7800 Expansion Module (XM) hardware & game details - 11/26/12

7800 XM games

264 replies to this topic

#251 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

Stargunner

• 1,647 posts

Posted Fri Feb 7, 2014 9:41 PM

Blah, CPUWIZ and Batari should just get together and make a Harmony/Versa combination that plays games off SD card, has Pokey, XM RAM expansion, and maybe the HSC.

#252 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 28,052 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Fri Feb 7, 2014 9:57 PM

Knowing Fred, all but the Yamaha chip will be in the H2. ;)

#253 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 28,052 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Fri Feb 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Hmm, no, I take that back.  He will not be able to emulate the PIC functionality, that the VersaBoard now has. :grin:

#254 theloon OFFLINE  

theloon

Quadrunner

• 7,589 posts

Posted Sat Feb 8, 2014 12:56 AM

I may be second guessing your Versaboards purpose.  It would be nice to have a cart that could directly attach to the PC.  Hit compile and automatically download to a real 7800.  That's make testing go much smoother.

#255 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 28,052 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Sat Feb 8, 2014 2:30 AM

I may be second guessing your Versaboards purpose.  It would be nice to have a cart that could directly attach to the PC.  Hit compile and automatically download to a real 7800.  That's make testing go much smoother.

I think you should learn how to program the 6502, in assembly language. :P

The purpose is to let developers release carts, not multicart or flash nonsense ROM's.  Hands on, real cart, it just works.  And the more I mess with this thing, the more unlikely it will be for someone to copy it for repro purposes.  Of course that would be up to the person releasing the cart.

#256 theloon OFFLINE  

theloon

Quadrunner

• 7,589 posts

Posted Sat Feb 8, 2014 3:15 AM

Hmmn.. so, if the PIC isn't being used to offload I/O tasks (like direct transfer from a PC) then is it a cooprocessor for games?

I could see hardware assisted tile/sprite shifting to simulate smooth vertical scrolling.

#257 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

Stargunner

• 1,501 posts

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 PM

Knowing Fred, all but the Yamaha chip will be in the H2. ;)

I didn't read how much RAM would be included with the Harmony Nukem Forever...

Edited by Lynxpro, Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 PM.

#258 ravard OFFLINE  

ravard

Chopper Commander

• 114 posts

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:47 PM

I searched this topic for preorder information and found a link to preorder, but it does't resolve to a preorder page. Is there a new preorder link?

Thanks!

ravard

#259 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 2,560 posts

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 AM

I searched this topic for preorder information and found a link to preorder, but it does't resolve to a preorder page. Is there a new preorder link?

Thanks!

ravard

http://www.syzygycom...t&product_id=51

You will not be able to pre-order though - that has long since stopped.

However, after the pre-orders are shipped, according to Curt (Owner of site linked above/XM module project), more will be on hand to order and fill demand.

#260 ravard OFFLINE  

ravard

Chopper Commander

• 114 posts

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:27 AM

Thanks Trebor. This looks really cool.

#261 Lendorien OFFLINE  

Lendorien

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,118 posts

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:31 AM

Updated this after a long haitus. Are there any game I've missed?

#262 Trebor OFFLINE  

Trebor

River Patroller

• 2,560 posts

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 AM

Just a small note: I wouldn't consider Donkey Kong XM / PK part of "Game Hacks", any more than I would consider Pac-Man Collection to be one.  

When all was done, there's about 5-10% of the original game code left from the original Donkey Kong.  For all intents and purposes, it belongs more under "Homebrew Releases" as it was practically written from the ground-up.

As is the case with Pac-Man Collection, Donkey Kong XM / PK deserves the better designation than "Game Hacks".  Pokey Kong would/does fall more along the "Game Hacks" categorization.  :)

Also, Frenzy (w/Berzerk) is completed and released.  Final version is here.

Thank you for updating this pinned thread.  It is appreciated.  

Hoping to see this pinned thread updated as well with this information by Sauron or someone else who has the ability to do so.

#263 Protestari OFFLINE  

Protestari

Chopper Commander

• 108 posts

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 PM

Hi, everybody. I am knew to the 7800 community. Just bought Pac Man & Space Invaders from Atari Age.com. Can someone tell a newbie what he needs to do to get one of these 7800 Expansion Module (XM). Thanks

#264 Zoyx OFFLINE  

Zoyx

Stargunner

• 1,454 posts
  • Prominent Internet User

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:34 PM

Hi, everybody. I am knew to the 7800 community. Just bought Pac Man & Space Invaders from Atari Age.com. Can someone tell a newbie what he needs to do to get one of these 7800 Expansion Module (XM). Thanks

You can't right now. Pre-order is closed. Orders will likely open when they are ready to ship. This project has been going on for 4 years, so no idea when that day will be. This project has been crippled by many problems.

#265 Protestari OFFLINE  

Protestari

Chopper Commander

• 108 posts

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 PM

You can't right now. Pre-order is closed. Orders will likely open when they are ready to ship. This project has been going on for 4 years, so no idea when that day will be. This project has been crippled by many problems.

Thanks for the info.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7800 XM, games

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users