11264 replies to this topic

#11251 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,715 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:15 PM

Lol, glad they had some fun with it. Funny stuff. Let's keep this going :D

My latest reply:

Wow, thanks for the high praise!  Messiah of Intellivision pricing!  Love it!  Unfortunately, I'm no God, but I am the producer of a retro gaming podcast that gets thousands of downloads a month, and has listeners all over the world - most of whom are game collectors and ebay shoppers.  I can't take credit for finding this item, it was one of our listeners who pointed it out.  But the good news is, because of your fantastic explanation you've inspired me to do a new segment about 'creative' ebay sellers!  Go you!

So I was wrong about your pricing decision being drug influenced, my bad.  I see it's just plain old deception / bait and switch.  Drum up curiosity with an outrageous price in a published listing that states "No major damages or issues were noticed", change it up to make unsuspecting buyers think they're now getting a bargain, and cash out!  Monster Deal!  Sweet plan!  Seems legit.

One observation though... based on your kind words you clearly value my opinion as a 'world ignorance cop' (and thanks for the highway safety warning too, much appreciated!) .. I'm just wondering about your quality control process over there in 'monster-deal' land.  Seems to me the sliced and diced box in a plastic case would indicate what most of us would consider damage, no?  I assume that will be changed when the new "low priced" listing goes live, right?

Anyway, have a super fantastic day!

#11252 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,085 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:17 PM

A duel...but with words... ;) 

#11253 colormesticky OFFLINE  

colormesticky

Chopper Commander

• 162 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:31 PM

Dude's gonna hate-listen to an episode of your show now.

#11254 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,881 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:40 PM

So funny maybe we should all send him a message .. I had something like the with thehappytoripyouoff dude... lol

#11255 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,715 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:46 PM

So funny maybe we should all send him a message .. I had something like the with thehappytoripyouoff dude... lol

Yeah guys, join in.. share the Intellivision love!

#11256 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,253 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:48 PM

My latest reply:

One observation though.... I'm just wondering about your quality control process over there in 'monster-deal' land.  Seems to me the sliced and diced box in a plastic case would indicate what most of us would consider damage, no?

I think the mentality of a lot of sellers is that if the cart is in "mint" condition, then the entire auction is listed as mint or new. Collectors obviously disagree as boxes are desired.

You should invite them to do an interview on the podcast! Maybe you guys eventually become bff's. Also, the only way to settle all of this is on the biplane court...to the death!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV, Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:49 PM.

#11257 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,881 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:25 PM

He wont let you ask him a question now.. its blocked when you hit ask seller question.. lol.... so funny

#11258 lokidchser OFFLINE  

lokidchser

Chopper Commander

• 156 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 8:27 PM

Not sure what the deal is, but the "monster-deal" shows up as being sold for 2,499.00

#11259 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,253 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 9:14 PM

Not sure what the deal is, but the "monster-deal" shows up as being sold for 2,499.00

Lol, no one legitimately bought that.

#11260 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• 1,115 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 9:53 PM

I think Jason has the right idea. This legend needs to be on the podcast asap!!!

#11261 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,253 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:12 PM

Are you bummed about missing out on the recent homebrew "monster deal"? Well, today is your lucky day! From the fine folks at CheapoDepot, you can now snatch up this $65 sealed Lock 'n' Chase with FREE expedited shipping!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 232997516563

Edited by JasonlikesINTV, Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:13 PM.

#11262 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,715 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:40 PM

Are you bummed about missing out on the recent homebrew "monster deal"? Well, today is your lucky day! From the fine folks at CheapoDepot, you can now snatch up this $65 sealed Lock 'n' Chase with FREE expedited shipping!

And another grammar ace too!

"THIS THE COMPLETE SET VERSION"

So much better than THIS THE NOT COMPLETE SET VERSION.

:grin:

#11263 BSRSteve OFFLINE  

BSRSteve

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:58 PM

I hope that searching for Lock n Chase would find https://www.ebay.com/itm/302940593963as well.

BTW, I put up some signed Burger Time gatefold yesterday - https://www.ebay.com/itm/302951033399

Also, the Intellivision running man ornament is available in limited supply at https://blueskyrangers.com

#11264 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,705 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:11 PM

Also, the Intellivision running man ornament is available in limited supply at https://blueskyrangers.com

Ordered!

#11265 BSRSteve OFFLINE  

BSRSteve

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:20 PM

Several flavors of Motocross: https://www.ebay.com...:EOISSA:US:1123

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users