IGNORED

HSC Season 8 Games List

About Qix (startpost TRBB)

This game is EXTREMELY COOL but.....

It is not so fun in Emulator. The stix is making a lot harder moves on real hardware. Compared to emulator... it looks different, feels different, and is definately easier on emulator.

So that will get us another emulator vs real hardware issue.

I really LOVE qix... perhaps a real hardware only competition on that one?

Greetz

M.

Last time we played QIX I did ok using real hardware so don't think this is a problem, there's not that many of us in total so better we can all play wherever possible! Hope to attract additional new atarti and non atari players in future :)

Add to my list Conan Hall of Volta (never did beat that), Fire Chief, Diamonds, Dan Strikes Back, Bellum :cool:

There are two versions of Qix floating around-- the one with graphics 0 (high-res) scoreboard is the better one (harder one).

It's always hard to pick, and I know a few of these have already been mentioned and/or played recently, but a few titles come to my mind:

Kik-Start

Dig Dug (1983)

Brundles

Lord of the Orb

Tube Baddies

Scooter

Flip and Flop

Keystone Kapers

Pooyan

Q*Bert

Miner and/or BBSB

BC's Quest For Tires

Jungle Hunt

Spelunker

Oh, and The Goonies.

Maybe even Conan and Zorro.

Kik-Start might be another good one for teams (*hears groans*) since there are several different tracks, and you can only race three per turn (or something like that).

-John

Oh, and The Goonies.

Maybe even Conan and Zorro.

Kik-Start might be another good one for teams (*hears groans*) since there are several different tracks, and you can only race three per turn (or something like that).

-John

First there was Fres, then Cleveland, now we have Peter Griffin and who's this John guy?! Try and stay in character :D

Yes had my eye on a couple of team events for next season Kikstart, Pitstop II and Trailblazer are possibles... even Ballblazer if Mr Amiga pony's up and plays next season ;)

If I didn't add them already Bug Attack, Transmuter :)

Welcome twh/f2 :thumbsup: Nice games, not played Bio Defense or Excelsor before.

yo yo.. One thing I had on my list for 2011 was to join the HSC :) .. I also try to convince a friend of mine. not exactly an atari guy.. but a friend of retro gaming and retro party :)

Bio Defense is very nice Pacman-type game within a medical theme.

grtx,

\twh!

Welcome twh/f2 :thumbsup: Nice games, not played Bio Defense or Excelsor before.

yo yo.. One thing I had on my list for 2011 was to join the HSC :) .. I also try to convince a friend of mine. not exactly an atari guy.. but a friend of retro gaming and retro party :)

Bio Defense is very nice Pacman-type game within a medical theme.

grtx,

\twh!

Medical theme like eating aspirins instead of dots?

A few (okay, twenty) suggestions:

Berzerk, Atlantis, Deluxe Invaders, K-Razy Antics, Aquatron, Genesis, Jungle Hunt, Pinhead, Crazy Clown Jumper, Pooyan, Quasimodo, River Rat, The Lone Raider, Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., Oil's Well, Shamus, Chicken, Matterhorn, Pacific Coast Highway.

Edited by littleman jack

• 2 weeks later...

A few more!

earth 2500 (shooter not played much but looks good & tough!)

Sodoku Sweep - nice

Atomit II - excellent puzzle game, if you liked fandal's Diamondz then this one is for you.

[edit] Bilbo, Bandits

p.s. AHA you've not posted a score for Ms.P yet ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CROSSFIRE!!

Failing that, Sea Dragon, Shamus, Abracadabra, Lord of the Orb, B.C.'s Quest For Tires for some old school games....

How about Bomb Jake for something more recent?

now that sounds like a good idea!

bob, Crossfire? ever heard of it?

sloopy.

my brother was helping me work on my car yesterday, and since he lives 80 miles away he came over the night before, and we were playing a few games on the A8 (kaboom: 540 to 3200, i wasnt trying ;'). but we were randomly trying games and came across:

http://gury.atari8.info/details_games/861.htm

very nice game...

sloopy.

• 2 months later...

I have the following:

Defender, Pengo, Centipede, Galaxian, Pacman, Joust, Missile Command, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Dig Dug, QIX, Stargate, Berzerk, Ms Pacman, Donkey Kong Jr., Computer Chess, Donkey Kong, Caverns of Mars, Basketball, Castle Crisis, Robotron 2084, Pole Position, Millipede, Moon Patrol, Jungle Hunt, Battlezone, David's Midnight Magic, Thunderfox, Crossbow, The Dreadnaught Factor, Pitfall, Pitfall 2, Megamania, River Raid, Kaboom, Deluxe Invaders, Wizard of Wor, Star Wars Arcade Game, Gyruss, Frogger, Super Cobra, K-Razy Shootout, Platter Mania, Choplifter, Serpentine, Submarine Commander, Pitstop, Atlantis, Star Raiders, Eastern Front 1941, Lode Runner, Food Fight, Dark Chambers, Buck Rogers(Planet of Zoom).

• 3 weeks later...