IGNORED

Warlok

therealbountybob

Recently I've been playing Warlok in my quest to try all games for the A8 ;) It's a tough shooter but fun to play. Having beaten the first level was dissapointed to find the other levels are graphically identical...

By coincidence I read a review in an early Page 6 mag, that mentioned the cassette version loaded additional levels after you have completed each one. The disk version had graphically different levels. I think all the images out there are the cassette version converted to an XEX or on an ATR but with only the one level.

Has anyone got a disk image or Warlok they can share :?:

Does anyone remember this game and remember if it had different levels :?:

post-19705-129233377273_thumb.pngpost-19705-129233377925_thumb.png

I remember the game but the reason I remember it was that it was so damn hard so I never saw above the opening level.

Might stick a trainer on it and see what happens.

Did you play that with an analog or digital stick? :evil:

Used the bog standard Atari made joystick in the day, never been back to it on the Emulator but I think I'd go bonkers using analogue :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

I remember the game but the reason I remember it was that it was so damn hard so I never saw above the opening level.

Did you play that with an analog or digital stick? :evil:

Used the bog standard Atari made joystick in the day, never been back to it on the Emulator but I think I'd go bonkers using analogue :)

Cut it out :P

The game was never dumped properly, it needs to be imaged again from an original tape or disk. All the so-called "versions" out there are bad.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Aha, thank you...I did wonder....

Why oh way did no one PRO it? :(

Anyone fancy doing it?

Edited by Mclaneinc

therealbountybob : It has been FOREVER since I've played this, but I'm planning on putting the 800xl back together this week end and giving it ago.

I used to have it on floppy (can't remember if it was an original though), but I sold my Floppy Collection years ago and run everything via XEX or ATR now a days, with the exception of the carts I buy here and there.

Edited by Syfo-Dyas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Here you go.

Says "Cracked by Happy Hackers" which is a bit odd, as its a .PRO image. But I tested it in Altirra (800, PAL, Normal Timing) and it loaded a few levels.

BTW - Unable to attach a .PRO file - should we get this added to the allowed formats?

WARLOK.zip

Here you go.

Says "Cracked by Happy Hackers" which is a bit odd, as its a .PRO image. But I tested it in Altirra (800, PAL, Normal Timing) and it loaded a few levels.

BTW - Unable to attach a .PRO file - should we get this added to the allowed formats?

It's a PAL only PRO. A cracked PAL only PRO. Since it comes from the UK, it is originally a PAL program, so I guess NTSC is problematic. I tested it with a PAL Antic, but my monitor has no

vertical scroll adjustment.

Edited by russg

Sadly I do not own this one!

Slightly off topic, what does "Stick a trainer on it" mean? I've seen the options in emulators, but how does one obtain or make a trainer?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not?

On the real I normally used Omnimon to cheat the game..

You can easily complete it in Altirra by disabling player background collisions until you get to the end, turning them on to shoot the top off the drone, and then off again to get back.

I can't figure how to get the fire button in Altirra. ????