IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

This weeks status update is running, late. Sorry. Mark and I have made tremendous strides, we are each waiting for some additional components to come in for some in circuit patches and fixes.

Will post a non-narrow screen video hopefully Sunday showing how the XM's are passing nearly all of the testing, also will give everyone a glimpse at the functioning onboard BIOS system to. If Mark and I can iron out the final issues, we may only be a week away from kicking the last bugs out of the design.

I gotta give major credit to Mark, he's really stepped up and helped out beyond compare, so everyone really needs to give him a big (HUGE) thanks for his dedication and involvement in this project.

• Like 3

This weeks status update is running, late. Sorry. Mark and I have made tremendous strides, we are each waiting for some additional components to come in for some in circuit patches and fixes.

Will post a non-narrow screen video hopefully Sunday showing how the XM's are passing nearly all of the testing, also will give everyone a glimpse at the functioning onboard BIOS system to. If Mark and I can iron out the final issues, we may only be a week away from kicking the last bugs out of the design.

I gotta give major credit to Mark, he's really stepped up and helped out beyond compare, so everyone really needs to give him a big (HUGE) thanks for his dedication and involvement in this project.

YAY!!!! MARK!!!!!! GO GO GO GO GO!!!! :)

I'll gladly second that. In addition to his work on this project (and on his own outstanding efforts), Mark was exceptionally generous and helpful to me with my own recent project, and I'm sure he's also had a hand in several other projects that we're not even aware of.

Thanks again to Mark—and to Curt, and to everyone else involved in the XM—for all that you do.

Thanks for the compliments guys. We are most definitely on the home straight with the XM. Its been a ton of fun to work on from its initial conception last summer through to prototyping and beyond. I hope that everybody who has been gracious enough to place a pre-order with Curt will be over the moon with it too.

• Like 1

The rev 9 boards are ending up with too many mods, there is a new rev 12b that is being done that is reflecting all of the changes and fixes as well as some additional external logic to help the CPLD and some additional items added to the boards so that they can also act as a standalone CPLD ISP rig, so no one is going to have to worry about getting a board heavily jumpered, I've pulled out the rev 9's and will recover parts from them later and move those over to the rev 12b's

As to where the rev 10-11 were, there were some significant changes, so the rev levels went up.

Sorry, I know I owe everyone an update and I will make a point of putting one up tomorrow.... focused all our time this week on further changes and additional logic to stabilize a few things. We're getting a little bit of side help on Yamaha data conversion, hoping to have the music put into the self test, once the audio is in, we'll get some video of the XM going into the BIOS test screen, selecting tests and running the Pokey and Yamaha audio tests...

Mark has tested 6 (or 7) XM specific games, most of which he will be live demo'ing on the real hardware at Replay UK --- hopefully lots of video will be posted...

We are down more or less to cleaning up a few things and getting some things with the XM RAM sorted out and putting final fixes and changes into a lockdown so that we can say "done" and start production and get units out the doors, so we are getting down to the final steps.... hope to get some eye candy up shortly, please hang tight.

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 10

Super quick update posted:

http://www.atarimuse...7800/expansion/

One quick demo video of Pokey running through tests of all 4 channels...

Yamaha audio test video and top slot detect and game loading video as well later on....

Sorry for short update, but lots of testing and updates happening, so really focusing heavy on things.

PS - the "scrapping" sound is not from the Pokey, that's my dogs nails scrapping along on the hardwood floor in the office while I was video'ing the Pokey test ;-) His name is Milo and that is where the XM project codename is from for those who noticed his name on the silkscreen on the system board.

Curt

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 3

Looks great Curt!

Do you or anyone know whether any XM games will be simulataneously released with the XM?

I don't mean a pack-in just some separate games like Super Circus Atari and such.