IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2011

Pixelboy

Back on Topic:

I received my 3 CIBs today. Super nice!!!

The quality of everything...Box, manual and cart are fantastic!

Thank you very much. Your the Man! +2

Okay then, I suppose that your sudden burst of happiness will motivate you to do a primo job on the ColecoVision console I sent you? ;)

I received my games today. Absolutely top notch work! Unfortunately for me, each of my CVs has the garbled graphics issue, and I don't have desoldering tools to get the power switch off for cleaning/re-lubing. It mean's I'll have to wait to experience the fruits of Pixelboy's labors, either that or drag out the old Adam. Then again, maybe it's just the reason I need to take up Yurkie on one of his mod/refurb offers.

Regardless, thanks for the hard work Luc!

I received my games today. Absolutely top notch work! Unfortunately for me, each of my CVs has the garbled graphics issue, and I don't have desoldering tools to get the power switch off for cleaning/re-lubing. It mean's I'll have to wait to experience the fruits of Pixelboy's labors, either that or drag out the old Adam. Then again, maybe it's just the reason I need to take up Yurkie on one of his mod/refurb offers.

Regardless, thanks for the hard work Luc!

Thanks for the good words! :D

Just bumping this thread to mention that all paid orders have been shipped. It certainly took a while to process all orders, prepare the packages and drop them all at the post office. With the post office so far away, not having a car didn't help matters.

But the worst is behind me now. I just need to get in touch with a few customers with unconfirmed/unpaid orders. :)

Just bumping this thread to mention that all paid orders have been shipped. It certainly took a while to process all orders, prepare the packages and drop them all at the post office. With the post office so far away, not having a car didn't help matters.

But the worst is behind me now. I just need to get in touch with a few customers with unconfirmed/unpaid orders. :)

SOLD OUT? or still have a few (not reserved) games for sale?

SOLD OUT? or still have a few (not reserved) games for sale?

I still have a couple of unreserved copies of Destructor SCE in stock. I have plenty of copies left of Gulkave and Girl's Garden. Several customers went M.I.A., including some who pre-ordered a copy of Peek-a-boo and/or Pitfall II Arcade, so after January 31st, those unclaimed copies may become available for others to purchase. I only have one copy of Track & Field left on my shelf at home, and it's reserved for mister Sunrise. ;)

Thanks for the update.

I can't wait for these games to arrive!

:)

For the second run of Track & Field, should we buy a controller (because of the limit one per customer deal)?

For the second run of Track & Field, should we buy a controller (because of the limit one per customer deal)?

You mean buy a T&F controller from Best Electronics? Well, in your case, purenergy, you are on my list for a T&F controller from my own stock of 50 T&F controllers, so you don't need to buy one from Best Electronics. :)

Back on Topic:

I have to echo Yurkie's comments, I got my six pack of games today and they look fantastic!!! icon_lust.gif Everything is so well done, very professional. Thanks again Luc for putting a smile on our faces, getting six new CV games at once in 2011 in just plain ridiculous and awesome at the same time! icon_thumbsup.gif Next up, a bunch of games from J-F, what a great year to be a CV fan. (Plus I got a separate package from Opcode today with a certain prototype #5 of 5, and a whole bunch of INTV stuff...very happy with Canada Post today. icon_smile.gif )

and one more thing, the T&F controller is also very cool. icon_love.gif

Edited by cmart604

I have to echo Yurkie's comments, I got my six pack of games today and they look fantastic!!! icon_lust.gif Everything is so well done, very professional. Thanks again Luc for putting a smile on our faces, getting six new CV games at once in 2011 in just plain ridiculous and awesome at the same time! icon_thumbsup.gif Next up, a bunch of games from J-F, what a great year to be a CV fan. (Plus I got a separate package from Opcode today with a certain prototype #5 of 5, and a whole bunch of INTV stuff...very happy with Canada Post today. icon_smile.gif )

Thanks for the compliments! :D

Also, about the T&F controller, it was brought to my attention today that atari2600.com has apparently received new stocks of the controller. Unlike Best Electronics, these are used controllers, but as long as the three buttons work, that's the important thing, right? Also, they're just 10.95$ instead of 16 bucks. I don't know how many atari2600.com has in stock though, and I'm too lazy to check. :P

(Thanks go to purenergy for the info.)

Hey Luc,

Opened the box and the games look awesome! (And packed very well too I might add!) Only had a chance to play one game, but it was a very important one! Peek-A-Boo! And I am glad to say it was a smash hit! My little guy enjoyed watching Elmo jump onto the screen! lol We tried both 'levels' or 'versions' and my little guy is definitely in the toddler level! lol

The sound samples are impressive and the jingle at the beginning of the game (Elmo's song) and at the end (Sesame Street Theme) were pretty cool to hear, even for me as an adult!

