IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module (XM) hardware & game details - 7/8/2016

Lendorien

Ok it seems you do not know the technical difference. The xm can not be at any time in stereo as it feeds only mono into the console. The mod i have created modulates the monosignal inside the console and creates real stereo and surround improving the single audio as well by changing and adding tones.

So your interpretion is not true. The only benefit without xm is the better sound so it sounds similar to the xm. The highscore card, pokey, memory etc is not covered. I ve checked the donkey kong demo and it sounds really similar with old sound chip. Sure you have more possibilities with the xm chips but that requires new software as dual pokey for xl requires. I own one and can not use it as all the titles played are unmodified.

Could it be we hit the barrier of non native english speakers? Because your answer regarding blaming indicates some wrong interpretation. I know curt from several mail threads and discussion about projects , sent him some rare stuff for the upcoming book. I wish him all the best, too.

And as told there is no business intension else i would post prices, offering components.

It seems there is a communication problem.

I understand fully what the XM provides and does not provide. How long have you owned your XM?

If you checked that Donkey Kong XM demo with POKEY and compared it to original Donkey Kong with "old sound chip" (TIA) on the 7800 and it sounds "really similar" to you, again, this would fall under not the greatest promotion for what you believe is a superior stereo/mod product.

retromod, I'm done replying to this topic. Take care.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is the current delay due to issues with the YM2151?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218921-xm-any-chance-it-will-be-in-our-hands-by-christmas/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2889435

Summarizing what is (was?) being worked on:

-Synth test code for the Yamaha chip.

-Final rev board design checks.

-Firmware updates still need to be addressed.

-Ironing out remaining compatibility and functionality issues.

If I were to take a guess, my money is on the man who should be coming back to the 7800 scene, right about now. I know he could do some insane stuff with my new boards. | :) :ponder:

More love and support for the 7800, the better.

Right now, his hands seem to be dipped pretty far in the middle of 'Intelli stuff'...A multi-cart and a few games:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214212-its-alive/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2901589

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212069-mars-mini-games/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2911582

The above has been delayed longer than expected as it is:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212069-mars-mini-games/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2911183

That's if the man being referring to is correctly guessed. :)

Regardless, anything is possible. It would be fantastic to have more 7800 devs (back) on board. :-D

The XM was originally hoped to release for the 25th anniversary back in 2009 was it not? I know it's got to be around 3 years (longer?) since it was

said it would be shipped when it didn't come even close to being released for the 25th. Seems alot of the 25th stuff got doom and gloom attached

to it. Heck, Ax's 25th console still hasn't shipped either correct? Here is hoping the upcoming 30th goes alot smoother than the 25th did!!!

I feel bad for all the ppl here that cant or havent got the XM yet.

Ive had it for a few years now. I rarely use it. If it wasnt free I probably never pay for it. I listen to the radio much more than XM. So stop making such a stink about it. Your not missing much. Other than Howard stern maybe.

Yeah I know..im stupid.

I feel bad for all the ppl here that cant or havent got the XM yet.

Ive had it for a few years now. I rarely use it. If it wasnt free I probably never pay for it. I listen to the radio much more than XM. So stop making such a stink about it. Your not missing much. Other than Howard stern maybe.

Yeah I know..im stupid.

I say play your XM radio while enjoying Bently Bear Crystal Quest on your stock 7800. Probably wont miss a thing.

• Like 1

Almost a year later and no official word on a release, like others on here I have moved also, I hope it gets sent to the correct adress.

No worries ....

It will just be sent digitally thru your email most likely.

Yeah I need sleep...

Sorry!