Jump to content
Posted Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 PM
Posted Mon Mar 7, 2011 5:46 AM
Posted Mon Mar 7, 2011 12:06 PM
Rybags, here's the link to the very latest beta which looks like being the 1.9 final or very close to it, there's a load of stuff fixed since 1.8 and some great additions so might be worth a try..
Posted Mon Mar 7, 2011 12:33 PM
cool, thanks. That fixes some stuff for me from the 1.8 final build.
... here's the link to the very latest beta which looks like being the 1.9 final or very close to it, there's a load of stuff fixed since 1.8 and some great additions so might be worth a try..
Posted Tue Mar 8, 2011 3:18 AM
Edited by MaPa, Tue Mar 8, 2011 3:18 AM.
Posted Tue Mar 8, 2011 3:39 AM
Posted Tue Mar 8, 2011 4:07 AM
Posted Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:40 AM
Posted Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 AM
Posted Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 AM
Is there (or can there be) a way to accelerate the mouse speed? I tend to run Atari800Win with the mouse sampling ramped up some when testing the GUI, and this appoximates to the responsiveness of a real mouse on actual hardware.
Posted Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 AM
Wow - I'd never been down in those dialogues before. This emulator is just amazing. I cranked both up to 10 and mouse movement feels much better now. Thanks!
Hi Jon, if in the mouse input settings you set mouse movement axis's mode to relative and crank up the speed to 10 on either one or both depending if its a PC mouse mode or ST, that will give you more speed..
Posted Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:27 PM
Btw. when I coded intro for FLOP diskette magazine I ran into inaccurate emulation issue too. Altirra was working fine, but in A800Win it had some glitches and surprisingly on real HW were the same glitches. Probably some 1 cycle inaccuracy. I think it was on wide screen mode, character mode line and first line (badline) with hscroll enabled I'll try to recover it out, as I fixed it already and I'm not sure where exactly it was and how the code was before fix.
Posted Tue Apr 5, 2011 4:52 AM
Edited by flashjazzcat, Tue Apr 5, 2011 4:55 AM.
Posted Tue Apr 5, 2011 9:38 PM
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011 4:04 AM
detect_ide lda #$0F ; check for internal interface R25 sta $D105 ; IDE_CYLL (internal) R26 lda $D105 cmp #$0F rts ;This is called twice: with $D105, and then with $D505 (the hardware addresses having been relocated before the second attempt). The actual method used inside detect_ide is a copy of what Sijmen uses in his BASIC version of FDISK
detect_drive ; attempt to read sector 0 on master/slave drive sta usertable.dev jsr lba0 lda secbuf_p ; point to internal partition table buffer sta usertable.buf lda secbuf_p+1 sta usertable.buf+1 lda #2 sta usertable.sec_size jmp readsector ;This tries to read sector 0 at 256bps, and returns the error on a failed read. It's fairly obvious that the driver is failing to detect the internal drive, not the internal interface: hence "HDD not found" rather than "No MyIDE found".
Edited by flashjazzcat, Wed Apr 6, 2011 4:06 AM.
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011 4:50 AM
Hardware doing no proper address decoding is a real pain in the ass. I considered this to be a bug (or unfortunate shortcut) in the original internal schematic, so I built my own interface which decodes A4-A7, limiting MyIDE addresses to $D10x (D107 is still aliased to D10F etc, but I did this intentionally so I could later map D108-D10F to the secondary IDE register set, enabling access to the alternate status/control register).
What I'm seeing so far is that the OS search for PBI devices manages to initiate a valid READ SECTOR ($20) command on the device, due to the unfortunate aliasing of $D107 with $D1FF. This then puts the device in a state with DRQ set. Presumably this is why the current version of your MyIDE driver can't detect it, as if I hack the IDE code to ignore writes to $D1FF it works fine. However, the schematics I've been able to find for internal MyIDE interfaces at $D1xx don't decode A2-A7, so they wouldn't have this check.
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011 2:25 PM
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011 11:57 PM
Just a quick question about the Quick Load State and Save State options on the File column: Did these ever work or are they ever going work?
Posted Thu Apr 7, 2011 2:11 AM
Thanks. I'll test this later.
LOL... turns out the $D1FF issue was masking a more basic problem: I had RAM mapped in at $D1xx! That was preventing external MyIDE detection ($D5xx) from working.
This version is fixed:
I went ahead and restricted the IDE register range. Without the actual hardware I can't test the address range, and with the detection problems it's not worth speculatively emulating the address mirroring (even though I kind of hate turning it off).
BTW, SDX seems to break slightly when the IDE partition table is scrambled: either it prints extra lines on the command prompt, or it starts spewing bogus errors. Works fine if either the MyIDE interface is not detected or the partition table is valid. I still think it would be worth looking at clearing a pending read, but there are lots of other cases that could arise on a warm reset, like a sector *write* in progress. Without being able to directly issue a reset to the drive -- having no access to the reset line or the secondary register set -- it's going to be hard to stably and safely reset the drive.
Edited by flashjazzcat, Thu Apr 7, 2011 2:12 AM.
Posted Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:10 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users