Now like it's been said, this isn't going to wow us older gamers but the fact that Elmo's voice was put in there was pretty cool! I think my little guy will be requesting this game a lot in the future! Perhaps I'll have to get some of the other educational games for the system... of course for him, not me. ;)

The box is really well done and fun to look at (especially when you are not quite two and Elmo's on the cover!). Haven't read the manual but I'm certain it will be well done as well. My little guy had no time for looking at manuals! lol (Sound familiar?)

He was walking around the house after saying 'Coleco!' dozens of times! lol And just like me, he was busy looking in the packing box to see what else was in there! lol He'd give the game a thumbs up, but at this time he's pointing with his index finger instead. lol That's his version of a thumbs up!

Perhaps tonight, now that he's gone to bed, Dad will get a chance to try out one of the new games! Thanks Luc, I now know kinda how my Dad must have felt when I got a new Coleco game when I was a kid.

• Like 1

Perhaps tonight, now that he's gone to bed, Dad will get a chance to try out one of the new games! Thanks Luc, I now know kinda how my Dad must have felt when I got a new Coleco game when I was a kid.

Your dad gave you Coleco games when you were less than two years old? :P

Just kidding, King. Thanks for the story! :D

Back on Topic:

Just received my four games yesterday. To say I was blown away by the quality and beauty of the entire ensemble is a major understatement. A huge round of applause to everyone involved in their production and a big +2 to Pixelboy.

I noticed that Pitfall II Arcade and Destructor SCE were programmed by Stephen Seehorn. I haven't come across Stephen's name before and was just wondering if he is active on AA. Is Stephen still active in programming more CV games?

Just received my four games yesterday. To say I was blown away by the quality and beauty of the entire ensemble is a major understatement. A huge round of applause to everyone involved in their production and a big +2 to Pixelboy.

Many thanks! :D

I noticed that Pitfall II Arcade and Destructor SCE were programmed by Stephen Seehorn. I haven't come across Stephen's name before and was just wondering if he is active on AA. Is Stephen still active in programming more CV games?

You know Stephen as kingofcrusher on AA. And I think it's safe to make it official now: Stephen will be working on The Black Onyx during the course of this year. He's busy with school right now (lots of homework piled up already, poor guy) but I really haven't set any deadlines for completing the project, so he can take all year if he wants to. Bruce Tomlin has already done most of the work on this SG-1000 port anyhow. Stephen just needs to find the time to do the final alterations (mainly replacing the password system with some savegame chip routines, and also some other minor stuff).

Aside from the ongoing "Sunrise trade" thing with Max, and a few pending orders (I do wish some people would check up on their e-mail more often... :ponder: ) I'd say things have mostly gone back to normal and quiet. I'd like to get started on BasicVision now, but the truth is I'm really tired these days after processing all those Team Pixelboy orders, and I need a break. So I'll be pushing back BasicVision to March, and relaxing for the remainder of January and also February. I've got some DVDs to watch (the eight season of 24, and the third season of The Six Million Dollar Man, in particular) and a few small projects I'd like to see done before I jump into the BasicVision project.

My only real problem now is that Albert hasn't replied to any of my PMs in quite a while. I'd like to get things rolling with the second run of Pitfall II Arcade and Track & Field cartridges, the sooner the better, but right now I'm just sitting here and hoping to hear from Albert.

Got my Six-Pack of CV joy today and am thoroughly impressed with everything (boxes, manuals, carts... the whole sheebang!) that I have had time to look over so far. Of course, my daughter had to play Peek-A-Boo first and while the gameplay is simplistic even for her (got another Wii expert on my hands), the audio and visuals are top notch. Can't get enough of the audio samples of Elmo talking... truly amazing quality especially coming from a ColecoVision.

Can't wait to get the kiddies to bed so that I can have some quiet time to enjoy the rest!

Thanks Luc, as well as everyone else involved in making these games.

Got my Six-Pack of CV joy today and am thoroughly impressed with everything (boxes, manuals, carts... the whole sheebang!) that I have had time to look over so far. Of course, my daughter had to play Peek-A-Boo first and while the gameplay is simplistic even for her (got another Wii expert on my hands), the audio and visuals are top notch. Can't get enough of the audio samples of Elmo talking... truly amazing quality especially coming from a ColecoVision.

Can't wait to get the kiddies to bed so that I can have some quiet time to enjoy the rest!

Thanks Luc, as well as everyone else involved in making these games.

And another satisfied customer! Happy-happy-joy-joy! :D