IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I just needed to point out something about this one:

1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=223004024888&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That was a gift I made to IntellivisionDude as a token of friendship and appreciation for his support, because he said he could never be able to afford the price of the final game and I felt sad for him. I even signed it with a special message for him. I also asked him that it was a personal gift with the condition that it should never be sold or given out to anyone else.

It is very disappointing that he would just sell it to pay for his collector's vice. He always says he needs the money, but then he goes into another collecting binge and purchase more crap. That gift was special to me, and it hurts me that someone who I respected would just dishonour it in such a way. :mad:

So if anybody here decides to bid on this, just know that you're just adding salt to an already very painful wound. :(:_(

-dZ.

I completely understand why you're upset about the dude selling this and obviously a higher sale price rubs more salt into the wound, but I don't think it's fair to condemn any potential buyer. It's a great game that is no longer available (at least in physical form) and there are many folks who originally missed out. Hopefully the winning bidder will appreciate the opportunity to give your game a new and potentially better home.

I completely understand why you're upset about the dude selling this and obviously a higher sale price rubs more salt into the wound, but I don't think it's fair to condemn any potential buyer. It's a great game that is no longer available (at least in physical form) and there are many folks who originally missed out. Hopefully the winning bidder will appreciate the opportunity to give your game a new and potentially better home.

I get it, you probably want to bid on it. :grin:

Just kidding! but seriously, it's not a matter of condemning the buyer; it's a recognition that they are purchasing a personal token that someone else apparently doesn't value as much. As you can see in the listing pictures, it was dedicated specifically to IntellivisionDude, it wasn't supposed to be a collector's item nor a commodity to sell when he wishes -- it was a personal gift, it meant something. Or at least it was supposed to.

I don't care about giving the game a "new and potentially better home." If Dude didn't appreciate the personal gift, he could return it; passing it along for money is just offensive. I hand-crafted that game and thought I was sharing that joy with a friend.

Although I'm sure most don't care, I take that personally.

All that said, it's not like I am going to troll e-Bay and and find out who bought the thing and be angry at them. I am just disappointed and saddened about this whole situation and thought I'd just express that.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Just kidding! but seriously, it's not a matter of condemning the buyer; it's a recognition that they are purchasing a personal token that someone else apparently doesn't value as much. As you can see in the listing pictures, it was dedicated specifically to IntellivisionDude, it wasn't supposed to be a collector's item nor a commodity to sell when he wishes -- it was a personal gift, it means something. Or at least it was supposed to.

I don't care about giving the game a "new and potentially better home." If Dude didn't appreciate the personal gift, he could return it; passing it along for money is just offensive. I hand-crafted that game and thought I was sharing that joy with a friend.

-dZ.

I can respect that. I'm not bidding on it. I already have a copy...or two :D

• Like 1

I just needed to point out something about this one:

1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=223004024888&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That was a gift I made to IntellivisionDude as a token of friendship and appreciation for his support, because he said he could never be able to afford the price of the final game and I felt sad for him. I even signed it with a special message for him. I also asked him that it was a personal gift with the condition that it should never be sold or given out to anyone else.

It is very disappointing that he would just sell it to pay for his collector's vice. He always says he needs the money, but then he goes into another collecting binge and purchase more crap. That gift was special to me, and it hurts me that someone who I respected would just dishonour it in such a way. :mad:

So if anybody here decides to bid on this, just know that you're just adding salt to an already very painful wound. :(:_(

-dZ.

One day I sent a Tutankham's instruction for free to him... and I am sure he sold the CIB Tutankham some months later.... (funny fact, I need one today ^^ but I have many Tutankham... so it's fine)

But your present was a very special one.... I understand your feelings. so, I won"t bid on it...

Edited by scalpel
  • Like 1

Just kidding! but seriously, it's not a matter of condemning the buyer; it's a recognition that they are purchasing a personal token that someone else apparently doesn't value as much. As you can see in the listing pictures, it was dedicated specifically to IntellivisionDude, it wasn't supposed to be a collector's item nor a commodity to sell when he wishes -- it was a personal gift, it meant something. Or at least it was supposed to.

All that said, it's not like I am going to troll e-Bay and and find out who bought the thing and be angry at them. I am just disappointed and saddened about this whole situation and thought I'd just express that.

