IGNORED

What ColecoVision Homebrews Would You Like to See Next?

ColecoFan1981

Ninja Princess

Bomb Jack

Chack 'N Pop

Drol

Doki Doki Penguin Land

Mikie

Girl's Garden

Golgo 13

Orguss

I like the way you think. :D In a perfect world I'd commission someone to translate the whole SG-1000 library to CV, since it's the only US system that can properly reproduce the SG-1000. (The SMS EverDrive will allow playing the SG-1000 games on a US SMS, but the colors will be incorrect.)

BTW I've translated Chack'n Pop and Ninja Princess into English, if that encourages any porting efforts at all (though the Ninja Princess translation is pretty ragged). There's an IPS patch on ROMHacking.net for Chack'n Pop, or you can find both on SMSPower (I haven't gotten around to uploading my Ninja Princess patch to ROMHacking.net).

Edited by thegoldenband

I'd like to see a 4 player game. Yes, you read that correctly. ;)

Obviously, some hardware would be required to re-route some signals. Each player could, for instance, move left and right, and have a fire button... possibly more control... I'm not 100% sure yet.

Any ideas besides some sort of pong-like game?

Let's see more games using the super action controller.

Do you want to use the four fire buttons, or the spinner (or both)?

It would depend on the game if it actually needs it. Wha, making games based on controllers? That's Kinect, heh.

I dunno, maybe the spinner could be used for paddle-ish games, even though it's not as good as the 2600 paddle.

I think it would be logical if a game were to support the Super Action Controllers to also work with the standard controllers, sort of like how certain Sega Genesis games work best with the six button controller, but are backwards compatible with the three button. While I own a working pair of Super Action Controllers, I doubt it's common enough. Same thing with the roller controller and steering wheel. Definitely wonderful to support them, but these days you'd need more compatibility.

I think it would be logical if a game were to support the Super Action Controllers to also work with the standard controllers, sort of like how certain Sega Genesis games work best with the six button controller, but are backwards compatible with the three button. While I own a working pair of Super Action Controllers, I doubt it's common enough. Same thing with the roller controller and steering wheel. Definitely wonderful to support them, but these days you'd need more compatibility.

I think a fighting game, à la Street Fighter II, would make good use of all four buttons on the Super Action Controller, and perhaps even the spinner too (spin it to snap out of a dizzy state, for example). :)

• 2 months later...

Getting this thread on reboot, let me give you these suggestions:

How many of you would like to see some of the Electronic Arts catalog ported here? And here's the list:

*Archon

*M.U.L.E.

*Worms?

*Murder on the Zinderneuf

*Axis Assassin

*Word Flyer

*The Last Gladiator

*Skate or Die (this was published by Konami's Ultra Games division for the Nintendo NES in 1989)

*The Immortal

*Road Rash (the first Road Rash game was ported not only to the Sega Genesis, but also to the Atari ST and Commodore Amiga computers)

*Road Rash II

*Road Rash III: Tour de Force

*One on One (aka Dr. J vs. Larry Bird = Dr. J is the stage name of Julius Erving)

*Skyfox

*Jordan vs. Bird: One on One

NOTE: There was supposed to have been versions of Hard Hat Mack and Pinball Construction Set available for the Adam computer, but were cancelled by Coleco. Here is a video on YouTube by ed1269 of these two, from the DDP The Best of Electronic Arts:

EA later adapted Pinball Construction Set for the Sega Genesis as Virtual Pinball.

Some Epyx stuff:

*Jumpman (the original; we had Jumpman, Jr. on the CV in 1984)

*Pitstop 2

*California Games

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981

I'd love to see a version of ANOTHER WORLD/OUT OF THIS WORLD for an older generation console.

I have think about that one too!. Just few idea how to do it in my head. But could be one of my (not near) future project. I LOVE that game.

Cool! I used to think it would be great to put it in 3d like Tomb Raider, but no matter what format it's in, gooey, violent deaths should be implemented. :)

I'd love to see a version of ANOTHER WORLD/OUT OF THIS WORLD for an older generation console.

I have think about that one too!. Just few idea how to do it in my head. But could be one of my (not near) future project. I LOVE that game.

Cool! I used to think it would be great to put it in 3d like Tomb Raider, but no matter what format it's in, gooey, violent deaths should be implemented. :)

I am also still hoping for CV versions of these TI-99/4A and Tomy Tutor titles. Why did I bring up ports for these two computers? They both use the Texas Instruments (TI) TMS9900 series VDPs and SN764xx series sound chips.

