IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

Good evening. I own a colecovision and I am having gabled video issues. I reached out to another repair facility and they advised me that it is either 1. the power switch or 2

The condition is called ‘Scrambled Video’ and is common. It usually is caused by one of 7 ram microchips that becomes sensitive to the voltage, usually low voltage, and stops holding the video properly. In the past we used software to help locate the bad chip(s) and replace them to do the repair. But the repair sometimes led to many of the chips being bad, or the master R80 chip being bad, and possibly not being repairable as the troubleshooting continued. And, to make matters worse, some circuits used an uncommon RAM chip that is no longer available, so the repair could not be made. All this became very expensive, and uncertain, so we stopped doing the repair.

I was wondering if this is something you could fix. If so, I'd be interested in getting that done as well as the RGB mod. I have a supergames module on order and I want this machine to be in tip top shape. Lastly, would you be able to break down the cost of everything. Thanks, Tim .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Yurkie,

Are the front page prices still valid/up to date?

If I want to get a console RGB modded, I would have to send it to you and pay 109 plus the cost of shipping it back to me, is that correct? And I can get the connection to be with a euro scart connector, right?

How long does it take from the time you receive it? What does the "refurb" part of the process do to the console?

Just in case do you currently have any consoles for sale?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got a hold of a really clean (but non functional) CBS Colecovision and wanted to have it repaired and modded. The screen was all garbled. Yurkie repaired it (one faulty DRAM module), a/v modded it, and refurbished the controllers with ball knobs and straightened cords. The unit came back in superb condition (looks newer than when I sent it to him!) and everything works like a brand new system. This man knows his stuff. Don't hesitate if you require his services as they are top notch.

Received Yurkie's Colecovision Composite A/V Mod this past Friday and installed Saturday morning in less than an hour.

Very easy to install (hardest part to me was opening the case, lol). Video and sound quality are substantially improved over RF (applies to the Atari 2600 Expansion module as well!).

I would highly recommend his kit to anyone wanting to upgrade their Colecovision's A/V output.

-Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a really good Colecovision controller mod experience with Yurkie - not only did he had the ball tops to them, but he got my 2nd player controller to finally be able to move right without issue. I will be sending him my Colecovision console to him for modding next month

Thanks.