IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

ColecoVision and Roller Controller sold. I have a Steering Wheel module that needs testing that I may add and another modded ColecoVision system. Let me know if your interested in either.

Post# 1 is up to date

Yurkie seen your work and once I get some extra cash I will definitely be getting one of your modded systems. I still have my original from when I was a kid and wanna keep it stock. But Brian just raves about your mods and what a improvement it is. Might be heading out to the Cleveland show in June and meeting up with Brian and 181. Hoping to have enough by then to pick one up from ya then.

Yurkie seen your work and once I get some extra cash I will definitely be getting one of your modded systems. I still have my original from when I was a kid and wanna keep it stock. But Brian just raves about your mods and what a improvement it is. Might be heading out to the Cleveland show in June and meeting up with Brian and 181. Hoping to have enough by then to pick one up from ya then.

I just got a system from him and I agree his work is excellant. Well worth picking one up :)

• Like 1

I just got a system from him and I agree his work is excellant. Well worth picking one up :)

You trying to corrupt me even more Crystal? lol

I am confused, it looks like at the top of your thread you are saying you perform mods on colecovision systems for $129 for all mods, yet a working colecovision system in the wild will cost someone about $40-$50 on a good day.

You are selling fully modded systems for $129, why don't you bring the cost of your modding down by about $50-$60 ?? when I got mine done by someone here on AA, it was only a little more than the cost of parts, your modding prices are very high but your sale prices on modded systems is very reasonable.

well actually hes selling fully modded systems for 179 not 129. and when you got yours done did you get a pause button added and skip bios along with ball knobs and a straightened cord for each controller and the power switch redone? and im thinking you have all 3 av jacks on the back of your system, which alot of people dont like all those chunky jacks sticking out on the back. but you cant expect people to do stuff for free. when someone works at a job you expect to be paid for your work.

I was looking at post #2 where it says you sold a system for $129 and then another further down on page one of this thread. anyway, I am sure you do not think I was implying that you should not be paid for your work, you do not have to take offense as I did not mean any. I was looking at the first page of posts saying systems sold for $129 and noticed the discrepancy between mod charges and full system charges. so you're saying now that you sold all the full systems for $179 then fine,. I would not pay that much it seems to be a bit overpriced in my opinion is all I am saying. others obviously do not agree if they are actively paying upwards of $200 for fully modded colecovisions.

the market speaks for itself...

I got a refurbed system from Yurkie but I didn't get the AV mod, pause button or bios skip so it wasn't as much BUT I'd rather get a refurbed system from Yurkie than spend $20 or $30 here or there on a local or ebay untested system (+ shipping). CV's in the wild are a crap shoot so I think his prices for a system that is as much like new as you can get is more than fair.

In fact when you look at the success he's had, the popularity of his work, and the amount of people either buying CV's or sending him systems to mod, I'd say that the market does indeed speak for itself.

Can't say enough good things about my "fully modded" system from Yurkie.

The BIOS skip is great, the pause button is super-handy, and the cord-straightening for the controllers solved a problem that has LONG vexed me!

Oh, and the custom machined "knobs" to replace the un-ergonomic ColecoVision controllers are sheer genius!

Well worth the money, and I would have paid more given the quality of the work. It is a BARGAIN at this price!

A+++

-a2a

I was looking at post #2 where it says you sold a system for $129 and then another further down on page one of this thread.

If you look a little more closely, POST #1 is always in a state of flux and contains all the latest items and services that Yurkie has available at the present time. The original post date/thread start is Nov. 2010, but there are notices that the message has been edited at the very top and very bottom of the post. After Post #1, you have to skip to the thread end for the most current post.

I was looking at post #2 where it says you sold a system for $129 and then another further down on page one of this thread. anyway, I am sure you do not think I was implying that you should not be paid for your work, you do not have to take offense as I did not mean any. I was looking at the first page of posts saying systems sold for $129 and noticed the discrepancy between mod charges and full system charges. so you're saying now that you sold all the full systems for $179 then fine,. I would not pay that much it seems to be a bit overpriced in my opinion is all I am saying. others obviously do not agree if they are actively paying upwards of $200 for fully modded colecovisions.

the market speaks for itself...

The system in post # 2 is A/V modded with controller mods only it doesn't have a Pause Button ($35) or Intro Skip BIOS ($15) I also raised the price $10 on systems I sell because acquiring hardware is a gamble. And I now only sell hardware with all the mods.

I charge $129 for the works if a person sends a system in. And I add $50 extra for the hardware when I sell a system. I think $50 for nice condition hardware is a great deal, plus your saving between $10 and $20 of that $50 not having to ship the hardware to me.

If you where to look at some of the old threads elsewhere on AtariAge I originally sold the A/V modded systems without the pause or BIOS for $199 when I first started offering them. If not for the fact that I charge very minimal for my professional quality work these would easily go for $299 +