IGNORED

What ColecoVision Homebrews Would You Like to See Next?

ColecoFan1981

Personally, I would prefer a sequel to BurgerTime rather than Pepper II... And in my book, Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory doesn't really count because it's too different from BurgerTime (and also nowhere near as much fun). PizzaTime, perhaps...? :)

The screen of the unreleased Masters of the Universe II makes me want to see what Diner would be like on CV. I have in on Intellivision. While it's still a litte bit different, I like it quite a bit, much better than Peter Peppers Ice Cream Factory.

I would love to see a Halo game for the coleco! Seeing what can be done on the atari I can just imagine all the cool stuff you could do with the power of the colecovision!! Also A Duke Nukem game would also be great! I would love to see some more modern games get some retro game play and style I think it would be really cool :cool: Other than that I would also like to see a new Quest for Quintana Roo or River Raid! Those are 2 of my all time fav games

Edited by RelliK111

I've watched this thread for a few days and... I've not seen much original suggestions in my opinion... you know that a game console can offer more than arcade ports : simulator (simcity), strategy game (starcraft), adventure game (zelda), text adventure game, role playing game (final fantasy), boardgame (chess or monopoly), sandbox, tower defense, puzzle (think of Lemmings or Sokoban), even a rythmic game (dance dance revolution) and so on.

Utopia ? (yes, again, I always insist )

Crusade in Europe ?

Panzers East ?

Road to Moscow ?

1941 (Atari) ?

U.S.A.A.F ?

Project Firestart ?

many others I do not remember at the moment...

I had a cool idea the other day for potential new CV games: Fake arcade conversions! :D Allow me to explain the concept...

I had this idea while looking at AtariAge's Atari 2600 Rarity Guide. There are many games in the 2600's library that were not based on arcade games. But what if you took some of these non-arcade games, and gave them a fresh coat of paint, by making them look like arcade conversions on the ColecoVision? These would feature:

1) A detailed (and perhaps even animated) title screen, with a flashing "INSERT COIN / CREDITS" message at the bottom (like Opcode's Space Invaders Collection and Pac-Man Collection).

2) An attract mode

3) A high score table

4) Graphics and sounds that really look/sound like they were lifted from an arcade version

5) The game's box would feature a real-looking (but completely fake) arcade cabinet picture, like Coleco's early arcade ports

What titles would I select to get the "fake arcade" treatment? Unsurprisingly, the first games that come to my mind are Activision games, but there are several others from other 2600 publishers among my choices:

20th Century Fox:

- Alien (would be more "arcadey" fun with slightly different gameplay mechanics)

- Flash Gordon

Activision:

- Chopper Command

- Frostbite

- Megamania

- Plaque Attack

- Pressure Cooker

- Robot Tank

- Spider Fighter

Apollo:

- Shark Attack (add a few more gameplay features and this game would be arcade-worthy)

Atari:

- Combat

- Yar's Revenge

CommaVid:

- Cakewalk

DataAge:

- Frankenstein's Monster

Imagic:

- Demon Attack (with more types of aliens, and some large bosses too, for a full arcade experience!)

M Network:

- Air Raiders

StarPath:

- Fireball

U.S. Games

- Towering Inferno

Xonox:

- Ghost Manor

I'm sure I'm missing a few worthy ones, and the ones above only cover the Atari 2600. There are probably several Intellivision games that could be given the "fake arcade" treatment, such as Diner.

It's too bad I don't have time to prepare screenshot mockups to illustrate the concept of fake arcade conversions, but you get the idea, right? ;)

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...