IGNORED

Incredible new proto found: Hotdog (platformer)

Willard

concerning requests for a pre-order, we do not think it is a very good idea to take unpaid pre-orders as that caused a lot of confusion and additional work with poker.

Paid pre-orders can cause alot of problems too, so we are probably just going announce a paypal address when we are close enough and ship as we receive payment.

Our initial batch is about 75, if we reach that number and there is still demand, we will decide whether to keep using PLCC chips with the blue boards or just to make them as needed like we did with poker (this depends on the amount of residual demand).

@Eric, I did not really find a very good screen capture software, the best desktop capture software that I could find on short notice that also captured sound was Gilisoft (has a 14day full-functional trial), that I used in conjunction with an emulator.

Edited by Willard

Now this is exciting!

Now way Ican pass on this one! Looking and sounding great imo!

I only wish the game would be completed now seeing how only another month was estimated. But I guess you are lacking the tools to just quickly build the missing levels and put in all-new bosses?

BTW, what does "Distributed under exclusive worldwide license by Beta Phase Games LLC" mean? Is that a real company? And how are they involved? They were not the original developers I understand?

thanks for the comments :)

we asked the programmers and none of them still have any development materials, so finishing this game would require completely reprogramming it. Although all the art resources are complete aside from the bosses I think if someone were intersted in reprogramming it, a port to another system would be more worthwhile considering the Lynx version is fairly well rounded and fully playble.

Beta Phase Games is an active LLC (limited liablity company), so it is real. The license part means we have a signed contract that allows us exclusive rights to the game(modification, completion, promotion, distribution, development .etc).

Edited by Willard

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll be sure to get a copy, seems like Lynxman will do a combined order for Germany. This one really is a sensation!

Being a free editor for a German gaming mag I will even put a short news-bit in the next issue. It's not much, but at least some of the 50 000 readers may be interested and want a copy as well!

You probably won't tell me details, but do these Atari-computers you aquired still hold more fascinating Lynx-stuff? More reasons to hold our breath? :D

Being a free editor for a German gaming mag I will even put a short news-bit in the next issue. It's not much, but at least some of the 50 000 readers may be interested and want a copy as well!

that would be nice to see :)

You probably won't tell me details, but do these Atari-computers you aquired still hold more fascinating Lynx-stuff? More reasons to hold our breath :D

Yes :D

Not anything as big as hotdog, but we do have a few more nice things- one of which will be released at the same time as hot dog :)

Edited by Willard

You probably won't tell me details, but do these Atari-computers you aquired still hold more fascinating Lynx-stuff? More reasons to hold our breath :D

Yes :D

Not anything as big as hotdog, but we do have a few more nice things- one of which will be released at the same time as hot dog :)

That is great news!

That video is awesome. There are a lot of cool little things in the game. I like the entire concept of it! :) I love the little cannons that you jump in and then roll around in.

As for the video capturing you are using... what is it?! I'd like to make some vids of my EOTB. I've been wanting to do that for a while now LOL

Easy way: Use an emulator like mednafen

I'm not into platformers, but this does look pretty good.

Will the ROM be released once the carts are sold?

We will be making this game permanantly available, so the carts will never really be 'sold out.'

If you mean after the first batch, similar to Songbird and many others, we will not be releasing this ROM for free download. We have many reasons for this, one being that one of the authors specifically requested this not be released to the public domain. Another is that we do not want to see other people selling repo copies considering we will continue to make them available .etc

Edited by Willard

I'm not into platformers, but this does look pretty good.

Will the ROM be released once the carts are sold?

We will be making this game permanantly available, so the carts will never really be 'sold out.'

If you mean after the first batch, similar to Songbird and many others, we will not be releasing this ROM for free download. We have many reasons for this, one being that one of the authors specifically requested this not be released to the public domain. Another is that we do not want to see other people selling repo copies considering we will continue to make them available .etc

That sounds fair to me...

I can't wait to get a copy of this game!

Edited by EricDeLee

Great news, that this game will be permanently available!

I guess it is worth it.