-dZ.

Your feelings are completely valid and I understand your point of view. But I do have to add that Dude had some major, I guess "life events" is the best way to state it, that befell him this past year. I won't go into it here for obvious privacy reasons but it forced him to sell off most of his collections including his entire Intellivision collection last year. He still kept a few items that had sentimental value to him beyond just being Intellivision that he didn't want to part with. He only started selling them off in the past month. I know this because one of the items was a box I made for him that he asked if I minded him putting up for auction last fall. I told him I had no issue with it but he responded that he would only do so if he had no choice. I haven't PM'd with him recently but he did wind up selling my box shortly before putting up this Christmas Carol for bidding.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure he only posted the game because he feels he has no choice and it was one of the last Intellivision items he kept till the end. I'm not saying any of that negates your point of view in any way. But he would never have sold that like it was just "a commodity to sell" if he didn't feel he had to.

Your feelings are completely valid and I understand your point of view. But I do have to add that Dude had some major, I guess "life events" is the best way to state it, that befell him this past year.

You know why I do not find that acceptable? Because he keeps buying "stuff"! He can't ever afford anything, he asks for hand-outs at every opportunity and we all fall for it; then he turns around and sells it when he needs to pay rent. And the next time he gets some money, guess what he does? he buys more crap to collect, then ask for more handouts.

If he really is in such dire straights, he has no business spending his measly money on frivolous things.

And just so you know, this is not the first time this has happened. You apparently have fallen for it also. A few years ago, he went through the same thing. Back then, he asked me if he could sell it, and I told him that I wish he didn't. He sold most of his Intellivision collection, and then a few months later, he posted in Facebook that he started collecting something else (I forgot what it was, but it was more collectible crap). That's just stupid, or disingenuous for the people who sincerely have tried to help him.

I was upset back then, and some people just brushed it off as "oh, you know, that's IntellivisionDude." Well, I think it's time to stop the cycle of freebies for him to just build a collection that he will just use to fund his next eBay binge.

-dZ.

• Like 3

You know why I do not find that acceptable? Because he keeps buying "stuff"! He can't ever afford anything, he asks for hand-outs at every opportunity and we all fall for it; then he turns around and sells it when he needs to pay rent. And the next time he gets some money, guess what he does? he buys more crap to collect.

If he really is in such dire straights, he has no business spending his measly money on frivolous things.

And just so you know, this is not the first time this has happened. You apparently have fallen for it also. A few years ago, he went through the same thing. Back then, he asked me if he could sell it, and I told him that I wish he didn't. He sold most of his Intellivision collection, and then a few months later, he posted in Facebook that he started collecting something else (I forgot what it was, but it was more collectible crap). That's just stupid, or disingenuous for the people who sincerely have tried to help him.

-dZ.

Oh well. Maybe he has some level of collecting/hoarding issue or something and can't maintain after a purge. Like I said, at least he held on to your item until the very end of his current crisis so it's clear he wasn't wanting to part with it.

As for the box I made for him, we traded items and I felt I was fairly compensated for it. There was no request for me to cut him any kind of special deal as there seems to have been in your case so I understand that our interactions were a little different. Either way, if you sell something to someone you should really resign yourself to this possibility and accept that you attached a certain dollar value to it from the outset. Doesn't mean you shouldn't feel annoyed when the resale happens but it's not like this was a gift that got sold off.

Being kind has its downsides sometimes but it doesn't change the kind act on your part in the beginning. It's just a game. What's important is you're a good dude.

Either way, if you sell something to someone you should really resign yourself to this possibility and accept that you attached a certain dollar value to it from the outset. Doesn't mean you shouldn't feel annoyed when the resale happens but it's not like this was a gift that got sold off.

You don't get it, I didn't sell anything to him, I didn't cut a deal with him. It was a personal gift to him, a Christmas present I gave him; so it wasn't "just a game."

Check out IntellivisionDude's feedback page... Look at all the crap he's been buying just in the last month.

post-27318-0-66225300-1528709348_thumb.png

There's a crap-load of Game Boy stuff in there, which seems to be his latest fever.

Anyway, it's sold, so there's that. Apparently $255.00 is the price of friendship nowadays. Oh well.

-dZ.

You don't get it, I didn't sell anything to him, I didn't cut a deal with him. It was a personal gift to him, a Christmas present I gave him; so it wasn't "just a game."

