IGNORED

Games Beaten in 2011!

This is what I've beaten so far this year. All were completed on the equivalent of Hard/Expert mode (except Beggar Prince which doesn't have difficulty settings).

1. Arrow Flash (Genesis)

2. The Smurfs (Sega Master System)

3. Gauntlet Legends (N64)

4. Beggar Prince (Genesis)

5. Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis)

I just managed to beat Ghosts'n Goblins Arcade for the Wiis Virtual Console on "normal" setting :D

Completed both runs through the game, which took me "only" 11 hours and 32 minutes to do according to the Nintendo Channel :)

I really hope Capcom will release Ghouls'n Ghosts to the VCA soon as well!

I'm pretty far in this year. Here is a re-cap for those who don't watch the tracker thread. I've been mostly playing lots of classics and games I have had since my childhood or teen years. I'm trying to get all of these done w/ video capturing so I can finally take my playlist off repeat and start playing games that are new to me. I plug the AV out from my VCR into the laptop and plug the RF out from the VCR into the RF in on my TV to have it displayed on both with no lag.

1/2/2011

1. Super Mario Bros. - NES

2. Super Mario Bros. 2j (Lost Levels) (repro) - NES

3. Super Mario Bros. 2 - NES

4. Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES

1/9/2011

5. The Legend of Zelda - NES

1/15/2011

6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - NES

7. Kirby's Dream Land - Game Boy

8. Super Mario Land - Game Boy

1/16/2011

9. Kirby's Adventure - NES

10. Faxanadu - NES

1/26/2011

11. Dragon Warrior - NES

12. Super Mario World - SNES

13. Super Mario Land 2 - GB

14. Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis

15. Sonic the Hedgehog - SMS

16. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Genesis

17. Sonic CD - Sega CD

1/29/2011

18. Super Mario All-Stars - SNES

2/1/2011

19. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - SMS

20. Sonic Chaos - SMS

2/5/2011

21. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES

2/6/2011

22. Sonic the Hedgehog - Game Gear (via SADX GCN)

23. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Game Gear (via SADX GCN)

2/9/2011

24. Sonic Chaos - Game Gear (via SADX GCN)

2/13/2011

25. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - GB

26. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Genesis

27. Sonic & Knuckles - Genesis

2/17/2011

28. Donkey Kong - Game Boy

29. Donkey Kong Country - SNES

• Like 1

Since my previous post:

6. Wheel of Fortune (Genesis) (beat this with over $10k on the hardest settings w/ two CPU opponents; only lost one round, when I overlooked the timer and took a split second too long to input the solution)

7. Chack'n Pop (SG-1000) (got past Level 14, after which the game loops, but used savestates along the way)

8. AD&D: Cloudy Mountain (Intellivision) (beat this for the second time on the "Hero" difficulty setting)

9. Sewer Sam (Intellivision) (destroyed all three subs, then the game loops, so I guess I "beat" this)

10. Secret Command (SMS)

11. Immercenary (3DO)

Swords & Soldiers (Wiiware) - by far my best Wiiware purchase yet. Awesome fun. ;)

Hm... I guess I could just try the demo on the PS3 if the versions aren't totally different. Does it heavily rely on Wii specific gimmicks?

I'm currently having a great time with the WiiWare version of Phoenix Wright. (I don't intend to ever buy a DS, so I'm not comparing :))

"Super Metroid"

3rd, 4th or 5th time beating this game. Probably my favorite game ever. I don't believe I've ever gotten 100% though.

This time around I had trouble finding the spring ball. It's because I kept killing that thing before it could clear the sand so I could get to the power up, so it seemed like a dead end. I had to watch a Youtube to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA). Excellent game, true sequel to SotN in terms of game play!

The man after my own heart!

I recently finished Order of Ecclesia on the DS. Currently retrying on difficult mode and japanese audio.

Contrary to you, I avoid the Castleroids, so this game has almost everything I want from a linear CV game, reminding me of Castlevania 3 and Simon's Quest . The graphics are perfect and the bosses are difficult to beat. Though the original gameboy castlevania is by far the most difficult game along with that of the nes and the snes.

Also finished Professor Layton 2, right after 3. #3 narrative would better fit on a desktop console. Amazing.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA). Excellent game, true sequel to SotN in terms of game play!

The man after my own heart!

I recently finished Order of Ecclesia on the DS. Currently retrying on difficult mode and japanese audio.

Contrary to you, I avoid the Castleroids, so this game has almost everything I want from a linear CV game, reminding me of Castlevania 3 and Simon's Quest . The graphics are perfect and the bosses are difficult to beat. Though the original gameboy castlevania is by far the most difficult game along with that of the nes and the snes.

Also finished Professor Layton 2, right after 3. #3 narrative would better fit on a desktop console. Amazing.

OoE is so hard! Great throw-back to stone age CV. Have you played Rondo of Blood or Dracula X Chronicles?