IGNORED

ebay slap on my face.

a little bit offtopic but maybe someone here had a similar issue.

an other ebay slap :x

I have sold to someone in Brasil 4 tabletop (around 450$ value)

Shipping via airmail was very expensive 200$

Shipping via surface was 80$ and buyer accepted this and I told him that it will take more then 3 weeks...maybe even 10 weeks.

It come with a tracking number.

I have provided the tracking number to paypal and it goes directly in ebay (I guess that they are linked together)

A few days ago, I got from ebay an email saying that the buyer have opened 4 cases.

He want a full refund because he never got the box (4 tabletop). this was 28 days after the end of auction.

I have reply to that buyer a few time via ebay that it is out of my control and that ebay had the tracking number.

anyway, today, I got an email from ebay saying that the tracking number was invalid LOL and they gave the buyer a partial refund (for one tabletop) and they are still investigate the 3 other. Now ebay, is asking me the money LOL

I can't imagine that ebay is giving that buyer a refund after maybe 35 days from the end of auction..

So I will have to wait to see what will be the result from the 3 other.

I will also appeal that ebay decision. I will AGAIN give them the tracking number and also I will send a copy of the invoice and custom.

Hi,

Almost exactly the same happen to me with a German Collector/Reseller.

Those claims always go in favor of the buyer, without hesitation or consideration. There´s people who know that and use the system in their advantage. Shipping internationally is tricky. Dishonest people like that are very common, they can live a honest life, but in the second they find a way to screw someone without consequences, they will do.

The german guy promess me (with his hand in mein kampf, probably) that he will return me the money when the items arrives, but just in case, I know a German lawyer who can take some actions over here, He´ll need to sign for the packets and that´s a very convincing proof.

BTW, he filled a dispute y 1 minute later a claim, I don´t know why Paypal allow the people to do that.

I will gladly put his name in bad trader list but i will wait until he recieve the packets, just to know how he will do.

I have had similar things happen. Mainly out of the country (USA for me). I rarely sell out of the USA now because of this. I have been screwed too on shipping estimates being wrong. over 4 pounds to most places is going to be a minimum of like 40 to 50 bucks.

I recommend only selling to Canada or USA on really expensive items.

I think you have just been screwed out of your money with no hope of getting it back.

Never use surface mail when dealing with international buyers. Always use the fastest method available and make sure you put in your listing that you will not ship any other way. If the buyer doesn't want to pay it, he shouldn't bid on it.

Oh, and you should try to verify the tracking number for yourself. Don't take their word that it is invalid.

Edited by OldAtarian

I ship overseas all the time, but mostly on items not worth that much -- like books and games on Amazon that are $20 or under, so if something does happen, no biggie.

I never understood why EBay/PayPal doesn't EXTEND the period to file claims for stuff going overseas. It shouldn't be 30 days, it should be 90 days (three months) to allow time for the items to get over there.

Or just say that you will ship by Airmail only. Any other way is too slow.

FYI

the tracking number is valid

I have not send a refund to the buyer but ebay did it and NOW they want me to update my bank account LOL I don<t worry I will update it.

I will go online (canada post) and when the status will show DELIVER then I will contact ebay to tell them that this buyer was not honest.

The only thing that I could will be my ebay account....since I will not pay ebay, then they will probably close my account

This is a bad transaction out of maybe 20 outside of USA/CANADA

Edited by maximebeauvais

For best results in a case like this, make sure you dedicate enough time to sitting on hold until you get a live person from eBay on the phone to talk to. The "default setting" for them is to side with the buyer and your chances are much better if they hear your voice.

i defnitely recommend this as well ... most countries have a toll-free paypal number that u can call ... they're much more helpfull than ebay itself ... i also went through similar trouble a few times and they helped me out out trouble in every case. it is really better to call them, much easier to explain them the exact situation. before the call, note down all informations u might need while talking: when you have been in contact with the seller, what documents you have (and when u sent them to paypal/ebay), etc ...

also make sure all communication with buyers/sellers always goes through the ebay system so that they can track that as well

:thumbsup:

This is why many sellers will not ship overseas, even if it means losing out on higher prices received for their auctions. It’s just too easy to get ripped off, and ebay made it much worse when they did away with negative feedback for buyers so you can’t warn other sellers about bad buyers. Everybody hates ebay now, the only reason people still use it is because they are a monopoly and you don’t have any other choice. If someone else came along with a site that had ebay’s traffic and item selection, everybody would be gone from ebay in a second and they would be out of business.

