IGNORED

New Intellivision forum at Beeslife

Rev

Hmmm.

There ... doesn't seem to be anything there yet. I know that it's still new, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Frankly, though (and this not intended to discourage anyone's efforts), they're going to have a very hard time creating a community of the same quality and diversity as the one we enjoy here on AtariAge. It may be "an Atari forum," but I think this is the best place to be right now for the Intellivision community. However, having other places to meet Intellivision fans can only be a good thing, and I'll be eager to see what develops.

Hmmm.

There ... doesn't seem to be anything there yet. I know that it's still new, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Frankly, though (and this not intended to discourage anyone's efforts), they're going to have a very hard time creating a community of the same quality and diversity as the one we enjoy here on AtariAge. It may be "an Atari forum," but I think this is the best place to be right now for the Intellivision community. However, having other places to meet Intellivision fans can only be a good thing, and I'll be eager to see what develops.

i think it is new this week. and you are right about AA being THE place to go.

but i am sure they can co-exist.

on a different note, is AA the only place that has a real aquarius community except for that other programming community?

Hmmm.

I have to agree with you. I doubt any forum about Intellivision would do as well as the one were in right now. A good thing about it being here is, it's only a click away from other great forums like the Classic Gaming General or 2600 and the Marketplace.

On a side topic, earlier this year when i first found all these Marketplace & Buy/Sell forums, NintendoAge was the bigger marketplace. (Oops nevermind, it still has the bigger marketplace lol. But i could of sworn Atariage was closing the gap when i checked a couple months ago). Maybe it was just a slow day.

I just signed up so I could get the same username. :P

on a different note, is AA the only place that has a real aquarius community except for that other programming community?

Well, the Aquarius newsgroup isn't entirely devoted to programming, but yes ... AtariAge has the only other Aquarius community in existence, at least as far as I know.

Hmmm.

yeah, I feel like I can get it all right here, but I don't want to discourage anything new. And NintendoAge...what a mess. IMO.

Hmmm.

yeah, I feel like I can get it all right here, but I don't want to discourage anything new. And NintendoAge...what a mess. IMO.

nintendoage needs revised and updated i think too. AA is the best retro gaming forum/community.

Hmmm.

nintendoage needs revised and updated i think too. AA is the best retro gaming forum/community.

I signed up the more Intellivision the better

Nintendo Age has a lot of snobs if you will. I have never gotten a response to any posts because of my dreaded noob status and have not gone back. Weird, but many Nintendo sites seem to be this way. Nintendo Scene treated me like I had the plague (again because of my noob status?) and no one ever answered a single question I had, so again I have never gone back.

Thanks to sites like AA and Sega-16 where they treat you in a friendly manner from the start. :cool:

Nintendo Age has a lot of snobs if you will. I have never gotten a response to any posts because of my dreaded noob status and have not gone back. Weird, but many Nintendo sites seem to be this way. Nintendo Scene treated me like I had the plague (again because of my noob status?) and no one ever answered a single question I had, so again I have never gone back.

Thanks to sites like AA and Sega-16 where they treat you in a friendly manner from the start. :cool:

It's about time for a NES sub forum here on AA. i collect NES but i rarely go to nintendoage. i like the layout over here better.

And i just would rather post all on one site. call me old fashion....does that make sense? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for signing up on the Intellivision.us forum. As cmart604 pointed out, it would be impossible for that forum to compete with this one. That is not my intention though. When I first started Intelligentvision, I would have liked to have the ultimate Intellivision website but there were so many other great sites at the time so I did not try. Over the years, it appears that some have left the scene but I have not paid much attention the last 2-3 years. As there is now activity surrounding releasing some games, I thought it would be a nice idea to update the site and move it from Beeslife to it's own domain. (I redid my hosting plan so it was financially easier also :roll:)

People that visit my site may not be active in the AtariAge forum so I thought, why not make the forum on the Inty site as I should have 5 years ago.

I expect the conversations there to be centered around the new games and not what is discussed here. If the community wants it to grow, I will be more than happy to grow it.

My desire is for the Intellivision.us site to stay around many years. Who knows, maybe I can make it the ultimate Intellivision site. Any suggestions?

If you know of some great Intellivision sites, please let me know what they are so I may link to them.

Thanks for all your support over the years.

• Like 1

Thanks for signing up on the Intellivision.us forum. As cmart604 pointed out, it would be impossible for that forum to compete with this one. That is not my intention though. When I first started Intelligentvision, I would have liked to have the ultimate Intellivision website but there were so many other great sites at the time so I did not try. Over the years, it appears that some have left the scene but I have not paid much attention the last 2-3 years. As there is now activity surrounding releasing some games, I thought it would be a nice idea to update the site and move it from Beeslife to it's own domain. (I redid my hosting plan so it was financially easier also icon_rolleyes.gif)

People that visit my site may not be active in the AtariAge forum so I thought, why not make the forum on the Inty site as I should have 5 years ago.

I expect the conversations there to be centered around the new games and not what is discussed here. If the community wants it to grow, I will be more than happy to grow it.

My desire is for the Intellivision.us site to stay around many years. Who knows, maybe I can make it the ultimate Intellivision site. Any suggestions?

If you know of some great Intellivision sites, please let me know what they are so I may link to them.

Thanks for doing this Dave, we're happy to have another place to discuss the INTV, especially if we get to talk about great new games that you'll be publishing! icon_thumbsup.gificon_smile.gif (Which clearly we're dying to support!)

I'm sure most of us will visit and/or post at both sites, as you said hopefully we'll be able to meet some new INTV friends who aren't on AA. Rev and I are doing our best to lure new converts into the INTV scene. icon_mrgreen.gif

Now instead of directing them to beeslife, we'll send them to Intellivision.us

As you pointed out, many of the INTV sites of the past few years are either gone or are no longer being maintained it would seem. Probably the best remaining resources are IntvFunhouse, Intellivisionworld and the Intellivision Facebook page.

Here's hoping that 2011 is a great year for the INTV and that your work is a big part of it. icon_smile.gif

Cheers.

Thanks for signing up on the Intellivision.us forum. As cmart604 pointed out, it would be impossible for that forum to compete with this one. That is not my intention though. When I first started Intelligentvision, I would have liked to have the ultimate Intellivision website but there were so many other great sites at the time so I did not try. Over the years, it appears that some have left the scene but I have not paid much attention the last 2-3 years. As there is now activity surrounding releasing some games, I thought it would be a nice idea to update the site and move it from Beeslife to it's own domain. (I redid my hosting plan so it was financially easier also :roll:)

i hate to say it but you need to make it very similar to AA. not copy exactly but maybe in the same style.

Edited by revolutionika