Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI September 2017

colecovision coleco console controllers mods

558 replies to this topic

#551 dmaxwell OFFLINE  

dmaxwell

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:40 PM

Someone else mentioned this issue to me earlier and I just wanted to chime in that I had a decent experience with Yurkie starting back in in Feb of this year.  First I shipped my Colecovision controllers for modding, and then a few months later the system for A/v modding.

While he was not especially fast and I had to touch base with him a couple of times, I think the controllers were done in about 3 weeks and the system in about the same time.  I was pleased with the final product.   I hope he can get back on the ball with his other customers because when he comes through he has a good service. 

#552 MontaukAndy OFFLINE  

MontaukAndy

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Jan 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Sent a PM for an RGB mod... excited! -Andy

#553 MontaukAndy OFFLINE  

MontaukAndy

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Jan 8, 2018 2:00 PM

Whoa... I guess I did not stay up to date on this post... Just saw some of the negative feedback...

What a dilemma... sounds like he does great work, but also sounds like there's been a rough patch, here...

Been waiting a long time to pull the trigger on this, and now? For everything I've heard about him before, I WANT to believe in him... this sucks. Hope everything is ok on Yurkie's end, health-wise, life-wise...

#554 Demonofelru OFFLINE  

Demonofelru

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 8:39 PM

Well, I just hate to file a claim against the guy right after the holiday, and not to get personal but the reasons for the delays are pretty serious (family issues). I actually already own an RGB modded NES by Yurkie, which was purhcased on Ebay from a secondhand seller, and I can confirm his work is excellent; I've opened it and the wiring is immaculate. I really wasn't concerned until I stumbled on this thread and saw lots of other people having issues with him.

You are too nice of a guy, you need to look out for yourself IMO.  Even a mod seems to recommend looking for a refund.  He was on a couple times since, if he has yet to contact you, he's probably doing it on purpose.  Don't let yourself be taken advantage of.

#555 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 12,070 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 AM

Yurkie's actions seem to be completely unjustified. Regardless if he does good work or not, with the prices he's charging I'd expect no less than speedy, AAA service. He either needs to step back and re-evaluate things, or take responsibility and make good on his transactions in a timely manner.

#556 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 33,163 posts
  • Rogue Bastard

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 AM

Has anyone had communication / promises / refunds etc. from him?

#557 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Dragonstomper

• 525 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:04 AM

Hey - I've had nothing but GREAT results from Todd...

+ side - always great work - fast response - and delivery

- side - if he's having problems then he should post here (doesn't have to be graphic - just let those who need to know)  - to let individuals know...

Hope this works out for those involved.

Jeff

#558 Jaymiester OFFLINE  

Jaymiester

Moonsweeper

• 472 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 AM

I think he's been possessed by Swampfox56, It's the only logical explanation.

#559 meditari OFFLINE  

meditari

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:34 PM

Just thought I would give an update:

So I contacted Yurkie after seeing all these posts and really pressed him to return the NES and the items I sent him. He responded fairly quickly, at which point I told him I would have to file a claim if I did not receive my NES by the end of January. He sent it back relatively quickly, within about 10 days, and everything does work again. So he did follow through, but possibly only after seeing this forum thread

I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase any items from him until he's able to respond to some of these issues and assure that he can deliver in a timely manner. I know shit happens but its obvious this has been going on to a number of people. If he can't deliver then he shouldn't offer his services until he's able to sort out his personal issues

Guy does great work but 6 month turn around time is a bit excessive

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colecovision, coleco, console, controllers, mods

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users