IGNORED

A rare Apple1 system to go under the hammer

Link only

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/2/20101112/-apple-i-goes-on-auction-at-christie-bf205d4.html

Looks an interesting system, wonder if it came with the wooden casing i have seen some with

It might sell for more the fact it comes with a letter signed by Steven Jobs (as well as his parent's home address for sending back correspondence)

Anyone want to put a bid in

wonder if it came with the wooden casing i have seen some with

It's my understanding that none of them came with the wooden cases...

They were sold as board only...

..Oh, unless you're just wondering if if comes with a wooden case that the original owner might have provided, in which case..

Not sure.. .. ;-)

desiv

Edited by desiv

I think you mean "gavel".

I suppose it could be "hammer."

Imaging you have one of the 20 (I made that number up) left on the planet. Yours, being that you were an original owner is also worth about $150k. But you'd want an investment..

So, you spend $150K and buy the other one.

And then HAMMER IT TO DEATH!

Now, there are only 19 left, so yours must be worth more. Say $180K now. You just make $30K with a HAMMER.

;-)

OK, none of that math is probably right, but I was working late and then again early, so too bad.. ;-)

desiv

Is there any software you can run on the Apple I? That's a question that's never been answered for me...

Absolutely!

http://www.applefritter.com/taxonomy/term/229,135

Also, this guy was at one point engaged in archiving everything he could find of the Apple 1's original library. The page he had the software on appears to be down, though.

Edited by Streck

Is there any software you can run on the Apple I? That's a question that's never been answered for me...

Absolutely!

http://www.applefritter.com/taxonomy/term/229,135

Also, this guy was at one point engaged in archiving everything he could find of the Apple 1's original library. The page he had the software on appears to be down, though.

With only 200 units ever made, I wouldn't imagine writing software for it would have been very profitable.