IGNORED

Dracula Unreleased ColecoVision Game

retroillucid

Last year, I converted alot of unreleased games mockup (from the Press Kit) into real Colecovision graphics

One of the first conversion was Dracula, I always though that the mockup from the press kit look so good, look like a nice game too :)

Later I discovered that Dale Wick was working on a Dracula game for CV, I contacted him and gave him the graphics I made

So here's the CV graphics I made for this one , You can compared vs the Flyer

And also a still screen rom file of it to let you see what it would have look like on the real hardware

Enjoy! :)

post-11933-12943825931_thumb.png

Dracula (Unreleased).bin

• Like 3

Last year, I converted alot of unreleased games mockup (from the Press Kit) into real Colecovision graphics

One of the first conversion was Dracula, I always though that the mockup from the press kit look so good, look like a nice game too :)

Later I discovered that Dale Wick was working on a Dracula game for CV, I contacted him and gave him the graphics I made

So here's the CV graphics I made for this one , You can compared vs the Flyer

And also a still screen rom file of it to let you see what it would have look like on the real hardware

Enjoy! :)

Nice thanks for sharing. Any word on Dale's progress?

Nice work on that graphic. What type of game was he working on? I think that artwork may be a little misleading from where the game was originally headed.

I think they were going to make an adventure game with that one, but 32K was so small for a game like this....

Something like that looked a bit too ambitious for a CV.

For a homebrew or for an official release?

I don't think it was too ambitious for an official release, not more than Zaxxon at least...

For an Homebrew, then I would say Yes, its an ambitious project but if there's not plenty of rooms then it could be made easy...

Of all the games that were doomed because of the crash, Dracula for the CV is the one i wish made it.The graphics look great Retro!.I sure hope this game becomes a reality instead of just pictures!!!!!!!

Of all the games that were doomed because of the crash, Dracula for the CV is the one i wish made it.The graphics look great Retro!.I sure hope this game becomes a reality instead of just pictures!!!!!!!

I really wanted the Horse Racing game in the original catalog.

Do I ever show you my WIP of Horse Racing ?

Actually, Dracula & Horse Racing were two (as kid) I wanted ... I remember telling my mom to buy me those games and Skiing as well ..... and she always said: I can't find them anywhere J-F" .... ah... the good old time :)

I also recall that I beg her for having Tunnels & Trolls.... now I know why she could'nt find them anywhere! ... Damn early mockups! :x :D

Actually, Dracula & Horse Racing were two (as kid) I wanted ... I remember telling my mom to buy me those games and Skiing as well ..... and she always said: I can't find them anywhere J-F" .... ah... the good old time :)

I also recall that I beg her for having Tunnels & Trolls.... now I know why she could'nt find them anywhere! ... Damn early mockups! :x :D

I haven't had a chance to try the Dracula bin, but I'm glad to see the Dracula is now released (well at least a still of it). :lust: I too remember wanting Tunnels & Trolls. Actually, I just got done updating the game sheet and box for it. I hope you don't mind me posting the images here:

post-9874-129463446717_thumb.jpg post-9874-129463447601_thumb.jpg

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

I haven't had a chance to try the Dracula bin, but I'm glad to see the Dracula is now released. :lust: I too remember wanting Tunnels & Trolls. Actually, I just got done updating the game sheet and box for it. I hope you don't mind me posting the images here:

It's just a title screen and a still image, not a playable game.

Nice to see you on here again pboland, been awhile.

I haven't had a chance to try the Dracula bin, but I'm glad to see the Dracula is now released (well at least a still of it). :lust: I too remember wanting Tunnels & Trolls. Actually, I just got done updating the game sheet and box for it. I hope you don't mind me posting the images here:

Looks great!

Man! ... I really want to play Tunnels & Trolls

I want to use the 2 different mockups made for that one, I always though they were designed for the same game ... and not an updated graphics replacing the 1st one...

I'll soon post another unreleased wip title I'm working one (like I did with Dracula)

Stay tune :)

Hopefully, these will be finally programmed someday ;)

And here's my works on Skiing... compared to the original mockup

*Note: This was all made in MODE1 .... so there's no sprite(s) on the screen

Obviously, the programmed version will have sprites :) :P

(you can give me a +1 if you enjoy those roms)

post-11933-129463630636_thumb.png

Skiing.bin

• Like 5

Do I ever mentioned that Telegames sucks? :ponder:

I got your +1 for you!! In fact, I got a couple of +1 to hand out.

Actually, I always hated TeleGames Skiing until it came up in the High Score Competition. When you play it under those circumstances, it's not as bad, but I'll probably never play it again now that the compo has ended.

Gotta give TeleGames some props for making available a number of games for the ColecoVision that would have otherwise been buried or at best taken YEARS to eventually surface.

Edited by NIAD

Gotta give TeleGames some props for making available a number of games for the ColecoVision that would have otherwise been buried or at best taken YEARS to eventually surface.

I would be ALOT more happy if prototypes of Alcazar, Rock n Bolt .... skiing ... and all the others WERE found by CV fans that dumped them ;)

Telegames relases sucks! ... I mean look at their packaging! .... even my son can make someting better! :P

Ok, at least they released some unreleased games.... but... come on! ... I would have been more excited if those unreleased games were found (and dumped!) by CV fans

Just my two cents... :)

Edited by retroillucid

And here's my works on Skiing... compared to the original mockup

*Note: This was all made in MODE1 .... so there's no sprite(s) on the screen

Obviously, the programmed version will have sprites :) :P

Couldn't someone just hack the graphics in Turbo. Daniel already made a joystick hack of Turbo, so the standard controller would work.

And now!? ... Will you believe that Skiing is possible on CV!? ;) :P

Actually, no, I don't. :P Not like you designed it anyway.

It's one thing to do a still picture, and it's quite another to do a moving first-person game. Data transfers between the CPU and the CV's graphic chip being notoriously slow, you'd have a very hard time having those kinds of graphics running at an acceptable frame rate, especially if you want the gaming experience to be realistic.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that if it is done one day, it probably won't look like that. For one thing, the two skis will probably need to be done as an assembly of sprites, and they will appear somewhat smaller at the bottom of the screen than they do in Coleco's early promo mockup. Also, given that a lot of processing power will have to be assigned to repositioning the flags correctly (kinda like the towers in Buck Rogers) and also constantly redrawing the trees on both sides, you can be sure that there won't be any blue "trail" leading down the slope, because that will likely be too complicated to implement. And don't get me started on the programming challenges of implementing moguls... In the end, if the game runs too slow, it won't be any fun to play.

I think Sking on Coleco is possible. Even with graphics very close to J-F's Mockup. (how ever not exactly the same).

Since i'm experimenting various idea for my long term Outrun project , i think some of my experiment i did (and abandoned) for outrun could be usable for Skiing.

• Like 1

Yeah, Horse Racing is another one that looked great and a lot of fun.It figures all the best looking games that looked like a lot of fun were scrapped.Really frustrating!!!Damn CRASH!!!! :x