IGNORED

HSC Season 8 Games List

So you never got to play that favourite 8-bit Atari game or always wondered how your score would compare with the Atari world's gaming greats (!) or never saw any game you wanted to play in the HSC votes... well now's your chance to suggest the games for next season :)

Games, bonus rounds, doubles rounds, ideas, comments on scoring, format (currently 1 game every 2 weeks), petition to bring back JellE and poobah, you name it we want to hear it... post away folks :)

To get things started here's my first list (links optional):

Classic Games

Pooyan *

Millipede

Qix

Games Never Played in HSC *

Scooter

The Extirpator

Fire Fleet

River Rat

Ninja Master

Whirlinurd (combine scores from levels A-E.)

Newer? Games

Tube Baddies

CTetris 4e

:)

Some ideas - I currently drop the lowest (and winning game) vote from the poll, but could have each person suggest the full vote list for each round - that way you can always have one of your's selected :ponder:

And don't forget:

Oilswell

Mr. Dig

Bug Off (hehe this one is definately a joystick killer, and lots of fun too!)

Searching for a game that will definately frustrate anyone ;-)?

Thrust

Greetz

M.

Nice list M. Bug Off was one of the early games I remember playing, with no autofire it's a real physical test! I think there was a joystick version of Thrust too. Keep the ideas coming folks :thumbsup:

River Raid

Bank Bang (very cool game!)

Elektra Glide (another HARD one, but definately a cool game to get better in, and provide high scores!)

Midnight Magic (the cartridge version is the best playable)

Drelbs (nostalgia!!!!)

Mouse Trap

Drop It

and last but not least:

Simple Minds

atari artist

Is this a game? Or do you want to let us make the nicest picture :D

I'm not an art critic :D

sloopy was trying to stack the vote so we played crossfire or maybe he is good at drawing... idea for bonus round :ponder:

we could all make a pic, and the display them... each person get 3 votes, for the ones they like best (cant vote for your own), and count up the votes!

then maybe some would have a chance of kicking some arse of that guy who dominates the scoring so much...

sloopy.

atari artist

Is this a game? Or do you want to let us make the nicest picture :D

I'm not an art critic :D

sloopy was trying to stack the vote so we played crossfire or maybe he is good at drawing... idea for bonus round :ponder:

we could all make a pic, and the display them... each person get 3 votes, for the ones they like best (cant vote for your own), and count up the votes!

then maybe some would have a chance of kicking some arse of that guy who dominates the scoring so much...

sloopy.

I knew he'd find my other weakness along with Mountain King (don't ask Gwobby or Mopchop about some of my early 8-bit pictures) ;) Think I'm more worried about atariksi for next season, he's been on a roll recently. Would like to see Fandal and poobah in for a full term too but I know they're busy :P

Another few for the list

Aquatron

Serpentine

Panther

SuperWurm

Water Ski School II

Galactic Chase

Desmonds Dungeon

Genesis

NYC

Bat n Ballers:

Ataroid

Arkanoid II (Rambit?)

Technoid

Super Breakout

Sqoid II

:D

also an idea for a bonus round, take 5 of the most horrible games you can find, you know they kind... not games that are trash, but games that are full on Garbaggio (rhymes with arpeggio)... one where you stop playing and you havnt even used all your men...

sloopy.

• 2 weeks later...

:cool: Nice to see you back Deteacher. If you or anyone else want to jump into a car, pole position has a couple of teams needing a driver ;)

Keep the suggestions for next season coming folks :thumbsup: Hey atariksi if you put in a few of your favourites it might even things out a bit too ;)

Add to my list Sea Dragon, Juno First, Blaster and what about Warhawk (though playing it will break my joystick (or arm) - does that work on NTSC too :?:

p.s. Is that sleigh bells I hear :ponder:

About Qix (startpost TRBB)

This game is EXTREMELY COOL but.....

It is not so fun in Emulator. The stix is making a lot harder moves on real hardware. Compared to emulator... it looks different, feels different, and is definately easier on emulator.

So that will get us another emulator vs real hardware issue.

I really LOVE qix... perhaps a real hardware only competition on that one?

Greetz

M.

About Qix (startpost TRBB)

This game is EXTREMELY COOL but.....

It is not so fun in Emulator. The stix is making a lot harder moves on real hardware. Compared to emulator... it looks different, feels different, and is definately easier on emulator.

So that will get us another emulator vs real hardware issue.

I really LOVE qix... perhaps a real hardware only competition on that one?

Greetz

M.

Last time we played QIX I did ok using real hardware so don't think this is a problem, there's not that many of us in total so better we can all play wherever possible! Hope to attract additional new atari and non atari players in future :)

Add to my list Conan Hall of Volta (never did beat that), Fire Chief, Diamonds, Dan Strikes Back, Bellum :cool:

:cool: Nice to see you back Deteacher. If you or anyone else want to jump into a car, pole position has a couple of teams needing a driver ;)

Keep the suggestions for next season coming folks :thumbsup: Hey atariksi if you put in a few of your favourites it might even things out a bit too ;)

Yeah, we need some real classics here to even things out-- Ms. Pac-man, Hero, Miner 2049er (or BBSB), Frogger, Joust, and Centipede.