IGNORED

BAD-ASS custom Dust Covers

MEtalGuy66

Ive never know anyone who painted an AMIGA.. We bleach our stuff back to the factory color using costic chemicals instead.. (Well, to be honest, I don't but the whole Retrobrite thing came from the Amiga forums originally)

I was talking about the keyboard, not the monitor..

I think your A1200 should say "Wish I had a CyberStorm".. cuz theres no way in hell it wishes it was a Falcon.. Youd have to divide it's system bus in half for that..

and add a better sound system, 1.44 FDD, DSP, power supply with an on/off switch that's not on the floor, built in

MIDI, 68030 (acceding sys.bus differences), add a couple more joystick ports, fan, SCSI interface....yep... :)

Look, we've been down this tired old (discussion) road before, and its off-topic for this thread. So lets just

end it with you like your Amiga. Fine. I like my Atari's. Fine. End Of Line. :)

The problem is, most software for both was designed with the lowest common denominator in mind.

It's that weak link in the ST family chain that drags it all down.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Darklord has already politely asked you Amiga owners to stop the ST/Amiga comparisons. Please stop now before it gets ugly....again. :|

What's the limit with the complexity of the logo design you can have?

ie pixels, # of colours etc.

I'm mighty tempted here.

Drop me a line and let me know what you're thinking of. It all depends on the design and what it will take for my wife to convert it to an embroidery pattern.

James

I'm not sure yet on design, just wondering what limits apply or if more than 1 colour becomes a problem.

I should also have mentioned - does the 800XL design have provision for the RAM 320XL module. It sticks out about half an inch or so.

In fact if I was to get one, I'd still want to leave everything except the joystick plugged into my machine - SIO, monitor, power, and my CGA cable which in itself becomes a custom requirement.

Look, we've been down this tired old (discussion) road before, and its off-topic for this thread. So lets just

Im not trying to debate with you.. I was just continuing the crap you started.

I have no doubt that in stock form, you are happier with your falcon than your A1200.

I have used stock A1200s and they are painfully slow.

Im not trying to debate with you.. I was just continuing the crap you started.

I have no doubt that in stock form, you are happier with your falcon than your A1200.

I have used stock A1200s and they are painfully slow.

I didn't start the crap - you did, with your very first post in this thread. Still

taking potshots at ST's after all this time. Sad. :(

(and its not just in stock form - I'm much happier with my 95mhz 060 powered Falcon

with 256 megs of Ram, 80gig HD, network card, and DVD burner, running MINT, than with

*any* Amiga I've ever owned. The Black Lotus Amiga demo's, converted to the Falcon,

rock hard on this setup. Check out the clips on Youtube sometime.)

But this is my last response to this thread, unless it actually has something to do

with James' most excellent dust covers.

Thanks to James and his wife for producing these, and thanks to you for pointing them out.

Good day.

I didn't start the crap - you did, with your very first post in this thread. Still

taking potshots at ST's after all this time. Sad. :(

Dude, I started this thread..Not taking "pockshots" at anything.. Just showing pictures of dust covers.

This is the 8-bit subforum..

Everyone is aware that the AMIGA architecture was developed as the planned successor to the 8-bit, and that the ST had absolutely nothing to do with the 8-bit line, from a development standpoint. Once again, this is the 8-bit subforum..

As far as what Is printed on the dust cover, itself, that's my business. I dont go over in the ST forums and make smart assed comments regarding the stuff you post.

You didnt have to open your mouth, but you chose to.

(and its not just in stock form - I'm much happier with my 95mhz 060 powered Falcon

with 256 megs of Ram, 80gig HD, network card, and DVD burner, running MINT, than with

*any* Amiga I've ever owned. The Black Lotus Amiga demo's, converted to the Falcon,

rock hard on this setup. Check out the clips on Youtube sometime.)

Hmm. I thought you said you had no interest in going down that "tired old road" again?

