IGNORED

DragonFire - Holy Heck!

SlowCoder

So I had a friend over for game night last night. We pulled the Intellivision out, and played a few of the games I have. We got to DragonFire, which he says he played years ago.

Anyway we put the game in, set to level 1, and were immediately decimated by arrows and fire. We must have tried to cross that bridge 50 times, each time dying in the 1st 3 seconds! My friend managed to make it across once, and into the treasure room, only to immediately die after leaving the room! Game Over!

Holy mazoly, that game is hard! But we laughed about it and had fun playing. And that's the whole point, right? icon_shades.gif

So I had a friend over for game night last night. We pulled the Intellivision out, and played a few of the games I have. We got to DragonFire, which he says he played years ago.

Anyway we put the game in, set to level 1, and were immediately decimated by arrows and fire. We must have tried to cross that bridge 50 times, each time dying in the 1st 3 seconds! My friend managed to make it across once, and into the treasure room, only to immediately die after leaving the room! Game Over!

Holy mazoly, that game is hard! But we laughed about it and had fun playing. And that's the whole point, right? icon_shades.gif

That guy must have alot of fun, we should try that sometime!! :-)

The Colecovision version is really hard too at first. We played it in HSC about a year ago and none of us did very well until Duncantoml posted a gameplay video. Then our scores really improved.

I've never played the Intellivision version. I'll need to give it a try.

I'm trying to remember off the top of my head as I haven't played it for a while but isn't there a number of difficulty levels? I remember playing this as a kid and sometime in the last few years and doing quite well....icon_ponder.gif hmmmm, I guess I'm going to need to pull this one out again, I always liked it.

I'm trying to remember off the top of my head as I haven't played it for a while but isn't there a number of difficulty levels? I remember playing this as a kid and sometime in the last few years and doing quite well....icon_ponder.gif hmmmm, I guess I'm going to need to pull this one out again, I always liked it.

We had it set to difficulty 1. And since we couldn't get over the bridge on diff 1, we decided to bump to diff 3 for the fun of it. Mistake. icon_rolleyes.gif

Really? I am a pretty mediocre gamer and after about ten minutes, I was getting through 7 or 8 levels. It is a great little pick and play for three minutes game. I could do much better, but the disc was failing me periodically, making me stand up out of my crouch and get blasted. And my controllers are like brand new. At least the fireballs are in a pattern, so all you really have to worry about are the random trajectories of the arrows. The dungeon play is just about getting your rythym. Keep trying!

Really? I am a pretty mediocre gamer and after about ten minutes, I was getting through 7 or 8 levels. It is a great little pick and play for three minutes game. I could do much better, but the disc was failing me periodically, making me stand up out of my crouch and get blasted. And my controllers are like brand new. At least the fireballs are in a pattern, so all you really have to worry about are the random trajectories of the arrows. The dungeon play is just about getting your rythym. Keep trying!

This is what I was talking about! Same experience for me, you just need to figure out the fireballs pattern and then run like crazy. icon_mrgreen.gif

Thinking more about the dungeons; I tend to go in a figure eight pattern, as the dragon is about to hit the right side I am leaving the top right and swooping down to the bottom left then back up and heading the other way and keep looping until you collect all the booty. You can also hide back in the entry door for a breather.

• 2 weeks later...