IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

I just looked at one of my 'The Empire Strikes Back' manuals and it looks JUST like the one this guy is selling. So, yeah, this seller is full of *%(@. Edited by Mxyzptlk

This quote from the description is hilarious....

"I know a few of of my daughters have came from there simply because she only wears name brand things and we can find them there for about a fourth of the cost."

So that means his/her daughters were born in a thrift store? Or were they just a bunch of daughters up for sale and the person bought them at the second hand store???

I was browsing 2600s for a cheap but clean light sixer to mod for MIDI and Composite A/V when I stumbled on this Vader.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2616132762071?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261613276207&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

"The console has a chip on the right front corner making it unique and likely more collectible at some point in the future."

Time for me to break out a hammer and rake in the dough. :)

• Like 1

I was browsing 2600s for a cheap but clean light sixer to mod for MIDI and Composite A/V when I stumbled on this Vader.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2616132762071?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261613276207&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

"The console has a chip on the right front corner making it unique and likely more collectible at some point in the future."

Time for me to break out a hammer and rake in the dough. :)

This is in perfect, fully tested condition. Comes with original power supply and controller. Does not come with any games.

The console has a chip on the right front corner making it unique and likely more collectible at some point in the future .

REVIEWS of the 2600 system:

"I like the Color/B&W switch because sometimes the colour is just too much for my unique needs." - Thom Yorke, MS.

"I get pissed off a lot when I am not winning and find the built in reset switch is a better option than beating the living S##T out of my little sisters kitten." - Chris Wolstenholme, OK.

https://morgantown.craigslist.org/vgm/4703709802.html

Man, this listing is funny to me. This guy goes into so much detail you think he was selling a Van Gogh. Holy Hell, he even lists a condition on the N64 jumper pack.

The title also states it as an "Official" Nintendo 64, which is a good idea to be sure to differentiate it from all those non-official Russian ripoffs populating Morgantown, WV. And as a final detail, he claims it is "fully operational, as evidenced by the photos" yet doesn't actually post a photo of it in operation. Brilliant!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You'd think someone with such a high feedback score is a little bit smarter when it comes to shill bidding....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3111346187881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=311134618788&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

So sad. And eBay will do nothing. I've contacted eBay before and gave them a similar situation and they did absolutely nothing.

They look at it as they get more money.

That's why it's a conflict of interest when they converted to listing fees PLUS a percentage of the sale.

So sad. And eBay will do nothing. I've contacted eBay before and gave them a similar situation and they did absolutely nothing.

They look at it as they get more money.

That's why it's a conflict of interest when they converted to listing fees PLUS a percentage of the sale.

The sad thing is it is an Goodwill account. In the listing it says "HONOR: We conduct ourselves with integrity". I guess that is their very own understanding of integrity.

The sad thing is it is an Goodwill account. In the listing it says "HONOR: We conduct ourselves with integrity". I guess that is their very own understanding of integrity.

Missed that, that makes it much worse.

And they have their own website shopgoodwill.com. Why this location can perform like this is just wrong.

How is it shill bidding?

Usually there is good cause for suspicion of shilling when there is multiple small incriment bids from a low feedback, or in this case zero feedback, bidder - ie. the seller has a second account that they only use to place shill bids on their own items (hence low feedback - because they try not to purchase their own items, and probably if they did end up winning their own item they wouldn't leave feedback for themselves to avoid any ongoing connection). To really determine if they are shilling their own items you can click the bidder's ID - c***rs.gif( 0 ) and then click on the questionmark next to 'Bid activity (%) with this seller'. If the bid activity is 100% and they've bid on multiple items - thats a dead give away.

In this case the bidder has bid on three different items, each from different sellers, each related to video games - so it could just be a case of noob ebayer keen to get hold of some atari gear.

• Like 1

In this case the bidder has bid on three different items, each from different sellers, each related to video games - so it could just be a case of noob ebayer keen to get hold of some atari gear.

And now click on the winning bidder (t***r), 185 bids and 98% bidding activity with this seller.

Ebay pisses me off when it comes to people misrepresenting items. You'd have to post a pic of a set of hooters in order to 'flag' something. The other day, a guy has a board game listed as new, sealed in box. Well...it's opened, the box is warped, the pieces are missing from their sprues (but still complete) but it's listed as new, sealed. I try to flag it. Absolutely no way to flag something like this. Sent the seller an honest email. Nothing heard. There's even cases where they list "only 2 left!', giving the impression of scarcity, so I quickly buy as not to get left without, and once it's sold (even delievered!), there's the same amount of stock left from before I purchased it. Check the stock three weeks later, same damn thing.

I like turtles.