IGNORED

Seaweed Assault

Random Terrain

None too shabby there RT! I will send you the bill for my carpel tunnel syndrome therapy. :D Its a hard game to put down. You have lived up to your philosophy of replayability. Nice work!

Thanks. Please let me know if you find the Easter egg (without saying how you found it or what happened). ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to try this on their Cuttle Cart II set the bankswitching scheme to F4SC. If you use plain F4 the playfield will start out full of seaweed like in the Game Over screen. Not a good way to start the game!

BTW, congrats on finishing the game, RT! I am enjoying it and would definitely pick one up as a cart. You've put a lot of thought into it and I appreciate that level of detail. :thumbsup:

EDIT: My first high score: 1902

post-3314-0-13972200-1321023635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Emehr
  • Like 2

If anyone wants to try this on their Cuttle Cart II set the bankswitching scheme to F4SC. If you use plain F4 the playfield will start out full of seaweed like in the Game Over screen. Not a good way to start the game!

BTW, congrats on finishing the game, RT! I am enjoying it and would definitely pick one up as a cart. You've put a lot of thought into it and I appreciate that level of detail. :thumbsup:

EDIT: My first high score: 1902

post-3314-0-13972200-1321023635_thumb.jpg

Thanks. After Albert gets back to me, I'll know more about what I need to do to get some carts made.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I played it on Harmony Cart on Pal, despite the wrong palette of color, the game is fun and very addictive to play. A bit difficult with the controller but still very challenging. If it's affordable, I will buy a cart too.

Nice feel! This would have been a big title back in the day. Congrats!

Thanks. I guess it's not too bad for being a D- game.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice game! Thanks for posting.

I used Stella to run it. The mouse control is a little iffy. Any DIY ideas on how to use a regular Atari joystick through the USB port so Stella can recognize it?

Not a DIY solution, but I believe this would work just fine:

http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=85&zenid=mob1bp0uddda16m1mmsdv6b3i6

I haven't tried it myself, as I run all my 2600 stuff through a harmony cart. Someone here would easily be able to clarify if this would work though. Also, you could always just PM Curt Vendel. He is the member who produces these. :thumbsup:

Very nice game! Thanks for posting.

I used Stella to run it. The mouse control is a little iffy. Any DIY ideas on how to use a regular Atari joystick through the USB port so Stella can recognize it?

I use this adapter:

http://home.comcast....2600-daptor.htm

It supports joystick, driving and paddle controllers.

The mouse control is a little iffy.

When using Stella, I use the arrow keys on the keyboard (when I can't get to my USB controller). I turned off that mouse crap because it was more of an irritation than a help when not playing paddle games. Here's how to do it:

Run Stella, press Tab button on keyboard, click Input Settings button, click Devices and Ports tab, uncheck Grab Mouse in Emulation Mode (you may also need to uncheck Use Mouse as a Controller), then click the OK button.

• 3 months later...

Nice one...

One of my fav 2600 underwater games now!

Thanks.

Seaweed Assault is one game you do NOT wanna use the mouse or keyboard for. Unfortunately, I think Stella defaults to enable mouse control.

I can play using the keyboard. There's no way I can play using the mouse, so I disabled it in Stella.

• 1 month later...

Very nice game, now i need a joystick with my gamepad its very challenging :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm going to buy a wireless Xbox 360 controller for my PC when I get the extra money. My precious USB controller stopped working when I got Windows 7.

• 1 month later...