IGNORED

Relief Pitcher Available Now!

Willard

Buddybuddies and I are happy to announce the availability of Relief Pitcher 5/19/94 for the Lynx. This recently discovered version of the game is the latest one known to exist, and despite a few small bugs, it seems to be a complete game. Only 25 copies are being made available in the first batch, although more may be produced if there is demand for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:

Relief Pitcher costs $35 + S&H. S&H is $4 in the USA and $5 worldwide.

For a combined shipping total please visit betaphasegames.com and refer to the "Order Details" grid on the official game page.

Please make sure to email teamjaguarorders@yahoo.com your order includes Relief Pitcher. We have very few left remaining since the early announcement that we made a few days ago (buried in the old thread).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New youtube videos and screenshots can be found below!

"LYNX RULES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNDb09po1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuDwOcEp22U

post-3404-129432259373_thumb.jpg

post-3404-129432259765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willard

@Eric: this is the same version as we were advertising in the other thread a few days ago, so you're not missing out on anything :)

We are going to begin shipping out all paid orders on saturday or monday since we are going to try to give everyone who ordered time to pay and we'd like to ship out at the same time.

@Tempest: The bugs are infrequent, but sometimes the announcer will announce some arbitrary number rather than the actual inning or the game will not respond to button presses as the outfielders throw the ball back and forth a few times. Sometimes the game will play with no error but usually you will see one or two small glitches while playing (the game never crashes or anyting severe).

UPDATE: If you are about to place an order and your list includes Relief Pitcher, we will not respond until wednesday as we have sold out if the few remaining unpaid orders are paid.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW WHO HAVE ORDERED RELIEF PITCHER AND HAVE NOT YET PAID, PLEASE PAY BY WEDNESDAY OR WE WILL REMOVE YOUR ORDER FROM THE LIST.

HOWEVER, Lynxman is currently coordinating orders for buyers in his region, and he still has a few in stock. If you would like a copy please contact him and he may have some available.

Thanks alot to everyone for the comments, orders and support! We will be making additional copies of this game available in the future, but there will be a delay so please be patient :)

Edited by Willard

everybody who paid through the 6th has had their packages shipped with a few exceptions. some who paid on the 7th have had their packages shipped too, but not everyone. Will update Paypal transactions ith tracking numbers as they are shipped.

ALL packages should be shipped out by the end of tommorow though.

Edited by Willard

I got all 3 of my games in the mail yesterday! I was so excited to get these... and they are very well done.

The packaging is really nice... I have to admit that I should think about going to these exclusively after the initial run of Boxed games for EOTB.

Plenty of Kudos goes out to Team Jaguar for this!

One thing I guess I did not realize: Poker is a Limited Edition (NUMBERED EDITION) version. I didn't know that prior to receiving the package. Very cool.

The label is different than the Jagfest edition (slightly... but enough to distinguish the two which is great!). What about the loose cart version? Does it have a different label than the Limited Edition version I just got in the mail?

Hot Dog:

This is a fun game. Be sure to read the message at the beginning of the game. I think you have to push Option 1 or something. It talks about how many levels there were going to be and everything. Pretty interesting! I need to spend more time with this... that's for sure. And you can tell this is running on a Fat Bobby Engine. (I hope that makes sense). I think the Graphics for this is better though. Note... there is the Fat Bobby "CHEAT" mode available if you are wanting to get further in the game or just want to explore things!

Relief Pitcher:

I have waited a LOOOOOONG time for this game! There are a few issues with it, however, I think the sheer coolness of it, the "I finally get to play this game" factor and quite a few other things out weight the bad parts of the game. I spent more time with this game last night than the others because I simply HAD to play this game. I love baseball... and I always try out baseball games.

I need to bust out Baseball Heroes again to try this out and compare the two. The one game I generally compare baseball games to: Basesball Stars for NES.

