IGNORED

21 Blue

RevEng

I'm pretty sure Mos planned to hook Albert up with the parts (see his blog) I think he would be happy if someone were willing to build em.

AX

I'd take them over if Al was game, but I'm afraid my time is already split a dozen ways, and having to cross-border ship every time would complicate things. I might be up for a single batch, though.

A worst-case scenario, kits would work for me and a lot of others. Those that can't assembly them would be able to get them in the marketplace, I'm sure.

Glenn offered to take over production from Albert (who took over production from me). I have no time to make them. Albert won't have time either, what with his arcade etc.

We need someone new to take it over.

I see... thanks for taking the time to explain the situation to me, Richard. I'm sure it will eventually get sorted, and people will get their AtariVoxes one way or another.

Perhaps we could ask to Atarimax or to someone in Eastern Europe.

At this point it seems like all options are on the table.

I'll let Al know about this thread when he gets a chance to reply to my PM.

Edited by RevEng

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully we'll see AtariVox for sale again; Ax building them for Al sounds like a good solution to me. Maybe there will even be an option to order one with overspray! ;)

But I have a feeling whatever the solution is, its going to take a while. Al hasn't been reading his PMs for weeks, so I can only assume he's getting crushed with his new business.

In the meantime I've ordered a SpeakJet chip and decided to roll my own "internal vox". It looks like I won't need much more than the SpeakJet reference design to get it up and running, after the baud-rate setup.

No news yet... I'd like to add some Atarivox compatibility for the final release first.

I promise I'll update the thread when I have news! :)

Nice! I really do think that a Vox-enhanced 21 Blue will take this already good game to a next level! By the way, I just came from a traditional barbecue party where there were some people who enjoyed card games. I introduced them to 21 Blue and they were blown away! They asked me more than once "is this for that Atari old console? Are you sure?"

...I just came from a traditional barbecue party where there were some people who enjoyed card games. I introduced them to 21 Blue and they were blown away! They asked me more than once "is this for that Atari old console? Are you sure?"

Thanks for passing on that story, Diogo! I'm glad to hear that I managed to pull off something unexpected. :)

I can absolutely assemble and ship them for the future once my 7800 25th project is off the table. With the new house and dedicated workshop I'll be set up for just this kind of work. It's waited this long, I'm game if everyone wants me to do it once the field is clear so to speak.

AX

Awesome! :thumbsup:

I can absolutely assemble and ship them for the future

AX, I hereby give you permission to manufacture / distribute the AtariVoxII . Any profits generated by the project are yours to keep.

Cool beans, and thanks Rev Eng for pointing it out. I'll get with Mos and see what he has going on thus far. With any luck we may have some VoxII later this year.

AX

Man this thread just gets better and better!

Atari 2600 history is being made right in this thread. Get that game finished, in a nice cart and box and get selling it. It deserves nothing less after all the hard work you've put in!

I can see it now - a 2600 game telling Ax he's been a naughty boy every time he ships one of his famous boxes of crap! :D

Man this thread just gets better and better!

Atari 2600 history is being made right in this thread. Get that game finished, in a nice cart and box and get selling it. It deserves nothing less after all the hard work you've put in!

I can see it now - a 2600 game telling Ax he's been a naughty boy every time he ships one of his famous boxes of crap! :D

Hah - kind of like a second "Atari" wife! :D

Hmmmm... [ponders an Atari-wife game.]

Definitely I'm going to go for a boxed release, though that will likely be a limited run, followed by loose carts, though if Al or one of the other producers wants to perpetually carry it that would be handy.

Timing is still up in the air, though.

:D Breadvox :rolling:

AX

I'm hoping it will become the new standard by which hardware mod sizes are judged. "Is it bigger than a breadvox?" :D

• Like 1

This game should not be packaged in just a box. It needs a leather case too like those Mystique releases.

That would be cool, though it might get expensive.

I'm been thinking a Parker Bros style 2 piece box, with a blue velvet lined cart-holding insert would be neat.

There should be a pack-in set of cards with girls on the backs but in the same resolution from the game :D It's a funny idea, but I think it would run $10+ a pack (checking a few advertising specialties sites).

AX

I actually considered custom cards early on, though not the low-resolution pics - that's a really nice touch. I'll look into it, and if it doesn't considerably raise the price I'll do it.

I would really like to see someone use the second port to power some sort of sex toy when you win a hand.

Its a hidden feature in the game that you can use the second port that way directly! enjoy! :D

• 1 month later...