IGNORED

Arcade/Pinball auctions in OH/PA

Cliff Friedel

Hey all. Just wanted to see if anyone knew were I could find arcade/pinball/vending auctions in OH/PA. I see that the USAA closed and a couple more of the OH places that had regular auctions. I checked auctionzip.com also and had no luck. Anyone got any ideas? Looking for cabinets/pins for the DCAGE expo/auction. Thanks.

Cliff

You just missed several of them in Harrisburg at the Farm Show Complex. There were three last year: one in the spring, last September and last month.

Here's their www site http://www.auctiongamesales.com/AUCTIONDATES.htm with no auctions scheduled in the area for 2011

Unfortunately I was sick for the last one. I went to a few down this way (near Pittsburgh), but it is definitely getting harder to find them than it was. I may end up going to one of the NC ones as I have a relative that lives close by. Any other ones you've heard of?

Edited by Cliff Friedel

There's these guys but I have never seen them in our area yet:

http://www.superauctions.com/

Incidentally, the last auction in Harrisburg wasn't that good. The best items at the show were the Tron machine that a friend of mine had and a Turbo mini-cabinet. Everything else (from the classic era) was multicade boards that saturated the place.

Hey all. Just wanted to see if anyone knew were I could find arcade/pinball/vending auctions in OH/PA. I see that the USAA closed and a couple more of the OH places that had regular auctions. I checked auctionzip.com also and had no luck. Anyone got any ideas? Looking for cabinets/pins for the DCAGE expo/auction. Thanks.

Cliff

Playdium in Toronto, Ontario has a 100+ game auction on Saturday, January 29th. Gonna go to observe the action. I'm expecting bids to be too high for me.

Cliff

Playdium in Toronto, Ontario has a 100+ game auction on Saturday, January 29th. Gonna go to observe the action. I'm expecting bids to be too high for me.

Wow. Is that the arcade that used to be on Yonge? If so, I used to go to that arcade all the time. I am not sure I could buy there though as I would have to bring them back across the border and undoubtedly pay duty on them (as well as the Canadian taxes until I got the refund). That would probably make it too expensive. If you do go, can you take a few pics? Would love to see what they have there.

Cliff

Wow. Is that the arcade that used to be on Yonge? If so, I used to go to that arcade all the time. I am not sure I could buy there though as I would have to bring them back across the border and undoubtedly pay duty on them (as well as the Canadian taxes until I got the refund). That would probably make it too expensive. If you do go, can you take a few pics? Would love to see what they have there.

Well, just came back from the auction in Toronto. Most of the machines sold near the starting bid price

Time Crisis sold for $50

Street Fight II Champion Edition sold for $400

Guantlet Dark Legacy sold for $275

Burger Time Cabinet with 40 games inside sold for $575. That was the only bidding war that occurred. I left after that.

There was a Sopranos pinball machine with a starting bid of $2375

And a Sega Emergency Call Ambulance that sold for around $300, forgot about that one.

There was a Star Trek Voyager machine in several pieces that sold cheaply as well.

The starting bid on Warzaid($375) was no even met. No bids. I don't think I ever saw that one before.

I saw an old Comet Pinball machine. starting bid was $475. I left before they got to that one.

There were six Golden Tee 2005 machines. They were bought cheaply too.

They have another auction in March coming, yawn!

Well, just came back from the auction in Toronto. Most of the machines sold near the starting bid price

Time Crisis sold for $50

Street Fight II Champion Edition sold for $400

Guantlet Dark Legacy sold for $275

Burger Time Cabinet with 40 games inside sold for $575. That was the only bidding war that occurred. I left after that.

There was a Sopranos pinball machine with a starting bid of $2375

And a Sega Emergency Call Ambulance that sold for around $300, forgot about that one.

There was a Star Trek Voyager machine in several pieces that sold cheaply as well.

The starting bid on Warzaid($375) was no even met. No bids. I don't think I ever saw that one before.

I saw an old Comet Pinball machine. starting bid was $475. I left before they got to that one.

There were six Golden Tee 2005 machines. They were bought cheaply too.

They have another auction in March coming, yawn!

Thanks for letting me know about the auction. Seems like the prices weren't that bad. Not much of a selection, but you get what they have. So, is the next auction new stuff or just a rehash of what they didn't sell this time?

Cliff

Edited by Cliff Friedel