IGNORED

Pokey Version of "Unreal Superhero 3" By Kjmann

Kjmann

Yes, sounds not bad at all. (OK, I personally hate the gen C/E basses, but that's a matter of taste).

Instrument volume settings sound good. But, the pulsewidth modulation can surely be improved still. By the way, what about a 16bit bass channel (instead of an 8bit gen C/E bass) for the stereo version? I'd really like to hear a 16bit pure square bass instead though, but it's a pity RMT doesn't really support it. Maybe another reason to do a 6th patch of RMT :ponder:

Here are Final Versions of The Stereo and Mono Unreal Superhero III Songs.

Instrument Volume has been Improved and Phase Canceling Problems in the Mono Version has been Fixed.

Enjoy.

=)

Both sound really nice! The stereo version is great.

P.S.

Stereo PoKey emulation seems terribly broken in Altirra 1.8. The 2nd PoKey is horribly out of tune - maybe it is not allowing for filters or polycounter resets? Atari800Win+ is pretty close to the real hardware.

Yes, sounds not bad at all. (OK, I personally hate the gen C/E basses, but that's a matter of taste).

Instrument volume settings sound good. But, the pulsewidth modulation can surely be improved still. By the way, what about a 16bit bass channel (instead of an 8bit gen C/E bass) for the stereo version? I'd really like to hear a 16bit pure square bass instead though, but it's a pity RMT doesn't really support it. Maybe another reason to do a 6th patch of RMT :ponder:

The Stereo Version is Using a 16bit (Gen 6) Bass.

=)

• 3 months later...

Using Some Ideas I got From a Discussion with Analmux, I Made Some Changes to this song and Cleaned it up a bit.

So I figured Why not Upload it. =)

I worked Specifically on the Main Synth Melody Line. I think it's sounds a bit smoother now.

Thanks Analmux for the Help. =)

• Like 3

Using Some Ideas I got From a Discussion with Analmux, I Made Some Changes to this song and Cleaned it up a bit.

I worked Specifically on the Main Synth Melody Line. I think it's sounds a bit smoother now.

Awesome! Your musical talent is quite evident here. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Since I know little about this type of music generation on the Atari, can you please tell me how did you create this song? (i.e. on a MIDI keyboard)

Hayden

Awesome! Your musical talent is quite evident here. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Since I know little about this type of music generation on the Atari, can you please tell me how did you create this song? (i.e. on a MIDI keyboard)

Hayden

Well, I didn't write it. I used Raster Music Tracker With My Midi Keyboard and Played in the notes. =)

Altirra has a slight bug in that if you swap between mono/stereo on the fly, it puts both Pokeys into the INIT state.

You can "fix" it by entering "E D20F 03" in the console window (D21F for the second Pokey) after doing the change.

Playback routines that bother to check if you have Stereo would only tend to do it once, and most would only set SKCTL once as well, unless using the 2-tone feature.

Sounds great - I really have to get a stereo pokey in my NTSC machine, especially since RMT now plays back at the proper speed.