But this is my last response to this thread, unless it actually has something to do

with James' most excellent dust covers.

I hope you keep your word..

Edited by MEtalGuy66

I should get Slor's wife to do a custom dust cover for the MIO that has the original MIO graphics embroidered on it..

Could do it in XE grey colored vinyl..

Now that sounds cool :)

I second that, I would like one for the MIO too. I would also like one for xf551 and 1050 drives. I am planning to order one for my 800xl and possibly 1200xl/130xe. Are different vinyl colors available?

I'm not sure yet on design, just wondering what limits apply or if more than 1 colour becomes a problem.

I should also have mentioned - does the 800XL design have provision for the RAM 320XL module. It sticks out about half an inch or so.

In fact if I was to get one, I'd still want to leave everything except the joystick plugged into my machine - SIO, monitor, power, and my CGA cable which in itself becomes a custom requirement.

She works the covers to leave open whatever you need on the backs. Anything nonstandard, just a picture from you is enough to figure it out. You can probably guess there was a lot of that with MG's machines.

If you want one color for your logo and another for each part of text, I know that's not a problem. Anything else, just let me know what to ask or I'll get you in direct contact with the maker herself. :)

James, is it possible to have an 800XL beige color?

It would be nice a rainbow Atari logo.

I'm pretty sure the vinyl comes in a shade or two of beige, so I expect we could find something close.

There's a way to get kind of a rainbow logo with little effort. They actually make rainbow thread, so the logo can be embroidered with that. It's obviously not as defined as you might see a Fuji, but it's a pretty cool effect.

I also have several of the awesome Sloretta covers! Various photos here, the fabric ones did not look creased when I got them, I just ended up folding them and have yet to re-iron them...

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=3633

I should get Slor's wife to do a custom dust cover for the MIO that has the original MIO graphics embroidered on it..

Could do it in XE grey colored vinyl..

Now that sounds cool :)

I second that, I would like one for the MIO too. I would also like one for xf551 and 1050 drives. I am planning to order one for my 800xl and possibly 1200xl/130xe. Are different vinyl colors available?

She can certainly do drives. I'll get those measured next and update the price list. And yeah, different colors are available. Black, beige, brown, grey, probably red, green, blue, etc. depending on what the store has on a given day.

Dude, I started this thread..Not taking "pockshots" at anything.. Just showing pictures of dust covers.

Yes you did. By showing a picture of your offending dust cover, you are taunting ST owners by saying they are inferior.

This is the 8-bit subforum..

Everyone is aware that the AMIGA architecture was developed as the planned successor to the 8-bit, and that the ST had absolutely nothing to do with the 8-bit line, from a development standpoint. Once again, this is the 8-bit subforum..

:? So what if it's an 8-bit subforum? Or any subforum for that matter? You don't think there are any ST enthusiasts who are also 8-bit enthusiasts too? You really think Atari owners are clearly divided between the 8-bit side and the ST sides? You really think one can only like one or the other? Well, I have news for you. I (and many other forum members) enjoy ALL my Ataris.

Apparently you can't handle the truth that people can enjoy multiple products whether they are Ataris or not. When posting anything on any public forum, you should be mindful of other people's feelings and not just yours. :x

As far as what Is printed on the dust cover, itself, that's my business. I dont go over in the ST forums and make smart assed comments regarding the stuff you post.

Yes you do.

Once again, I am asking you POLITELY, to please be more respectable to other fellow AtariAge forum members in the future. We all enjoy using different products and insulting them only makes you an insecure immature bully who doesn't respect other people who are not like you. We are all adults here (at least I am). :|

Now about those covers...

I bought one of the covers off eBay for a 130XE some time ago. It works, but it's thin and entirely the wrong colour (brown and beige). I need something cat-proof. These covers look good, and I watch with interest. Could be interested in grey for the XE, plus an XF and 600XL cover if they become available.

Edited by flashjazzcat