Check out IntellivisionDude's feedback page... Look at all the crap he's been buying just in the last month.

feedback.png

There's a crap-load of Game Boy stuff in there, which seems to be his latest fever.

Anyway, it's sold, so there's that. Apparently $255.00 is the price of friendship nowadays. Oh well.

-dZ.

Ah I see. I thought I read that you sold it to him at cost or something. Must have had a few posts blend together in my head. My apologies.

Again, I get why you're upset. But this part is still the important thing..

"Being kind has its downsides sometimes but it doesn't change the kind act on your part in the beginning. It's just a game. What's important is you're a good dude."

So don't let this make you bitter. He clearly has issues but that doesn't change the fact that when the moment came where you had the chance to be really cool, you acted on it.

• Like 1

Ah I see. I thought I read that you sold it to him at cost or something. Must have had a few posts blend together in my head. My apologies.

Again, I get why you're upset. But this part is still the important thing..

"Being kind has its downsides sometimes but it doesn't change the kind act on your part in the beginning. It's just a game. What's important is you're a good dude."

So don't let this make you bitter. He clearly has issues but that doesn't change the fact that when the moment came where you had the chance to be really cool, you acted on it.

Oh, no worries, I'm not bitter. :)

-dZ.

• Like 2

I understand your disappontment. If this makes you feel a little better, the web is full of people selling pre-owned used wedding rings

Oh my! :o

Yeah, and I can imagine that our children and grand-children will put up our collections unceremoniously and dismissively for an estate sale, once we die. Oh well. *sigh*

dZ.

Yeah, and I can imagine that our children and grand-children will put up our collections unceremoniously and dismissively for an estate sale, once we die. Oh well. *sigh*

dZ.

When they put me in the ground, they better put my copy of Tutankham with me (seems fitting no?)

When they put me in the ground, they better put my copy of Tutankham with me (seems fitting no?)

I've always said I want my tombstone to be a small pyramid :lol:

dZ.

Assuming I live to old age, I will be sure to instruct my next of kin on the value of these items and where/how to sell them to get the most bank for their buck! That or I'll try to find a deserving collector to just give them to. Probably the latter.

Assuming I live to old age, I will be sure to instruct my next of kin on the value of these items and where/how to sell them to get the most bank for their buck! That or I'll try to find a deserving collector to just give them to. Probably the latter.

Your family will almost certainly not want the things you've been collecting / accumulating. Enjoy them while you're able, and then do everyone a huge service and pare down your possessions so your kids won't have the burden of doing it when you're gone. I keep seeing that advice in print, and having lost both my parents in the last few years, I've found it to be true.

Well, Buddha would mention the Second Noble Truth - The Origin Of Suffering Is Attachment.

When we are kind and giving and generous we remain so regardless of the outcome. When we do a kindness we can't be attached to the final outcome. It is that attachment that hurts us, not the generosity we gave. You did a good thing, that will never change DZ! Thank you for the many kindnesses you have shown me and others.

• Like 2

Your family will almost certainly not want the things you've been collecting / accumulating. Enjoy them while you're able, and then do everyone a huge service and pare down your possessions so your kids won't have the burden of doing it when you're gone. I keep seeing that advice in print, and having lost both my parents in the last few years, I've found it to be true.

I think that's great advice.

Ironic that last year I sold everything I owned except my truck, clothes and Intellivision collection and moved home to Ohio after losing my job, lol. I'm very glad to be back though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Flashback-Classic-Game-Console-60-Games-Retro-Gaming/292601636327?hash=item44206aa5e7:g:rUkAAOSwZ~hbHqtd

With that shipping charge, it better come in a welded, hand-crafted, buffed steel crate with brushed nickel finish, have totally bedazzled, double-keyed locks, delivered in a Brinks truck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Flashback-Classic-Game-Console-60-Games-Retro-Gaming/292601636327?hash=item44206aa5e7:g:rUkAAOSwZ~hbHqtd

With that shipping charge, it better come in a welded, hand-crafted, buffed steel crate with brushed nickel finish, have totally bedazzled, double-keyed locks, delivered in a Brinks truck.

lol, How I feel most time is see what people are asking to ship to Canada on ebay ... oh that feeling... lol