IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Yup. My sweet spot has always been a buck a game. Right now you can build a heck of a PS2/Xbox/Wii collection for that price, if you're patient. I have a couple of bookshelves full already.

Whether or not there will ever be a collector market for them is another matter. It's gonna depend heavily on how well the optical systems survive. And eventually the requirement for online access that's long been turned off will render console games useless - this has already started with some PS3/Xbox 360 titles.

That's why I like the Wii. Most titles aren't defined by their online play. I'm somewhat worried about optical decay, but if I pick the games up cheap enough it's still worth it as a collectible. Also, I envision being able to easily obtain the entire Wii library loaded into a modded Wii by the time they start failing :D ..in case I actually want to play any of them.

I am about to do something crazy along those lines myself. As soon as some extra pieces come in I'm going to post a working Intellivision I console with over 40 different CIB games and an opening bid of $0.99. Just need a few more parts (manuals, overlays) to complete some of the games first.

I figure someone can go after a good starter collection for the minimum opening for a change :)

• Like 2

I am about to do something crazy along those lines myself. As soon as some extra pieces come in I'm going to post a working Intellivision I console with over 40 different CIB games and an opening bid of $0.99. Just need a few more parts (manuals, overlays) to complete some of the games first.

I figure someone can go after a good starter collection for the minimum opening for a change :)

I'm putting a pile together for you from your list, but it will probably be a few weeks before I can mail anything. Keep me updated on your want list of orphans as I have a bunch of games and components I'd like to donate to your cause.

I'm putting a pile together for you from your list, but it will probably be a few weeks before I can mail anything. Keep me updated on your want list of orphans as I have a bunch of games and components I'd like to donate to your cause.

Wow thanks! This .99 opening auction isn't part of that though. But if you're thinking of the boxes I complete and give away to new collectors then I'll PM you a list of what that project still needs once I get home from visiting family. I'd gladly pay for the shipping. I wouldn't take donations for anything I intended to sell though. Defeats the purpose of building up Collector's Karma :)

I am thinking of doing the same with some ps2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and gamecube games at that starting low price.

I need to clear space and help other collectors out in the process.

My Wife doesn't believe I will do it, so that is all the motivation I need! :)

• Like 1

I am thinking of doing the same with some ps2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and gamecube games at that starting low price.

It's a great way to make space and as long as you're not looking to profit any amount it brings in is a bonus.

I also like the idea of someone out there bidding on an instant starter collection and not having to pay $200+ for it. I plan to put most of whatever it fetches towards filling in more boxes and shipping out things to people missing commons and new collectors just getting started. I'd like to try and make it a service so the Lonely Carts Club is more than just me creating obscure boxes and reproductions. There's no money in it but it's fun for me and I like building up my Collector's Karma :)

• Like 2

I'm open to PS2 and GameCube games... can you share a list?

If you're dumping it cheap, like a buck or three per game, bring Gamecube stuff to PRGE Wolfy :D

I may, but my plan is to travel light.......thinking about it.....

As i clear stuff out I am still going to hold on to the games I REALLY like.

Wolfy

I *strongly* suspect this is a C64 cart. IIRC they are also 44-pin. Ages and ages ago, I thought I'd found something really interesting that just turned out to be a C64 cart from Parker Brothers.

Guest LiqMat

OMG. This reminds me when I thought I had found a Zenji Intellivision prototype at an Arizona retro game store and it was labeled as such. Ended up being a C64 cart and no matter how hard you try it wont fit in the Intellivison cart slot.

Edited by LiqMat

OMG. This reminds me when I thought I had found a Zenji Intellivision prototype at an Arizona retro game store and it was labeled as such. Ended up being a C64 cart and no matter how hard you try it wont fit in the Intellivison cart slot.

:)

Oh man I loved Zenji, he was the cutest little shaggy movie dog ever!!! ;-)

I believe I owned that for the 5200 and it was a very fun game!