IGNORED

New to the Lynx! It's awesome.

GregadetH

and for the last 2 weeks I have played barely anything else except my Megadrive.

You bad boy :ponder: , isn't that sinful?

Too funny :lol:

I go through phases with my systems and have picked up quite a few Megadrive games recently so thats been getting alot of my attention. I will say the only machines I have that get consistantly played at least once a week are my Jag and Lynx. I always play the Jag HSC and my Lynx is next to my bed, a game of Shanghai before I go to sleep is great :cool:

• Like 1

Yes I am surprised as well. The only good thing that the smaller fan base means cheaper games and systems. I bought my Lynx 2 for 75 GBP for brand new. I saw that a new Sega Game Gear is 300-400 GBP!!

Actually I have found Lynx stuff goes for much higher prices, for instance I got a Gamegear with about 30 games all CIB for £75. You would be paying at least double that for a Lynx lot. The Lynx still has a big fanbase with alot of homebrew support, you can't say that for the Lamegear.

Yeah, the used sega game gear items usually cheaper than the used Lynx ones. It is weird that the system itself is so expensive ( I mean a New Sega Game Gear). I guess there is hardly any.

The Lynx still has a big fanbase with alot of homebrew support, you can't say that for the Lamegear.

Not everything that isn't Lynx or Jaguar is crap, you know. :|

Have you even read the list of machines in my sig :ponder:

Yes, I have.

I have stated on numerous occasions my favourite console is my Saturn and for the last 2 weeks I have played barely anything else except my Megadrive. Yeah I am such a biased fanboy :roll:

I didn't say you were a fanboy. You just have a tendancy to childishly mock anything beyond your favourite systems, and it gets very grating.

• Like 2

I didn't say you were a fanboy. You just have a tendancy to childishly mock anything beyond your favourite systems, and it gets very grating.

I would love to see you show me where :ponder:

I had a friend with a Gamegear when I was younger and I kinda liked it, especially Columns, G-Loc and Outrun. But having picked one up myself last year it just seems terrible compared to the Lynx. Half the library is platformers which I loathe, the screen is awful, the speaker is even worse and the units are badly made. The Gamegear also dosn't have a single game that I can think of that wasn't done alot better on another system.

• Like 1

You asked for it.

*cracks knuckles*

Four instances of Lamegear.

I agree, Nintendo ruined EVERYTHING!

Anything made by Sony stinks.

Did I mention that NES/SMS butchered Double Dragon?

How dare you be impressed by PSP 3D!

I h8 NES lawlz

Now please, no more flaming. I'm a bit tired of flame wars right now.

Edited by 4Ks
  • Like 1

What were we talking about, again..?

I don't think it matters anymore.

The picture stopped any argument before it could could worse. I recommend that Al saves pictures like this and sends it to two fighters in the future.

It should solve all bickering.

Now... if we can FLOOD the Jaguar forums with it... that would help the problems there too. LOL

• Like 2

You asked for it.

*cracks knuckles*

Four instances of Lamegear.

I agree, Nintendo ruined EVERYTHING!

Anything made by Sony stinks.

Did I mention that NES/SMS butchered Double Dragon?

How dare you be impressed by PSP 3D!

I h8 NES lawlz

Now please, no more flaming. I'm a bit tired of flame wars right now.

So lets get this straight:

I am not allowed an opinion on Nintendo's effect on the game industry, I saw NO FLAMES there at all.

Not considering Sony as Retro is flamming now is it?

The NES and SMS (a machine I quite like) did butcher Double Dragon, both awful conversions and thats not just my opinion as the thread proves. Once again no flamming, mocking or insults.

Stating the fact the Lynx did 3D before the PSP is also now flamming and mocking is it? :ponder:

And saying I don't like the NES is apparently mocking and insulting people too, funny because I always believed that was just an OPINION

Seriously man grow-up the best you could do in your reply was find a few Lamegear references. You didn't find even ONE instance apart from that of me and I quote "childishly mock anything beyond your favourite systems". Please don't try to start flame wars it will get you no where :thumbsdown:

Edited by The_Laird
  • Like 2

So lets get this straight:

I am not allowed an opinion on Nintendo's effect on the game industry, I saw NO FLAMES there at all.

Not considering Sony as Retro is flamming now is it?

The NES and SMS (a machine I quite like) did butcher Double Dragon, both awful conversions and thats not just my opinion as the thread proves. Once again no flamming, mocking or insults.