TI-99/4A collection:

*Hunt the Wumpus (1980)

*TI Invaders (1981)

*Space Aggressor (1981)

*Alpiner (1982)

Tomy Tutor collection:

Scramble (1981)

Jungler (1981)

Loco-Motion (1982)

Traffic Jam (1983)

Deep Six (1983)

Cave Crawlers (1983)

Torpedo Terror (1983)

Hyperspace (1983) (was called Tron in Japan, and officially copyrighted by Disney there)

Athletic Land f/ Mickey Mouse (1983) (not released in U.S.; we did have a version for the CV called Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventures in the Park based on the Konami game titled Athletic Land)

Monster Inn (1983) (not released in U.S.; this was a Space Panic knockoff)

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981

I've watched this thread for a few days and... I've not seen much original suggestions in my opinion... you know that a game console can offer more than arcade ports : simulator (simcity), strategy game (starcraft), adventure game (zelda), text adventure game, role playing game (final fantasy), boardgame (chess or monopoly), sandbox, tower defense, puzzle (think of Lemmings or Sokoban), even a rythmic game (dance dance revolution) and so on.

I've watched this thread for a few days and... I've not seen much original suggestions in my opinion... you know that a game console can offer more than arcade ports : simulator (simcity), strategy game (starcraft), adventure game (zelda), text adventure game, role playing game (final fantasy), boardgame (chess or monopoly), sandbox, tower defense, puzzle (think of Lemmings or Sokoban), even a rythmic game (dance dance revolution) and so on.

Looking at Coleco's Starcom toys on eBay, I have often thought about an "Advanced Wars" type of strategy game on the CV using that defunct toy line. :)

Another one of Coleco's toy lines was Sectaurs, which also had potential for a video game adaptation, although I'm not sure what type of game would have been best. A Galaxian/Galaga-style shooter perhaps?

I just saw one game that could be converted. It's called "Backflow" and was originally conceived for a mobile phone where you play it through the number keys. Since the Colecovision also has number keys on the controllers, you could keep this controlling scheme. In fact, I think this game could even look good on "lesser" systems like the Intellivision and the Odyssey^2 (don't laugh... I think it would be possible to replicate the pipes by means of the "grid" there).

• 2 months later...

Getting this thread on reboot, let me give you these suggestions:

How many of you would like to see some of the Electronic Arts catalog ported here? And here's the list:

*Archon

*M.U.L.E.

*Worms?

*Murder on the Zinderneuf

*Axis Assassin

*Word Flyer

*The Last Gladiator

*Skate or Die (this was published by Konami's Ultra Games division for the Nintendo NES in 1989)

*The Immortal

*Road Rash (the first Road Rash game was ported not only to the Sega Genesis, but also to the Atari ST and Commodore Amiga computers)

*Road Rash II

*Road Rash III: Tour de Force

*One on One (aka Dr. J vs. Larry Bird = Dr. J is the stage name of Julius Erving)

*Skyfox

*Jordan vs. Bird: One on One

NOTE: There was supposed to have been versions of Hard Hat Mack and Pinball Construction Set available for the Adam computer, but were cancelled by Coleco. Here is a video on YouTube by ed1269 of these two, from the DDP The Best of Electronic Arts:

EA later adapted Pinball Construction Set for the Sega Genesis as Virtual Pinball.

Some Epyx stuff:

*Jumpman (the original; we had Jumpman, Jr. on the CV in 1984)

*Pitstop 2

*California Games

~Ben

Most of the classic EA titles sound good. The original Jumpman, with all levels, would be great.

:)

How about:

- Pepper III....more levels, different characters, with incredibly addicting gameplay! :lust:

- Q*bert Arcade......with better sounds and/or graphics, and change the pryamid to match the arcade?

- FHMC Q*bert......great game, with Q*Bertha chasing you!

- Crazy Climber......Oh Nooooo....

- Zookeeper

- Chips Challenge

- Donkey Kong 3 :D

• Like 1

- Pepper III....more levels, different characters, with incredibly addicting gameplay! :lust:

Personally, I would prefer a sequel to BurgerTime rather than Pepper II... And in my book, Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory doesn't really count because it's too different from BurgerTime (and also nowhere near as much fun). PizzaTime, perhaps...? :)

• Like 1