IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

• 1 month later...

Someone was asking me the other day what VT52 graphics looked like.

Here is a quick snap of the main menu from my BBS (sorry about the

scan lines):

post-5822-0-54767900-1325907074_thumb.jpg

Note that I always take the factory setting green and change it to blue,

so if you've not done anything like that, all the blue sections would be

Atari ST green. :)

So the next question is, can 8bits display VT52 graphics? I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Ice t does not do 19.2K...

Maybe not, but I've never connected to a site where it dropped characters on me, and it has a 16kB buffer for incoming data as well as a 16kB scrollable screen buffer. Pretty adequate for my A8 "surfing" needs. Only thing it needs is a VBXE driver so I can get those nice 80 columns in color :)

For anyone who missed this.

I relaunched my Atari 8bit bbs, called "BBS The Atari Inside" ... it runs on Atari 600XL (576KB), BlackBox, CF-card (Thanks to Acard SCSI -> IDE adapter).

telnet://bbs.inspiration-soft.com

It's using Lantronix MSS100. If you do not get a connection this probably means: other user online, or bbs is doing some events.

New users do not have access to everything. Please register, and request for a permanent password (you will be asked if you want that). I will update your account asap (usual that is within 24h).

Best experience is in Atascii (using Bobterm).

Greetz

Marius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got my BBS up and running with the Oasis Jr BBS 1988 software! It's working great after much trial & error to configure the program and menus. YYZ BBS is now available via telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

Running on original Atari 130XE 1MB & disk drives. APE supplies the R: handler connection for telnet.

Come by and visit. It's been 1987 - 1988 since I ran this board.

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

YYZ BBS

Houston, TX

I finally got my BBS up and running with the Oasis Jr BBS 1988 software! It's working great after much trial & error to configure the program and menus. YYZ BBS is now available via telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

Running on original Atari 130XE 1MB & disk drives. APE supplies the R: handler connection for telnet.

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

YYZ BBS

Houston, TX

Nice - I'll try to check it out sometime this weekend.

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

YYZ BBS

Houston, TX

Is this on a non-standard port? When I connect on port 23 I am presented with what looks to be the login for your router.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, was just on there - looks like you did make it on - what did you see when you couldn't logon?

What time was it?

Remember, right after 12am each night, it does a bit of automated maintenance and won't accept

incoming calls. If a caller is on at say 11:59pm, and doesn't hang up till...say 12:30am, then the BBS

won't start maintenance until 1am. Just the way its set up.

Thanks! :)

Umm, was just on there - looks like you did make it on - what did you see when you couldn't logon?

What time was it?

Remember, right after 12am each night, it does a bit of automated maintenance and won't accept

incoming calls. If a caller is on at say 11:59pm, and doesn't hang up till...say 12:30am, then the BBS

won't start maintenance until 1am. Just the way its set up.

Thanks! :)

Was able to get on a few hours later an post my messages.

Ok, interesting new development for me where I am... I found out that port 23 might be blocked, but apparently other ports are not blocked, at least not immediately. I was able to get on Thunderdome which is on port 471. So if it is possible to have another port open to the other Atari BBSs I can get on those too.

Or is there just a way to substitute another port that could mimic port 23?

Unable to get on Darkforce at 7:09 am CST

"(to) darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org

Trying 173.80.218.58...

telnet: connect to address 173.80.218.58: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

telnet> open

(to) darkfroce-bbs.dyndns.org

darkfroce-bbs.dyndns.org: No address associated with nodename

telnet> open

(to) darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org

Trying 173.80.218.58...

telnet: connect to address 173.80.218.58: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

telnet>"

Yep, sorry about that - I'm trying to help with the Atari ST Software Preservation Project and I'm using the Mega ST4

that runs the BBS to make Pasti images. They just recently posted a fairly large list of missing titles and I had a few

of them so I'm trying to help out.

Will probably be offline, off and on, for the next couple weeks, mostly late at night though.

We're up right now. :)