touch the forum softare with a 10 foot pole.

If you look around at the Intellivisionworld forums it is eerie, almost like looking at a ghost town where all the citizens suddenly vanished. It appears that any valid responses on the posts ended around the 2006-2007 timeframe. Posts dated after that are either unknowing newbs (like I was when I posted my question over a year ago), or spambot responses. Its as if the admin and any moderators (if there were any) gave up trying to fight the battle and left the ghost forum to the wolves. Why would they not just get a new forum authoring tool with security features built in?

If you look around at the Intellivisionworld forums it is eerie, almost like looking at a ghost town where all the citizens suddenly vanished. It appears that any valid responses on the posts ended around the 2006-2007 timeframe. Posts dated after that are either unknowing newbs (like I was when I posted my question over a year ago), or spambot responses. Its as if the admin and any moderators (if there were any) gave up trying to fight the battle and left the ghost forum to the wolves. Why would they not just get a new forum authoring tool with security features built in?

interesting analogy you used! i wonder how many 'ghost town' websites exist?