IGNORED

Demo/unfinished versions of games found

clarkus

This certainly increases the value.

I'd say so, but why all this talk about "value" and prices? The owner (as yet) hasn't expressed any interest in selling. :?

Still wondering about the Telesys - Wizard link...

Why? There isn't any link. They probably just used whatever random case the prototype board would fit inside.

I'd say so, but why all this talk about "value" and prices? The owner (as yet) hasn't expressed any interest in selling. :?

i'm not so sure about that ....

You are from L.A. Clark.....even better!!! :) :)

:D

Edited by jahfish

Clarkus, whereabouts in L.A. are you? I'm about 25 miles east of downtown, in La Puente (near West Covina). Mitch's Map location looks like it's in Westminster (Orange County), and Wonder007 gives his location as Alhambra -- about half as far from downtown as me, a bit north of due east.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

But he HAS expressed interest in gathering info about his carts and all I'm saying is that a WIP status increases the value.

Why? There isn't any link. They probably just used whatever random case the prototype board would fit inside.

Must be something like that, I suppose.

8)

But he HAS expressed interest in gathering info about his carts and all I'm saying is that a WIP status increases the value.

Must be something like that, I suppose.

8)

Yeah, right now I'm really just looking to find out as much as I can about the games. This is a really fun little adventure down memory lane. I'm open to the thought of selling them down the road, who knows at this point.

I was talking to my Dad about what he remembers, and he told me occasionally people from these smaller companies (like the makers of Halloween) would swing by their office and would go on sales calls with my Dad. They'd bring demos with them to show the potential buyers. My thought is that maybe they threw these versions together just to have something to take on the road and demo.

Thanks again everyone for helping me piece together info about these games!

Clark

From my experience, people that aren't hardcore about collecting sell this kind of stuff after they have worked out what they've got ;) Anyone heard from Tanman in the 2600 forum recently? :D

• Like 1

From my experience, people that aren't hardcore about collecting sell this kind of stuff after they have worked out what they've got ;) Anyone heard from Tanman in the 2600 forum recently? :D

Lol... I probably will sell them eventually - but why cut short all this fun I'll have figuring out what became of all these great games I used to play hour after hour as a kid!

• Like 1

You could come to the SC3 meet in early March and show them off. There will likely be a decent amount of AtariAge members there. :)

Mitch

Mitch,

I think I'm gonna come to S3, I'd love to get your contact info or something so that we can meet up there.

Clark

I'm one of the organizers so look for someone in a staff shirt. ;)

Mitch

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it out to S3. It looks like I am going to be parting ways with these games soon - I think I'm going to simply post them on ebay one at a time. I'll post links when they are up.

You are probably better off just selling them to Wonder007.

Mitch

I hear you, these games actually have a lot of sentimental value, which is why I haven't entertained selling them for all these years. And I'm not 100% sure I can follow through now. That said, there are the hard practicalities of life and money is one of them... I'd like these games to end up in a good home and pay the bills too...

I hear you, these games actually have a lot of sentimental value, which is why I haven't entertained selling them for all these years. And I'm not 100% sure I can follow through now. That said, there are the hard practicalities of life and money is one of them... I'd like these games to end up in a good home and pay the bills too...

Not sure if you received my PM yesterday....please let me know if you did not and I will resend it to you. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...