• Like 1

yeah, i bought a bike for my daughter forgetting to check the guys feeback. i realised too late that several people already complained about the bikes he was selling. the description said there could be minor problems but since i'm a bike freak i thought i could fix "minor problems" ... it turned out that bike is a MAJOR piece of crap. cheapest low end china ware that was still boxed in the original chinese packaging. so the guy knew upfront that this is a piece of s***! it must be a production gone wrong as the chainwheels and the backwheel are not aligned and therefore the chain jumps off immediately ...

he offerend me to send a postage stamp to return the bike and refund me but now it's been 3 weeks of wait and i filed him on paypal. :x :x :x

this bike is so 'cheap' and literally dangerous for kids. i'm also thinking of reporting this guy somewhere else where he would get in trouble for selling such bikes ... they're quite dangerous in my eyes!

Edited by jahfish

yeah, i bought a bike for my daughter forgetting to check the guys feeback. i realised too late that several people already complained about the bikes he was selling. the description said there could be minor problems but since i'm a bike freak i thought i could fix "minor problems" ... it turned out that bike is a MAJOR piece of crap. cheapest low end china ware that was still boxed in the original chinese packaging. so the guy knew upfront that this is a piece of s***! it must be a production gone wrong as the chainwheels and the backwheel are not aligned and therefore the chain jumps off immediately ...

he offerend me to send a postage stamp to return the bike and refund me but now it's been 3 weeks of wait and i filed him on paypal. :x :x :x

this bike is so 'cheap' and literally dangerous for kids. i'm also thinking of reporting this guy somewhere else where he would get in trouble for selling such bikes ... they're quite dangerous in my eyes!

There used to be guy in West Virginia who bought new Chinese motorcycles and fixed them up to the standards you would expect before reselling them and that would include breaking all the factory frame welds and redoing them so they wouldn't fall apart later on and completely rebuilding the engines with sturdier replacement parts than the factory used. The carbs used to be really bad so they got scrapped and replaced with better ones and the pistons and rings were prone to melting when the engine got hot, so they were replaced, too. He would also do custom chrome and paint work on request. The bike was 1000% better when he was finished with it and well worth the extra cost for the work he did. The point is if the Chinese don't care about the shoddy quality of a motorcycle that will be operated at highway speeds, they aren't going to give a s*it about a kids bicycle.

Edited by OldAtarian

there should be a system on ebay analysing the buyers feedback

Good point. Doing away with negs for buyers was a really stupid move on eBay's part...

Let's not forget the real reason they did that. A seller who **deserved** a neg would automatically neg a buyer because of it. Period. What we have now - while definitely imperfect - is better than that. I was afraid to *EVER* leave a neg for a bad seller. When checking various feedback, I quite frequently saw retaliatory negs for the buyer - who did the best they can....pay right away. Unscrupulous sellers were ripping people off and then leaving them retaliatory negs.

there should be a system on ebay analysing the buyers feedback

Good point. Doing away with negs for buyers was a really stupid move on eBay's part...

Let's not forget the real reason they did that. A seller who **deserved** a neg would automatically neg a buyer because of it. Period. What we have now - while definitely imperfect - is better than that. I was afraid to *EVER* leave a neg for a bad seller. When checking various feedback, I quite frequently saw retaliatory negs for the buyer - who did the best they can....pay right away. Unscrupulous sellers were ripping people off and then leaving them retaliatory negs.

Then they should only allow the seller to leave a a negative for no or slow pay. Due to the Paypal only rule, the slow pay would be verifiable. For me, once the buyer had paid, I was going to give them the positive. I would sometimes wait to post the positive for about a week, because if they saw the positive after the item arrived it seemed to trigger them giving my feedback, but I didn't wait for their feedback like some sellers would. Then again, I only ever had one negative (underserved, of course :) ) and a few neutrals, so I can't say how I would act if I was a seller who had problems.