IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I dont know about it being the holy grail for Intellivision, but heres a playcable manual. I would rather have the play cable hardware.

Im also not sure about the rarer than the keyboard, but am curious about the communities opinion.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2925200118831?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=292520011883&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Wow! I can't see what it sold for, but the highest declined offer was $400. I'm guessing that the buyer paid $500.

Crazy stuff, I would be interest in the hardware if anyone just has one laying around lol

You and me both! I'd actually rather have a PlayCable over a Keyboard Component. Starting to wish I'd bid more on that pretty, colorful PlayCable brochure lot.

I can't complain, I do have the PlayCable manual set and the brown box :thumbsup:

Guest LiqMat

I am sure this has been answered before and if you can point me to the right thread, great. Is there a Keyboard Component that anyone knows of with a working tape drive and has any of the tape software been imaged yet?

Edited by LiqMat

Yes there are working units. I think all the software was imaged from my friend Dan's former collection. Frank Palazola has been working on an emulator for it. Hopefully we eventually see it's release.

Edited by stupus

I am sure this has been answered before and if you can point me to the right thread, great. Is there a Keyboard Component that anyone knows of with a working tape drive and has any of the tape software been imaged yet?

I just got a keyboard component and he few tape functions Ive tested work, but I need more time off work to test it in depth.

Guest LiqMat

Yes there are working units. I think all the software was imaged from my friend Dan's former collection. Frank Palazola has been working on an emulator for it. Hopefully we eventually see it's release.

Thanks for the info. Found the thread discussing this, but no updates in that thread in over a year.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259937-intellivision-keyboard-component-emulation/

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 1

Well, someone won the lottery (not me):

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2535368977391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=253536897739&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Honestly, I had the opportunity to buy. I toyed with the decision for probably an hour before deciding no. I've just spent far too much on eBay lately and couldn't justify chasing another variant. If it had been $60 or less I would have gone for it, but I just couldn't bring myself to dump $100 into these. They are nice though.

Honestly, I had the opportunity to buy. I toyed with the decision for probably an hour before deciding no. I've just spent far too much on eBay lately and couldn't justify chasing another variant. If it had been $60 or less I would have gone for it, but I just couldn't bring myself to dump $100 into these. They are nice though.

Yeah, it wasn't a bargain or anything, but you'd easily pay that hunting them down. I averaged $15-20ea for most of those. NFL and MLB were cheaper. They are in pretty nice condition in that lot.

Yeah, it wasn't a bargain or anything, but you'd easily pay that hunting them down. I averaged $15-20ea for most of those. NFL and MLB were cheaper. They are in pretty nice condition in that lot.

Completely agree. I had a twinge of regret not picking it up but you just can't buy everything when you collect for pretty much everything. ?

I hope a bit of self-promotion is not considered too gauche:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2636087157541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=263608715754&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2636087166101?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=<span>263608716610&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Curious why this second link does not seem to work. Here it is directly:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263608716610?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Edited by daniel3302
  • Like 1