IGNORED

Which one do I buy?

~llama

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Intellivision system should a new Intellivision enthusiast buy?

• Original Master Component
    • Intellivision II
    • INTV III

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is a hard one.I love the INTV 2 for its small size, removable controllers and external power supply for obvious reasons.But the INTV has compatibility issues and some say worse controllers.I say get the original if you had to choose 1, it's always a plus to have the original for anything really.But best to have both the INTV 1&2, that's the ideal option! :thumbsup: If you do get an INTV 2, MAKE SURE you get the power supply with it.That power supply was impossible for me to find in local stores or in the wild.I bought my INTV 2 supply from 4jays for a great price.

Edited by Rik

How RF interference should the audio be causing? Any time there's a sound generated (it's especially noticeable on Astrosmash with its background pulse noise) the picture gets a little wonky. This is on the just-arrived, new-to-me INTV System III.

Other than that little annoyance (it's really not so bad), wow. First impressions: the controllers feel flimsier than I thought, especially the keypad buttons. The disc is really intuitive, though; I love the fact that it rotates. I always heard the discs were the worst part, but I kinda like 'em.

...now I really want an original Intellivision Master Component. And a Super Video Arcade. :lust:

As for the games, I'd played them all in emulation so I'd have a rough idea of how they were, but Demon Attack caught me off guard. Addictive! Haven't figured out Safecracker yet, but it seems interesting. I just played the thing for two hours. Color me impressed! Should've gotten an Intellivision a long time ago. :thumbsup:

Edited by ~llama