That is THE example I wish all of these older baseball games played like. Whereas I think Baseball Heroes seems to have more depth... I still need to try out more of Relief Pitcher to actually see if that is true. I only played the RP games (where you play 12 game situations and you are the relief pitcher or whatever).

I have ran into glitches. For example... I was playing one game where the score was 7 to 2. I am up to bat with the bases loaded. I forget where I hit the ball... but when the next batter came up... all of my base runners disappeared. Its a glitch and we were warned about it... but it does happen (or at least it did once for me). There are other odd ball controls... One thing I noticed is that you can't get a force out... if two guys are near a base. If the guys on 1st and 2nd choose not to run, yet my batter hit it to the 3rd baseman... I would have to throw to the first base to get the out. I can't simply get the out at third. Strange... but I will live with it. I really think this game would have been great had it been polished up and finished! The voice is very nice. I smile every time the announcer (Jack Buck) pops up! I think you should get this game for your collections if you get the chance. It is one of those important breakthrough games (to me that is).

Can I get a copy too? Any copies left?

As of now we are suspending orders because we have sold out of all the copies we have completed. We have some PCB's left over that we plan to use, but it will take a little time while we assess how many copies of RP we want to produce. We should be making some available within a month at the latest :)

Edited by Willard

I got all 3 of my games in the mail yesterday! I was so excited to get these... and they are very well done.

The packaging is really nice... I have to admit that I should think about going to these exclusively after the initial run of Boxed games for EOTB.

Plenty of Kudos goes out to Team Jaguar for this!

One thing I guess I did not realize: Poker is a Limited Edition (NUMBERED EDITION) version. I didn't know that prior to receiving the package. Very cool.

The label is different than the Jagfest edition (slightly... but enough to distinguish the two which is great!). What about the loose cart version? Does it have a different label than the Limited Edition version I just got in the mail?

Hot Dog:

This is a fun game. Be sure to read the message at the beginning of the game. I think you have to push Option 1 or something. It talks about how many levels there were going to be and everything. Pretty interesting! I need to spend more time with this... that's for sure. And you can tell this is running on a Fat Bobby Engine. (I hope that makes sense). I think the Graphics for this is better though. Note... there is the Fat Bobby "CHEAT" mode available if you are wanting to get further in the game or just want to explore things!

Relief Pitcher:

I have waited a LOOOOOONG time for this game! There are a few issues with it, however, I think the sheer coolness of it, the "I finally get to play this game" factor and quite a few other things out weight the bad parts of the game. I spent more time with this game last night than the others because I simply HAD to play this game. I love baseball... and I always try out baseball games.

I need to bust out Baseball Heroes again to try this out and compare the two. The one game I generally compare baseball games to: Basesball Stars for NES.

That is THE example I wish all of these older baseball games played like. Whereas I think Baseball Heroes seems to have more depth... I still need to try out more of Relief Pitcher to actually see if that is true. I only played the RP games (where you play 12 game situations and you are the relief pitcher or whatever).

I have ran into glitches. For example... I was playing one game where the score was 7 to 2. I am up to bat with the bases loaded. I forget where I hit the ball... but when the next batter came up... all of my base runners disappeared. Its a glitch and we were warned about it... but it does happen (or at least it did once for me). There are other odd ball controls... One thing I noticed is that you can't get a force out... if two guys are near a base. If the guys on 1st and 2nd choose not to run, yet my batter hit it to the 3rd baseman... I would have to throw to the first base to get the out. I can't simply get the out at third. Strange... but I will live with it. I really think this game would have been great had it been polished up and finished! The voice is very nice. I smile every time the announcer (Jack Buck) pops up! I think you should get this game for your collections if you get the chance. It is one of those important breakthrough games (to me that is).

Yes, please, by all means do go ahead and do a Baseball Heroes vs. Relief Pitcher comparison. That would be most welcome. For all its flaws BH doesn't have the kinds of bugs you are describing in RP because BH was a completed game and RP was not. So I, and many others I am sure, would love to read a comparison. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...