IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I thought it would go higher, these are more rare than Spiker, especially still sealed.

Agreed, plus I feel that Spiker is overpriced. There can't be that many more Stadium Mud Buggies out there and it's price never shot up like Spiker's did.

Side note...I recently picked up a cool variant that's definitely rarer than Spiker. More to come...

It's not in the list of the "Intellivision canon" (= 125 classics). I guess this is the main reason why it didn't go higher despite its rarity

Yep. Most folks that won a copy of Spiker could/would likely play it. Jack Lalanne not so much.

Agreed, plus I feel that Spiker is overpriced. There can't be that many more Stadium Mud Buggies out there and it's price never shot up like Spiker's did.

Side note...I recently picked up a cool variant that's definitely rarer than Spiker. More to come...

Very much agreed. Spiker is extremely overpriced for how many appear. It seems to have the same mystique that Chase the Chuckwagon had for the Atari back in the early 2000s.

Looking forward to hearing of the new addition!

Yeah, I mean telegames sold them for like $15 back in the 90s. There are definitely copies of it out there in decent numbers.....There likely could be a pallet of them hidden away somewhere :) who knows...

I know Sean Kelly had piles of learning fun 2 back then and he couldn't give them away. He had stacks of the flat boxes he literally tossed some out.

Yeah, I mean telegames sold them for like $15 back in the 90s. There are definitely copies of it out there in decent numbers.....There likely could be a pallet of them hidden away somewhere :) who knows...

I know Sean Kelly had piles of learning fun 2 back then and he couldn't give them away. He had stacks of the flat boxes he literally tossed some out.

:o :sad:

Using the wayback machine, telegames.com earliest archived page from 1998 has Spiker Volleyball but not Stadium Mud Buggies. Spiker came off the price list in 2000, Body Slam Wrestling removed in 1999. Spiker and SMB came out at the same time and were probably produced in the same numbers.

https://web.archive.org/web/19981203070212/http://telegames.com:80/INTV.HTM

Telegames likely aquired INTV Corp stock. Spiker and SMB being the last Intellivision cartridges produced in 1989 may not have made it to any other stores. Were they in Toysrus? Anyone in Europe/Brasil see them back in 1989/90?

Edited by mr_me

Using the wayback machine, telegames.com earliest archived page from 1998 has Spiker Volleyball but not Stadium Mud Buggies. Spiker came off the price list in 2000, Body Slam Wrestling removed in 1999. Spiker and SMB came out at the same time and were probably produced in the same numbers.

https://web.archive.org/web/19981203070212/http://telegames.com:80/INTV.HTM

Telegames likely aquired INTV Corp stock. Spiker and SMB being the last Intellivision cartridges produced in 1989 may not have made it to any other stores. Were they in Toysrus? Anyone in Europe/Brasil see them back in 1989/90?

While Toys'r'us had a pretty decent videogame section end of the 80s/beginning 90s with Nintendo, Sega, all Atari (2600, 7800, XE, Lynx) and Commodore C64/Amiga in Germany. It never had Intellivision. I stumbled across the Intv stuff the first time on the internet (Blue Sky Rangers site).

Did Radio Shack have the Telegames stuff in their catalog? I remember checking those and placing orders only to come up empty.

I heard Radio Shack had Intellivision cartridges for a long time. I assumed it was old Mattel Electronics stock. I've never heard of Intellivision cartridges rereleased by Telegames like they did with other platforms.

Edit:

Sorry, according to posts here Tele-games and others did sell their Intellivision cartridges through the Radio Shack catalog. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/208054-dig-dug-shrinkwrap-radio-shack-turbo-zone-direct/

Edited by mr_me

I heard Radio Shack had Intellivision cartridges for a long time. I assumed it was old Mattel Electronics stock. I've never heard of Intellivision cartridges rereleased by Telegames like they did with other platforms.

Edit:

Sorry, according to posts here Tele-games and others did sell their Intellivision cartridges through the Radio Shack catalog.

I bought Intellivision games through Radio Shack and Telegames back in the late '90s. I still have some receipts and photo copies of the pages from the Radio Shack binder. I'll have to scan and post them.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

At least they repackaged Intellivision stuff. When I found out about Telegames I ordered some stuff from them. I got Space Spartans in a similar box like this Wing War for Colecovision (but with original instructions and cartridge).

A few years later I resold it.

post-30718-0-95738500-1526140932_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 3