IGNORED

OT: TI Christmas goodness?

OLD CS1

Some of us may not celebrate, or we may not exchange gifts due to budget or in deference to children. I am curious to know what, if any, TI goodies did you find under your tree this year? Any other geeky stuff if not TI?

Picture related, it's what I found :)

post-27864-129347484171_thumb.jpg

That's what I have a story to talk about...

My initial plan was a very special christmas gift for my brother and my little nephew.

We just started our way back into the TI world. In 2009 my brother got a console with a bunch of cartridges for free on the TI Treffen in Vienna.

Since then he only bought Extended Basic. So I decided for him that it is time to upgrade!!! I didn't have a TI-99 setup when I made up this plan.

I wanted to surprise him and his son with a bunch of TI-99 cartridges for xmas 2010.

So I got several game cartridges of ebay from exiletoledo.

But while actually searching for all those little treasures on the net, it brought back so many memories from my childhood, that I couldn't resist buying myself a TI-99 console. The interest of my brother and myself grew when talking about our shared memories on the TI, and he told me that he wanted to buy some cartridges in the internet.

So I had no choice but to tell him that santa claus might already bought something TI releated stuff for him.

In the meantime I started collecting cartridges for my new setup as well. I got such a big collection of cartridges and manuals from Dave Howell who had to give up most of his collection. I bought much stuff from several sellers from ebay.

My brother and his nephew got as xmas gift:

) a brand new TI-99/4a proctective cover

) WICO Atari Joystick adapter

) Extended Basic Manual

) around 25 cartridge Manuals (for cartridges he already has, he got as a gift or we only have in disk format)

) Adventure

) Chisholm Trail

) Connect Four

) Editor/Assembler

) Football

) Hopper

) Hunt the Wumpus

) Hustle

) Indoor Soccer

) Mind Challengers

) Moon Mine

) Number Magic

) Pole Position

) Shamus

) Star Trek

) Super Demon Attack

) The Attack

) Tombstone City

) Tunnels of Doom

) Video Chess

) Video Games 1

) Video Graphs

The following 3 gift cartridges are yet to arrive:

) Donkey Kong

) Jungle Hunt

) Protector

As my brother and I do TI most of the time together, there is not really a "mine" and "yours", so the other stuff is either at his place or at mine.

The only sad thing was that we celebrated christmas at our parents house, where no TI setup was to try out the "new" stuff. That's why my nephew still has no clue what to expect of these cartridges. But the next TI session is coming!

Oh, by the way, I bought myself an european TI console, looks and smells brand new. It arrived one or two days before christmas. So TI Santa Claus was coming to me as well.

Really crazy how things went by. As most of you probably know by now, my brother and I are from Austria, Europe and in January there will be the very first meeting of our new TI-99 club. Interesting path, when you think that I was initially searching for a christmas gift on ebay.

• Like 1

Really crazy how things went by. As most of you probably know by now, my brother and I are from Austria, Europe and in January there will be the very first meeting of our new TI-99 club. Interesting path, when you think that I was initially searching for a christmas gift on ebay.

Nice story.

I hope to see reports, pictures and maybe videos from the meetings. Who knows, I might even attend a meeting someday !?

:)

Some of us may not celebrate, or we may not exchange gifts due to budget or in deference to children. I am curious to know what, if any, TI goodies did you find under your tree this year? Any other geeky stuff if not TI?

So that's where that one went! It was odd, I had two orders from Tallahassee within a week of each other, and one was from a female (very rare for CHC orders to be from a woman.) I'm assuming that was your wife, and if so, she must be pretty attentive to your musings. :) I almost blew it though, since I wanted to ask you if you had ordered (since your profile shows you live in Tallahassee), but being close to xmas I figured it just *might* be a gift and I had better wait. I'm glad I did!

So, did you know there is another TIer in Tallahassee... Do you know who it is?

So that's where that one went! It was odd, I had two orders from Tallahassee within a week of each other, and one was from a female (very rare for CHC orders to be from a woman.) I'm assuming that was your wife, and if so, she must be pretty attentive to your musings. :) I almost blew it though, since I wanted to ask you if you had ordered (since your profile shows you live in Tallahassee), but being close to xmas I figured it just *might* be a gift and I had better wait. I'm glad I did!

So, did you know there is another TIer in Tallahassee... Do you know who it is?

hrmmmm Another TIer, eh? I know of a couple, but I do not know any of them. As for the female, that would be a close friend of mine. I kinda had a feeling I was going to get that for Christmas. I am bad to buy gifts for, so I pretty much pulled up the page and show her, here is what you can get me for Christmas :)

Not TI related but definitely geek-gamer situated....

Doom 64.... am delighted to pick my way through another 40 or so levels....

Nija Gaiden II for NES... Another impossible frustration to add to my collection. Can't finish the first one and I suspect this new gift was a poke at my inabilities from my youngest son. I see a rusted out heap of a Blazer in his future, running or not. He who laughs last laughs best.

Everyone be careful this weekend. Not good so much but careful ;-)