IGNORED

AtariProtos.com Update

Tempest

After a bit of a delay I have updated AtariProtos.com with two new reviews: Mark of the Mole and Good Luck Charlie Brown. Check them out: http://www.atariprotos.com/

Tempest

Well, not to point out the obvious but the "upDATE" to the Charlie Brown page is more of an upGRADE.

Suddenly, the screenshots used are of emulation quality. So this would tell me that the game is at the very least now, safe, even if it remains unavailable to everyone. I guess that's good news.

After a bit of a delay I have updated AtariProtos.com with two new reviews: Mark of the Mole and Good Luck Charlie Brown. Check them out: http://www.atariprotos.com/

Tempest

Well, not to point out the obvious but the "upDATE" to the Charlie Brown page is more of an upGRADE.

Suddenly, the screenshots used are of emulation quality. So this would tell me that the game is at the very least now, safe, even if it remains unavailable to everyone. I guess that's good news.

Rest assured: the game has been safe for a very long time.

Great work, Tempest.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

A couple of versions Tempest didn't mention in his review, dated (allegedly) 11-83 and 12-83, have been available online for a while now, so I had assumed that those two at least are well-preserved. If Tempest didn't know about them, I wonder where they came from? I hope they're not hoaxes.

A couple of versions Tempest didn't mention in his review, dated (allegedly) 11-83 and 12-83, have been available online for a while now, so I had assumed that those two at least are well-preserved. If Tempest didn't know about them, I wonder where they came from? I hope they're not hoaxes.

Those are news to me. Where can I grab these from?

Tempest

Great to see these reviews up!

I have some more info about Mark of the Mole, but unfortunately I can not log into my account at the moment (which is where all my files are). I do remember a couple things of the top of my head though:

* The 'pile of rocks' on the right side was to be the Chub city

* Greg decided to do a game based on The Residents because he would listen to Mark of the Mole while programming Snow White. Being a musician himself at the time, he some how personally met the Residents and became their friend. I do believe they collaborated some how.

* Greg also mentioned Chubs running around, and if you hit into one, you would loose all your notes.

Greg also told me that there were in fact several other Mark of the Mole cartridges at one point. Hopefully we will find a more complete version some day, seems like a really cool game.

Are you talking about the ones in the GLCB thread posted by CPUWIZ? They aren't real ;)

Are you talking about the ones in the GLCB thread posted by CPUWIZ? They aren't real ;)

Well, that's what I get for downloading 8000+ binaries without playing them all... I see there's another one posted by Omegamatrix too. Got them all properly retitled now. Any other hoaxes I need to retitle in my collection (besides Mr. Jentsch's Turbo job)?

Edited by A.J. Franzman

:rolling:

The Residents are just plain weird with no other reason than to be, well... just plain weird. Incredibly goofy that anyone would think of designing a game around them or a song of theirs IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like *some* kinds of weird or strange, just not The Residents brand. lmao

That Charlie Brown game sure looks promising though! Cute theme that would have fit well with the other kiddie games.

Edited by save2600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w&feature=related

Is there a possibility of the rom being dumped ?? :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Don't count on it. Our "top men" have had Turbo for years, but we still have yet to see a dump.

Support AtariAge.

Buy the repro.

Support the people who don't want to pay $45 for a barely touched up prototype that even the rave reviewers say is dissapointingly unimproved.

Dump the ROM.

I think someone is confused by what it means to "dump" a ROM image. Apparently he's not alone in thinking that "dump" equals "release to the public at no cost".

Previous AA encounters with owners of rare/unique prototypes have revealed similar thinking on their parts, which ultimately apparently led to their shying away from the contact. In this context in the future, we need to be clear about exactly what "dump" means (and what it doesn't necessarily mean) as soon as the subject is brought up.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Support the people who don't want to pay $45 for a barely touched up prototype that even the rave reviewers say is dissapointingly unimproved.

"Disappointingly unimproved"? You're kidding, right?

In any event, why do you need to play the game if it's so disappointing? :? :roll:

Dump the ROM.

The ROM is dumped. Now go back to the clubhouse, kiddies.