IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

Warning to anyone thinking to win this lot. I won a similar lot a while back from johnsgirl2 described much the same as this. The boxes were stacked exactly like this. When I received them every front and back was completely torn like they all had stuck together. When I contacted them they refused refund. I can't say these are are the same, just be aware of deceptive pictures and practices that they do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Atari-7800-Sears-Lot-of-21-CIB-games-Tested-NTSB-/161556781822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259d88dafe

Warning to anyone thinking to win this lot. I won a similar lot a while back from johnsgirl2 described much the same as this. The boxes were stacked exactly like this. When I received them every front and back was completely torn like they all had stuck together. When I contacted them they refused refund. I can't say these are are the same, just be aware of deceptive pictures and practices that they do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Atari-7800-Sears-Lot-of-21-CIB-games-Tested-NTSB-/161556781822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259d88dafe

Was it over a year ago? The reason I ask is because, I do not see any negs. in their Feed-back.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the handwritten labels, those are clearly rare and valuable prototypes. <insert sarcasm emoticon>

Hopefully he has a little left over for a brain transplant... Shipping cost alone should cover that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm, some ideas...

A) It might be a twisted psychology experiment for a college thesis by checking on the stupidity

of some bidders and how much money they might be willing to spend just to win any auction.

B) A way to launder/transfer drug money and appear legitimate to the computers that sniff out fraud.

C) An attempt by a new user to inflate (above ZERO) their sales numbers.

D) Some joker just trying to get his kicks, and possibly even make a buck in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Says listing removed? Was it a real doozy?

$10,000 bid for a crappy 2600 and some games. The description asked people to bid because it was for medical bills.

Not only was it $10,000 for the vader 2600. Charging $800 for shipping!?!? His grandfather needed a heart transplant so it said. I think the seller needs a brain transplant.

Edited by Retrogamer81081

Vendor doesn't confirm prototype status. It could be simply a Moonsweeper cartridge without label at the great offer price of $300 bucks http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moon-Sweeper-Prototype-by-Imagic-for-the-Colecovision-System-/161676736583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a4af3847

Second picture shows a pair of EPROM, 2764 or 8KB each. They appear to be soldered on so it may be early production cart before mask rom was made.

Second picture shows a pair of EPROM, 2764 or 8KB each. They appear to be soldered on so it may be early production cart before mask rom was made.

The interesting thing here is that the picture shows clearly the EPROM labels while the surroundings are blurred, makes it suspicious of photo alteration.

Some production batchs were based initially in EPROM until mask ROM were ready.

I've a couple of Moonsweeper cartridges here but I would need to remove the label in order to see the interior :(

The interesting thing here is that the picture shows clearly the EPROM labels while the surroundings are blurred, makes it suspicious of photo alteration.

Some production batchs were based initially in EPROM until mask ROM were ready.

I've a couple of Moonsweeper cartridges here but I would need to remove the label in order to see the interior :(

re: blurry image. Ever try to scan a cart PCB? Most scanners are very nearsighted and can only scan what's on the glass with clear and sharp image. Anything more than a few mm off the glass ends up out of focus and blurry. With some EPROM, the surface of the chip can be about 0.2 inches (about 5mm) from the surface of the PCB. So that picture is legit. It is still debatable if it's a fake proto from EPROMs or not.

Not only was it $10,000 for the vader 2600. Charging $800 for shipping!?!? His grandfather needed a heart transplant so it said. I think the seller needs a brain transplant.

Add to this the fact this listing has been on again off again for at least two years... I wonder if old grandpa is still kicking!?