IGNORED

Classic game compilations for Wii?

tremoloman2006

Don't forget Pinball Hall of Fame: The William's Collection. It's one of the best classic gaming compilations on the Wii.

There are two Namco Museums for the Wii. I have the first one and it's decent, but I don't believe it's using emulation. They appear to be ports to me. The second one has a larger lineup, but if you already own other releases like Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for the 360, there is little reason to get it as it doesn't add any new content you won't already have from the first Wii game and other previous Namco Museums. like the 360 release.

Namco Museum Remix

Cutie Q (1979)

Dig Dug (1982)

Galaxian (1979)

Gaplus (1984)

Mappy (1983)

Pac & Pal (1983)

Pac-Mania (1987)

Super Pac-Man (1982)

Xevious (1982)

Namco Museum MegaMix

Bosconian (1981)

Cutie Q (1979)

Dig Dug (1982)

Dig Dug II (1985)

Galaga (1981)

Galaxian (1979)

Gaplus (1984)

Grobda (1984)

King & Balloon (1980)

Mappy (1983)

Motos (1985)

New Rally-X (1981)

Pac & Pal (1983)

Pac-Man (1980)

Pac-Mania (1987)

Rally-X (1980)

Super Pac-Man (1982)

Xevious (1982)

In addition, there are some poor remakes of some of the games included on each disc.

Edited by Atariboy

With the Wii having the Virtual Console, theres no reason for companies to release compilations if they can get a few bucks each for there games. All the games on Midway Arcade Treasures, Taito Legends and Capcom Classics would cost literally hundreds on the VC. That and there is not going to be a Sega Genesis collection with the virtual console either.

I'm surprised that there is the SNK collection on the Wii seeing that they are trying to sell the games at $9 a pop on the VC. I'm guessing you could buy the disc used with all 16 of its games for that price.

Edited by TwinChargers

Midway Arcade Collection 1 and 2 for gamecube

Ah, yes, I completely forgot about the Game Cube. Gotta love how those can be played on the Wii.

With that, there is also the following (possibly some more if I missed any): Intellivision Lives collection, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection, two Sonic Mega Collection compilations, two Namco Museum compilations, as well as Midway Arcade Treasures Volume 3 on top of the other two already named (includes games like Hydro Thunder and San Fransisco Rush on it). If Pinball collections count, then there is also the Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection for the Cube as well.

Whew.. That's certainly not a bad lot to pick from now that I look at it! :)

The Gottlieb Collection has a Wii port that added a couple of tables (Which the PSP release also had). So don't go with the GameCube release unless price is a important factor.

I think you've pretty well covered the classic compilations available for the GameCube. Too bad things like the Capcom, Taito, Atari, and Activision compilations didn't make it to the GCN.

The Wii classic controller will not work with GameCube games though, right? So if I bought Midway arcade classics, I'd have to use the GC controller with it. Is this correct or no?

Yep. Thats true.

There's actually an adapter for using Wii Classic Controllers on your Wii or Gamecube for Gamecube games, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Me, I prefer getting an adapter for using Playstation 2 controllers on the system, or the one that lets you use Xbox controllers by daisy-chaining it to the Playstation 2 controller adapter.

With the Wii having the Virtual Console, theres no reason for companies to release compilations if they can get a few bucks each for there games. All the games on Midway Arcade Treasures, Taito Legends and Capcom Classics would cost literally hundreds on the VC. That and there is not going to be a Sega Genesis collection with the virtual console either.

I'm surprised that there is the SNK collection on the Wii seeing that they are trying to sell the games at $9 a pop on the VC. I'm guessing you could buy the disc used with all 16 of its games for that price.

Atari needs to release a compilation on the Wii since their 2600 and 7800 games are not available on virtual console. I am hoping the DS version sales well enough to make this happen. The Atari Anthology for the PS2 was awesome except for how menu was set up with that constellation stuff and hard to navigate. Maybe add 7800 games to that version.