Stating the fact the Lynx did 3D before the PSP is also now flamming and mocking is it?

And saying I don't like the NES is apparently mocking and insulting people too, funny because I always believed that was just an OPINION

This calls to mind another thread where someone couldn't get why people took offense his mocking.

Seriously man grow-up thee best you could do in your reply was find a few Lamegear references. You didn't find even ONE instance apart from that of me and I quote "childishly mock anything beyond your favourite systems". Please don't try to start flame wars it will get you no where :thumbsdown:

I didn't start a flame war. I took offense at your witless mocking of Game Gear, and you took that as me calling you a biased fanboy. You turned this into a flame war, not me. Oh, and the irony of you telling anyone to grow up is just too delicious to ignore.

Now stop this petty arguing, before you get this thread locked and make yourself look even worse than you already do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good choice with Lynx. IMO, it's aged much better than Game Boy. The only problem I can find with it is that 6 AAs are a bit hard to procure.

Use rechargeable batteries, I use 2700 mAh GPs, it works fine with them, I never use the power adaptor.

How long do they last on a charge? I just joined the ranks of proud Lynx owners, and I can't wait to get mine in the mail...

I have been using my Lynx 6 hour 35 minutes since the last charge, and it is still working. I must say that the battery life is not bad at all with these modern NiMh batteries. I have expected like 4-5 hours maximum. (I even saw a review on youtube and the guy was talking about 2 hours working time...)

• Like 1

Good choice with Lynx. IMO, it's aged much better than Game Boy. The only problem I can find with it is that 6 AAs are a bit hard to procure.

Use rechargeable batteries, I use 2700 mAh GPs, it works fine with them, I never use the power adaptor.

How long do they last on a charge? I just joined the ranks of proud Lynx owners, and I can't wait to get mine in the mail...

I have been using my Lynx 6 hour 35 minutes since the last charge, and it is still working. I must say that the battery life is not bad at all with these modern NiMh batteries. I have expected like 4-5 hours maximum. (I even saw a review on youtube and the guy was talking about 2 hours working time...)

When I took my Lynx for the year I lived in Germany (1992) I took two sets of NiCd AA batteries with me - I hadn't bought the D cell pack yet. And yep, they lasted about 2 hours per charge.

When I took my Lynx for the year I lived in Germany (1992) I took two sets of NiCd AA batteries with me - I hadn't bought the D cell pack yet. And yep, they lasted about 2 hours per charge.

Wow, then the battery technology have been improved a HUGE.

Wow, then the battery technology have been improved a HUGE.

Yeah I've got the belt clip battery pack from Best now. I really like it!

• 4 weeks later...

just pick up an ac adapter...

I have two and they are my new best friends...even though I get free cases of Duracell AA's from my brothers store. I currently have 64 AA batteries on hand. I'm sure the Lynx could down those in about a week. :lol:

I always said that the Lynx has a battery "acid" addiction....

Edited by 2d gamer

That's good info to know. I haven't put batteries in either my Lynx units since I was a kid, simply because it was a complete waste of money when you only got 2 hours out of em. 6+ hours is a considerable upgrade. wow

That's good info to know. I haven't put batteries in either my Lynx units since I was a kid, simply because it was a complete waste of money when you only got 2 hours out of em. 6+ hours is a considerable upgrade. wow

The batteries went flat after 8 hours 5 minutes. So yes, it is a huge upgrade. I used headphones, but I can't imagine that with speaker it would work less than 6-7 hours. So it works easily longer with one charge than a PSP or a DSi. A don't even use the power adapter, the cable would be just uncomfortable.

I dunno where this 2 hours nonsense comes from. I had a Lynx 1 back in the day and when it broke I was given a Lynx 2 to replace it and I used to take my machine into school everyday with rechargable batteries in it which generally didn't last as long as normal batteries like Duracell.

I used to get 4 hours on on my Lynx 1 with volume and 5 hours on my Lynx 2 with volume. If I used Duracells I could get 6 hours.

Edited by The_Laird

I dunno where this 2 hours nonsense comes from. I had a Lynx 1 back in the day and when it broke I was given a Lynx 2 to replace it and I used to take my machine into school everyday with rechargable batteries in it which generally didn't last as long as normal batteries like Duracell.

I used to get 4 hours on on my Lynx 1 with volume and 5 hours on my Lynx 2 with volume. If I used Duracells I could get 6 hours.

you and your upper class duracells. us po' kids had to make do with Eveready.