IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module (XM) hardware & game details - 7/8/2016

Lendorien

I may be second guessing your Versaboards purpose. It would be nice to have a cart that could directly attach to the PC. Hit compile and automatically download to a real 7800. That's make testing go much smoother.

I think you should learn how to program the 6502, in assembly language. :P

The purpose is to let developers release carts, not multicart or flash nonsense ROM's. Hands on, real cart, it just works. And the more I mess with this thing, the more unlikely it will be for someone to copy it for repro purposes. Of course that would be up to the person releasing the cart.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I searched this topic for preorder information and found a link to preorder, but it does't resolve to a preorder page. Is there a new preorder link?

Thanks!

ravard

http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

You will not be able to pre-order though - that has long since stopped.

However, after the pre-orders are shipped, according to Curt (Owner of site linked above/XM module project), more will be on hand to order and fill demand.

• 1 month later...

Just a small note: I wouldn't consider Donkey Kong XM / PK part of "Game Hacks", any more than I would consider Pac-Man Collection to be one.

When all was done, there's about 5-10% of the original game code left from the original Donkey Kong. For all intents and purposes, it belongs more under "Homebrew Releases" as it was practically written from the ground-up.

As is the case with Pac-Man Collection, Donkey Kong XM / PK deserves the better designation than "Game Hacks". Pokey Kong would/does fall more along the "Game Hacks" categorization. :)

Also, Frenzy (w/Berzerk) is completed and released. Final version is here.

Thank you for updating this pinned thread. It is appreciated.

Hoping to see this pinned thread updated as well with this information by Sauron or someone else who has the ability to do so.

• Like 1

Hi, everybody. I am knew to the 7800 community. Just bought Pac Man & Space Invaders from Atari Age.com. Can someone tell a newbie what he needs to do to get one of these 7800 Expansion Module (XM). Thanks

You can't right now. Pre-order is closed. Orders will likely open when they are ready to ship. This project has been going on for 4 years, so no idea when that day will be. This project has been crippled by many problems.

• 2 weeks later...