IGNORED

Someone sure wants to have fun

... and wants to learn something too! :P

Actually I was quite surprised to see an auction (just ended) for a River Raid box (just the box) that sold for $26... Granted, RR is relatively rare and I'd need that box too (I just have the loose cartridge) but I didn't bid more than .99 for it (ok, I'm a bit of a cheapskate at times... :roll: ). Do you think such prices are deserved when the full game in good condition should probably fetch around $40? Or am I missing something?

In any case, it's good to see such a lively Inty collecting scene!

Edited by roberto

After this auction we may see a flood of boxed Learning Fun hit ebay. Which would be good since i still need Learning fun II. :cool:

I tougth that your only box needed was Spiker And the World series variation..

Recently Learning fun (I or II) had reached over 100$ loose and no hope to get lower than that.. (On ebay)

Sometimes the Intv Auctions had very extrange behavior, sometimes rare games end too low, some other ends very high.

Last time i see tutankham was on Ebay Uk and ended in less than 50 gbp, and international ship was affordable, but that is a game that is rarely seen on Ebay, so is very rare to compare.

other games only show up as overpriced BIN, and no auctions..

Last time i see tutankham was on Ebay Uk and ended in less than 50 gbp, and international ship was affordable, but that is a game that is rarely seen on Ebay, so is very rare to compare.

yeah, but if i remember correctly, those are PAL game :(

There´s no difference with Pal/Ntsc on intellivision, and Tutankahm was only released on Europe. Max, Didn´t have you a sealed one in your collection already?

If you going to sells yours in US soil, and also sealed, you´ll get a lot of money for sure, a lot of people don´t want to buy overseas.

Many sellers buy the sealed stuff from Venezuela, to resell on Ebay, and people pay at least twice the price just for being in the US.

to be honest....I think that around 500$ is just a little bit high but the condition of the box look amazing !!!!

so at the end, i guess that it's a good deal for the seller and for the buyer.

Interestingly, Sean claims he sold another one like this in Sep 08 for $1200. I don't know how I missed it, but given the condition of this one I couldn't pass it up.

I'm starting to feel like my mint Stadium Mud Buggies purchase earlier this year was a bargain. icon_smile.gif

I think we're seeing in the INTV what we're seeing in the other systems as well. Loose copies of some of the rarer games can sometimes be had for much lower than "usual" as well as non-mint CIB, but the collectors grade stuff is really commanding a premium again. Doesn't bode well for that eventual CIB Spiker's auction....well maybe for the seller it does. icon_smile.gif

to be honest....I think that around 500$ is just a little bit high but the condition of the box look amazing !!!!

so at the end, i guess that it's a good deal for the seller and for the buyer.

Interestingly, Sean claims he sold another one like this in Sep 08 for $1200. I don't know how I missed it, but given the condition of this one I couldn't pass it up.

I'm starting to feel like my mint Stadium Mud Buggies purchase earlier this year was a bargain. icon_smile.gif

I think we're seeing in the INTV what we're seeing in the other systems as well. Loose copies of some of the rarer games can sometimes be had for much lower than "usual" as well as non-mint CIB, but the collectors grade stuff is really commanding a premium again. Doesn't bode well for that eventual CIB Spiker's auction....well maybe for the seller it does. icon_smile.gif

I've had the same thoughts for a while now. If a loose cart can be called "rare", then how much rarer is the box and instruction manual that everyone throws away? It's going to be the completeness of a game that drives the prices so a lot of "rare" loose carts will fall in price (to a certain point) and the CIB/NIB carts will increase at a much faster pace than usual. Better stock up on those CIB/NIB games now while you still can.