IGNORED

Season 4 Christmas-Double-Round 13/14 *Skiing* *Antarctic Adventure*

Mister VCS

Paying off a gate judge is expensive these days. Man is the collision detection annoying on this game.

00:23:19

Timing at the start gate is imperative and when moving through a gate, stay away from the flag on the left as the collision detection is brutal. The flag on the right is very forgiving.

Paying off a gate judge is expensive these days. Man is the collision detection annoying on this game.

00:23:19

Timing at the start gate is imperative and when moving through a gate, stay away from the flag on the left as the collision detection is brutal. The flag on the right is very forgiving.

Nice tip NIAD.

This game would be a good canidate for a hack. The bottom of the gate poles and the bottom ski on the skier should be the only collision detection. It is programmed more like boards laying on the ground with flags on the ends than actual standing poles.

Antartic Adventure

I hate to say it, but this game is no longer challenging me!!! After you learn the ins and outs of it, it's quite easy to navigate the ice crevasses and avoid the seal. Too bad they couldn't have added more "enemies" other than the silly old seal.

He did finally get the best of me (mostly because my attention wandered too many times), but not before:

470,270 and Stage 93

post-9212-129273462399_thumb.jpg

Antartic Adventure

I hate to say it, but this game is no longer challenging me!!! After you learn the ins and outs of it, it's quite easy to navigate the ice crevasses and avoid the seal. Too bad they couldn't have added more "enemies" other than the silly old seal.

He did finally get the best of me (mostly because my attention wandered too many times), but not before:

470,270 and Stage 93

Awesome! Congratulations! Now you need to connect your CV to a VCR, tape it and submit to TwinGalaxies for verification.

I think this is a really great game, I am just terrible at it.

Sadly, this was done on an emulator. I did load it up on my ADAM last night though and got over 200,000 before my wife wanted me to do something that could have waited another few hours. It's a bit harder to play on real hardware...couldn't get the timing on my jumps quite right.

As for the other game in this contest...SKIING...I suck big time at it. I get down the hill in about 53 seconds and miss most of the gates.

Antartic Adventure

470,270 and Stage 93

Awesome! Congratulations! Now you need to connect your CV to a VCR, tape it and submit to TwinGalaxies for verification.

I think this is a really great game, I am just terrible at it.

30,700 stage 5

A nice little game, but by the 5th stage, the course is nearly un-navigable. If the penguin is going fast enough to complete the stage, avoiding crevasses and seals is a real trick. The grade/curve of the ice constantly forces you into obstacles and the resistance to movement makes the way even tougher. As far as catching a flag or two...good luck! Points are already pretty sparse in the game and if you are going slow enough to get them, you won't make it to the Ice Station, unless of course you're going flat-out and a fish/flag just happens to hit you in the face.

Kudos to jblenlke for his dominating high score. He deserves a Gold Patch for sticking with it through 93 stages...Unbelievable :-o !

post-21471-129283470851_thumb.jpg

Kudos to jblenlke for his dominating high score. He deserves a Gold Patch for sticking with it through 93 stages...Unbelievable :-o !

Thanks...I was pretty much dying of shear boredom by Stage 93...there's not enough variety or challenges in the game. It would have been cool if they'd put polar bears strolling across the ice and a few other obstacles.

A couple of tips...go as fast as you can and unless they are pretty much handed to you, ignore the flags and fish to start with. Wait until your time vs. distance remaining has equalized or you're ahead of the game to go after them (i.e. if you have 400km remaining, make sure you have 40 or better on the timer). If you're careful, you can usually get to this point about midway through the course.

Stay far right or left. If your timing is down, you can clear two ice crevasses/holes at once -- plus the seal if he pops up on the side. If you come into a turn, go immediately to the other side rather than going with the flow. If you don't chances are, you will meet the seal face to face somewhere in the middle.

A couple of tips...go as fast as you can and unless they are pretty much handed to you, ignore the flags and fish to start with. Wait until your time vs. distance remaining has equalized or you're ahead of the game to go after them (i.e. if you have 400km remaining, make sure you have 40 or better on the timer). If you're careful, you can usually get to this point about midway through the course.

Stay far right or left. If your timing is down, you can clear two ice crevasses/holes at once -- plus the seal if he pops up on the side. If you come into a turn, go immediately to the other side rather than going with the flow. If you don't chances are, you will meet the seal face to face somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for the tips.

AA:111,010

post-25394-129306623478_thumb.jpg

I am on the "Antarctic-booad" with 47,550 96,470 (stage 20).

post-98-129326639039_thumb.jpg post-98-129337057281_thumb.jpg

I have added a "link-button" at the Colecovision Game Index (still under construction). Hope you like it!

We need a few game suggestions for 2011! Do you like the current variety of games?

Edited by Mister VCS
New personal High Score (slightly)