Photo

Dual joystick holder for Robotron 2084

28 replies to this topic

#1 urborg OFFLINE  

urborg

Chopper Commander

• 149 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:01 AM

I heard that special dual joystick holder were being produced and sold for games like Robotron 2084. I wonder how it look like. Does anyone have such a device and can show a photos of it?

#2 mimo OFFLINE  

mimo

Preppie!

• 6,776 posts
  • It's easy living in a bubble

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 AM

I have one, but can't take a photo at the moment.
Not sure if it was actually released for the 7800,as it takes cx-40 sticks, but it came as a pack in with the Atari 8bit release of Robotron.
I bought mine a couple of years ago from B+C and I believe they still have it in stock

#3 mimo OFFLINE  

mimo

Preppie!

• 6,776 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:17 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImageHere are some photos for you

Posted Image

#4 mimo OFFLINE  

mimo

Preppie!

• 6,776 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:20 AM

just checked, B+C still have it listed for $19.99 bargain :D
http://www.myatari.com/atarixlc.txt

#5 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 7,981 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:37 AM

I'm waiting on the Playstation controller interface. Tried it out at CGE and it's most excellent for Robotron 2084.

#6 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:47 AM

I'm waiting on the Playstation controller interface. Tried it out at CGE and it's most excellent for Robotron 2084.

As soon as I get some free time I'll be back on it ;).

#7 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 7,981 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 AM

No hurry, I know how the free time goes - busy on a project myself.

#8 PingvinBlueJeans OFFLINE  

PingvinBlueJeans

River Patroller

• 4,290 posts
  • Eat It

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 AM

just checked, B+C still have it listed for $19.99 bargain :D
http://www.myatari.com/atarixlc.txt

That's where I got mine. I was expecting hard plastic and was pretty disappointed at how cheaply constructed it is. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

#9 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 AM

No hurry, I know how the free time goes - busy on a project myself.

I have too many projects on my work in progress list :(. Plus some new ones crying for attention :ponder:.

#10 tremoloman2006 OFFLINE  

tremoloman2006

Stargunner

• 1,628 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 AM

Man what an awesome idea! I can't wait until this reaches fruition! I'll definitely snag at least one!

#11 urborg OFFLINE  

urborg

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 149 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:56 PM

I have too many projects on my work in progress list :(. Plus some new ones crying for attention :ponder:.

Its a pity :(, as there is still no PAL version of Robotron 2084 :(

#12 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

7800 Developer

• 7,612 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 PM

Its on my list of things to do. It was mentioned in the original CGE release information here :-

http://www.atariage....n.html#joystick

#13 lucifershalo OFFLINE  

lucifershalo

River Patroller

• 2,615 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:01 PM

still hope that this project will happen
as i keep spreading the word in France about a pal release

#14 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,072 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 PM

I know that nobody asked, but I find that playing Robotron with a sega gamepad in my left hand and the megadrive/genesis arcade stick in my right hand makes it really playable. I plan on building a dual-joystick controller for Virtual On on the Xbox 360 and maybe I'll make it atari-compatible now that I own one.

#15 Curt Vendel OFFLINE  

Curt Vendel

River Patroller

• 4,436 posts

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:56 PM

Actually there is a special version that was designed for the 7800 Prolines and I think somebody just might have the original mechanical drawings for it and who knows what may come out sometime in the spring for the 7800, of course a certain author I know has to finish a certain dual-joystick game he had started and showed me a very early alpha of, and maybe a package release could be done... 2011 is going to be one heck of a year for 7800 fans, lots more to come as time permits...

Curt

I heard that special dual joystick holder were being produced and sold for games like Robotron 2084. I wonder how it look like. Does anyone have such a device and can show a photos of it?

#16 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 2,382 posts

Posted Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:24 AM

Curt, what a tease! I guess we'll have to wait until spring to find out what the game AND the special holder are! :lol:

#17 Lord Helmet OFFLINE  

Lord Helmet

AtariAge Anomaly

• 9,867 posts

Posted Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:05 AM

If you happen to own a Wii you can hack the thing in 5 minutes and be playing Robotron via Wii7800 with a classic controller (which has 2 sticks). Great way to play this game. Especially if you don't have a coupler.

#18 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,072 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:43 AM

Man, I'll have to try that... I've got the emu set up but didn't consider configuring it that way. Neato.

#19 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 7,785 posts

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:38 PM

That's where I got mine. I was expecting hard plastic and was pretty disappointed at how cheaply constructed it is. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

I think considering how it was marketed in its box (as a freebie or damn near it), it's pretty well made. It's certainly sturdy enough so that you can play the game comfortably, but light/streamlined enough as not to introduce hardly any extra weight and bulk. I really like it the way it is.

Edited by save2600, Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 PM.

#20 Metal Ghost OFFLINE  

Metal Ghost

Stargunner

• 1,253 posts

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:25 PM

Actually there is a special version that was designed for the 7800 Prolines and I think somebody just might have the original mechanical drawings for it and who knows what may come out sometime in the spring for the 7800, of course a certain author I know has to finish a certain dual-joystick game he had started and showed me a very early alpha of, and maybe a package release could be done... 2011 is going to be one heck of a year for 7800 fans, lots more to come as time permits...

Curt

Any ideas on who might have the original specs/drawings on this? I'd be interested in finding out what it would take to produce.

#21 mimo OFFLINE  

mimo

Preppie!

• 6,776 posts

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 PM

errrr, that would be Curt ;)

#22 Metal Ghost OFFLINE  

Metal Ghost

Stargunner

• 1,253 posts

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 PM

Ahh, I now read the intonation in the reply that I had probably missed earlier. Well, it's good to see that this may have definite legs!

#23 Lynxpro ONLINE  

Lynxpro

Stargunner

• 1,027 posts

Posted Wed Feb 2, 2011 11:39 PM

If you happen to own a Wii you can hack the thing in 5 minutes and be playing Robotron via Wii7800 with a classic controller (which has 2 sticks). Great way to play this game. Especially if you don't have a coupler.

I'm really disappointed in the Wii. My friend hacked his and while it is decent playing 7800 games it seems to really suck at arcade ROMS via MAME.

The Wiimote is terrible when it comes to playing the old games. The buttons are too slow [I gave up on level 26 on Galaga because of it; I got up to level 52 when I was 12...I could've really used the High Score Cartridge back then!].

I'm trying to convince him to buy one of Nintendo's retro SNES controllers for the Wii.

I used to play Robotron on the 7800 in dual stick mode; I wish I would've had a joystick holder for it.

#24 Lord Helmet OFFLINE  

Lord Helmet

AtariAge Anomaly

• 9,867 posts

Posted Thu Feb 3, 2011 2:28 PM

I'm really disappointed in the Wii. My friend hacked his and while it is decent playing 7800 games it seems to really suck at arcade ROMS via MAME.

The latest build of SDL MAME is better, but yeah, the Wii isn't best for MAME. It excels at console emulation though.

#25 urborg OFFLINE  

urborg

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 149 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:47 AM

Its on my list of things to do. It was mentioned in the original CGE release information here :-

http://www.atariage....n.html#joystick

Hello. How the project is going? I'm still waiting for that device and PAL version of Robotron.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users